Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU membership, frozen reports

tag
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

DCU membership, frozen reports

This post is for future DP purposes. I search here before applying because I was curious if I needed to thaw my reports before applying for membership. I didn't see a definitive answer, so I went ahead and completed the application with my reports frozen. Instant approval of membership.

Only difficulty was scanning the barcode on my license. It gave up and told me to manually enter the info. I already have Navy, Langley, PenFed, and Service Credit union, however, I like DCU auto rates. In the near future I plan to purchase a new (used) vehicle. 

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Re: DCU membership, frozen reports

@PutThatMoneyOnTheTable wrote:

This post is for future DP purposes. I search here before applying because I was curious if I needed to thaw my reports before applying for membership. I didn't see a definitive answer, so I went ahead and completed the application with my reports frozen. Instant approval of membership.

Only difficulty was scanning the barcode on my license. It gave up and told me to manually enter the info. I already have Navy, Langley, PenFed, and Service Credit union, however, I like DCU auto rates. In the near future I plan to purchase a new (used) vehicle. 

I've always been under the impression you needed to thaw your EQ for membership. 

This is good DP for the community, thanks for posting.

Congratulations on your membership.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 2 of 4
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I can guarantee it is a SP on EQ for membership, and you would need to have your reports "thawed".

ETA: Don't know how you bypassed with locked credit reports?

Congrats on your membership.

Message 3 of 4
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

I checked, no SP. So I'm assuming the approval is strictly based on chexsystem. 

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.