Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Chase Checking Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied Chase Checking Account

UPDATE : About a week ago (Sept 10, 2019) I reapplied for Chase Checking again, initially I just got a message about receiving a letter about denial. I initially thought I should clear out cookies in browser. I then unfroze my credit reports and reapplied and was approved. I just don't know how that would have any effect as I received no alert about an inquiry so clearly no SP or HP on my credit. I was also 100% positive when I initially applied that I had unfrozen my credit reports.

I guess it's just something unexplainable.

Message 21 of 26
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

A lot of this is resolved by opening the account in person. For some reason, my bank accounts don't get opened online for some banks but it does others. I have checked my Chexs report and it's clean as well.

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@randomguy1 wrote:

A lot of this is resolved by opening the account in person. For some reason, my bank accounts don't get opened online for some banks but it does others. I have checked my Chexs report and it's clean as well.

You bring up an interesting point and that is opening the account in person or by other means. My histories and all are spot on yet in every case I have had to go into the bank to open the initial account! Why? All my everything is clean? Don't get it. Also, this is not in the last year or so, it goes back to my beginning. Sure has me befuddled! Smiley Sad

Message 23 of 26
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

It happened to me with Chase Personal, Business, and Citibank. The bankers in branch never mentioned any issues.
Message 24 of 26
Kidcat
Established Contributor

The credit freeze is likely what prevented you from opening the account online initially.  Although they do not use the information in the credit report to open the account they do a "soft" pull for identification purposes.  I believe it says that they do this on application.

If you go into the branch it is not an issue because you present identification in person.

I suspect if you pulled your reports from the actual bureau you will see a "soft" inquiry from Chase.

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure that's what it must have been. I was sure at the time that I had unfrozen my credit reports. I must have been mistaken. The funny thing is I have no SP from Chase on any of my credit reports. I have a HP from Chase earlier in the month of August 2018 when I had applied for another credit card. I just never bothered going in-branch as I didn't need an additional checking account. I don't know why I didn't double check to make double sure I didn't still have a freeze in place.

I am guessing that because banking and credit cards are separate that they couldn't use the prexisting relationship to pull my CR with the freeze in place? I have no idea. 

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.