Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW's ETFCU membership approved...3.3% Checking

tag
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

DW's ETFCU membership approved...3.3% Checking

Well DW finally joined the Evansville Teachers club, so with her membership we were able to get a second Vertical Checking account going.

So for anyone looking for additional high earning accounts, ETFCU's Vertical Checking has a 3.3% rate up to 20k, with ACH counting as DD and 15 debits pretty easy to do with $.50 Amazon reloads. 

They allow spouses to each have a primary account with each being a joint account holder on the other. So that's 3.3% on 40k. Easiest way to knock out those debits is to combo Amazon ($.50) and CashApp ($1) loading/reloading. I do blocks of 3 for 5 days (2 amazon, 1 CashApp), so I'll just double that with the second account and send one more monthly ACH to fulfill the reqs. I'm used to doing the process so it's like 30 seconds a day and totally worth it for an extra $1320 a year. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: DW's ETFCU membership approved...3.3% Checking

Congrats to DW!!! Nice setup for you guys!

Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Good deal. ETFCU member here and their Branch is literally in my neighborhood in Kentucky. It's exceptionally convenient for us since it is a full service Co-Op Shared Branch and makes deposits Immediate into a number of out-of-state CU's we belong to. Lightning faster than even Zelle! That is if via walk in service. Friendly helpful folks.

Good choice on the Vertical too!

Message 3 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your DW membership! Thank you for sharing the information.

Message 4 of 16
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on DW's ETFCU membership!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

I do blocks of 3 for 5 days (2 amazon, 1 CashApp), so I'll just double that with the second account and send one more monthly ACH to fulfill the reqs. I'm used to doing the process so it's like 30 seconds a day and totally worth it for an extra $1320 a year. 

Yes, it's a great account.   I tend to do it in 3 days:

1 Amazon

2 Cash App

2 Serve

sometimes varying a little.   Cash App and Serve are "free" in that I get all the money back, Amazon has a slight cost because while I get 2% extra with the ETFCU debit card, I could be getting 5% on Amazon with the Chase card.

Message 6 of 16
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@PullingMeSoftly Congrats on DW joining the Evansville Teachers club -and- getting a second vertical checking account.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 7 of 16
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Congrats, @PullingMeSoftly ! 

I overdid the Cashapp transfers on my new ETFCU account, and got hit with a fraud alert call.  LOL  Guess I should cool my jets on the # of transactions in an hour timeframe.  Currently have Cashapp debiting from my ETFCU account, and then deposit that money back into my DW's ETFCU account to count towards the DD requirement.  Now I need to set my DW with Cashapp and do the reverse.

Message 8 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on DW membership and 3.3% checking.

Message 9 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

Congrats, @PullingMeSoftly ! 

.  Currently have Cashapp debiting from my ETFCU account, and then deposit that money back into my DW's ETFCU account to count towards the DD requirement.  

That hadn't occurred to me!   But I would worry it would look (to CashApp) too closed-loop if they chose to care (which they may not as it is not costing them)

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.