cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for PNC Virtual Wallet account due to EWS, but my report doesn't have any negative marks?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied for PNC Virtual Wallet account due to EWS, but my report doesn't have any negative marks?

So I tried applying for a PNC Virtual Wallet Pro account a couple of weeks ago, since it seems to be a pretty decent account overall, and with PNC buying out BBVA, that means they should have a pretty big presence here in Texas. After I submitted the application, it was denied due to EWS.

I submitted a request for my EWS report and upon getting it, I don't see any negative marks whatsoever. Does anyone know what types of things PNC goes by on the report when approving/denying accounts?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied for PNC Virtual Wallet account due to EWS, but my report doesn't have any negative marks?

Have you opened new bank accounts recently?

Message 2 of 5
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Re: Denied for PNC Virtual Wallet account due to EWS, but my report doesn't have any negative marks?

Lots of datapoints over on DoctorofCredit that PNC is EWS sensitive. If you've opened some accounts recently from banks that check EWS then that is most likely the reason for the denial.

I opened a Capital One 360 Checking (Who checks EWS) And opened a PNC virtual wallet a few weeks later and got instantly approved. I don't know what the cutoff is, but if you've opened multiple accounts thats probably it.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 3 of 5
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you opened new bank accounts recently?

^^^ +1. This may hold weight and merit.

If you have opened other bank account recently you may/should wait a few months to reapply at PNC dur to opening many/too many recent account openings. 

Other than that, IDK, maybe check your EWS reports. (Early Warning Systems)

Message 4 of 5
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Why not apply directly to BBVA.  They currently have sign up bonuses going and they aren't as EWS sensitive (at least they weren't back in December).  

After the acquisition is complete, your BBVA will be converted to a PNC account!

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.