cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt consolidation loan, with no missed payments.

tag
Mario4
New Contributor

Debt consolidation loan, with no missed payments.

I currently have 9 credit cards and 8/9 of them are pretty much all maxed out.

I have never missed a payment on any of these cards. I also have an auto loan and personal loan currently open within the last year.

** I know i've kind of screwed myself, but im looking for advice for lowering my debt rather than any criticism. Thank you**

Here is a summary of my current accounts and balances. I have no bad marks whatsoever. My EQUIFAX Fico was at 732 until I ran into some life changing events and due to my current balances my score is 612. These payments are all over the place and theyre killing me with interest. I just need consolidation laon for the credit cards until I start my new position in 2 months. Please help me find someone to get me approved. 

Credit Cards     - Total Credit Card Debt : 18,477 |  Utilization : 85%

Bank of Am                    - 3,000  |  100%

Chase Slate                  - 3,000  |  99%

Chase Freedom           - 2,400  |  100%

Capital One                   -1,750   |   95%

Amex Blue                     -2,000   |  100%

Walmart Master card   -3,000   |    99%

Home Depot                 -3,000    |     0%

Amazon                         -1,750    |    99%

Best Buy                        -3,000    |    99%

Loans

Credit Union Pesonal Loan -   Origanl balance $3081   |   Current balance $2,786

Bmw Financial Auto Loan - Orignal balance    $18,744  |  Current balance $17,649

AAOA: 1.17 years

OLDEST ACCOUNT: 2.75 years

INQUIRIES: 18 (mostly due to searching for consolidation loans)

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Debt consolidation loan, with no missed payments.

@Mario4 wrote:

I have never missed a payment on any of these cards. I also have an auto loan and personal loan currently open within the last year.

** I know i've kind of screwed myself, but im looking for advice for lowering my debt rather than any criticism. Thank you**

Here is a summary of my current accounts and balances. I have no bad marks whatsoever. My EQUIFAX Fico was at 732 until I ran into some life changing events and due to my current balances my score is 612. These payments are all over the place and theyre killing me with interest. I just need consolidation laon for the credit cards until I start my new position in 2 months. Please help me find someone to get me approved. 

Loans

Credit Union Pesonal Loan -   Origanl balance $3081   |   Current balance $2,786

Bmw Financial Auto Loan - Orignal balance    $18,744  |  Current balance $17,649

oh dear... with a 612 you won't consolidate anything.

Message 2 of 12
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

@Mario4 wrote:

Loans

Sorry to say there is no way you'll be getting a personal loan for that amount with that low of a score. 

Now, if you have a car, house or something worth some decent money as collateral then a bank might be willing to lend. 

You'll need to have the title to whatever you own in order to get a secured loan. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 3 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would go run the "Check my rate" at both prosper.com and lendingclub.com since one pulls EX and one pulls TU but they are both SP!!! and see if your fico scores are any higher on either of them... I would run it for approval at no more than 35% of your income and if approved and they feel you could do more they will ALWAYS offer higher loan amounts but if you ask for to much they don't usually offer lower.

Message 4 of 12
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I would go run the "Check my rate" at both prosper.com and lendingclub.com since one pulls EX and one pulls TU but they are both SP!!! and see if your fico scores are any higher on either of them... I would run it for approval at no more than 35% of your income and if approved and they feel you could do more they will ALWAYS offer higher loan amounts but if you ask for to much they don't usually offer lower.

Gotta say, with their score I guarantee they will do a 35% APR and only offer like 7k. 

Both those places would put him even deeper in the hole. From what I have seen they wont even touch you if your under a 640. 

Hell, they even denied me with a 672 one time. Thankfully Upstart has a min score req of 640. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got denied by Prosper with 747, but I believe that was for DTI reasons and not because of my FICO.

Message 6 of 12
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

One horrible thing about credit is that it's hard to get when you need it.   It seems to be proving difficult for you to get a loan, so you may have to just work on paying down your accounts for the time being.   I'd pay as much as you can spare to the CC with the highest interest for the time being, and just maintain on-time payments on the remaining cards.   Once that card is paid off, work your way down the line.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used Springleaf in the past and they were pretty decent in a tough situation. They dont require 640 and consider your tv/computer and etc as collateral.

Message 8 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have used Springleaf in the past and they were pretty decent in a tough situation. They dont require 640 and consider your tv/computer and etc as collateral.

Would be higher then his/her APR% on CC's.  Not wise imo.   Emergency loan maybe, but not for paying down CC debt.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I worked for me and improved utilization so i could qualify for better things after about a year which i did.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.