cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did my lending club Loan Get Approved?

tag
TheeGeGe

Did my lending club Loan Get Approved?

Hi , I'm lost and don't know if I'm approved or not! Long story short I was prequalified through Experian with lendingclub for up to $20k however when I clicked it and went through with it on the lendingclub website it actually says I'm qualified for up to $32k. I applied for the full $32k on 09/28/2022 and submitted my tax returns, they verified my income on 10/03/2022 on that following Monday! The last step was to call them and confirm my phone number which I did yesterday on 10/04/2022 and it switched to " Were reviewing your information " shortly after, I took a nap and hours later when i woke up I just checked it right now the To-Do List has completely disappeared and it now says " Welcome Back, ( My name ) and then account summary and it also says " Link Bank Account " to start making payments but i already linked bank during application???? I have a loan documents page and all my information is showing but I don't see anything about an approval at this point but oddly not a denial either?? I never got a message saying I was fully approved or funded? Is this normal? Am I denied ?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Did my lending club Loan Get Approved?

Never dealt with them. But if they asked for your bank account info. Suppose it will go thru. They want to make sure they get paid. Also the loan docs should be a sign. Call them and find out where your at in the process.

Message 2 of 8
TheeGeGe

Am I approved for my lendingclub loan still? HELP PLEASE

Long story short I'm a 19 year old business owner who got into a little bit of personal debt over the past 4 months and I applied for a lendingclub debt consolidation loan for the amount of $32k! I applied 09/28/2022 and uploaded income documents and ended up never getting an update so I called 10/04/2022 and they said I was approved and it was in the " funding process " fast foward on 10/08/2022 this past Saturday the to-do list finally updated to " Congratulations your information is confirmed , Next we'll look for investors for your loan " and now fast forward to today 10/11/2022 still have yet to receive any funds nor any type of confirmation of approval ( other than over the phone ) and the to-do list page has changed back to " We are reviewing your information " so confused ! What's going on? I thought I was approved and it's been ages and still no funds or approval conformation sent to me via email. Here are my stats below 

Credit Score : TU 749 at soft pull ( 733 after debt posted to credit )

Annual Income : $182k Business Owner

2 Hard Inquiries

No History With LendingClub

This is so confusing and I don't know what to expect, I've never experienced this with a loan company before! Please help

Message 3 of 8
Cowboys4Life
Frequent Contributor

Re: Am I approved for my lendingclub loan still? HELP PLEASE

I have had 2 Lending Club loans in the past.  They are not a traditional lender like a bank or credit union.  This is what is known as "peer to peer" lending.  That means once you pass the credit checks they put their information out to their investors who decide whether or not they will fund the loan.  My loan was for a lot less but I still had about 10 investors who "funded" it.  They decide individually how much they are willing to risk on lending you money.  Some were for a $1000 and others as little as $200.  It wasn't until enough investors agreed to lend me money and the total I requested was reached that I received the "congratulations your loan is funded" email and then received the money.  My educated guess is that your DTI ratio may be a bit high for the amount you are seeking and they are having trouble getting investors to fund the loan.  It takes a bit more time than a traditional lender sometimes.

Message 4 of 8
brk1971
Frequent Contributor

@TheeGeGe wrote:

Hi , I'm lost and don't know if I'm approved or not! Long story short I was prequalified through Experian with lendingclub for up to $20k however when I clicked it and went through with it on the lendingclub website it actually says I'm qualified for up to $32k. I applied for the full $32k on 09/28/2022 and submitted my tax returns, they verified my income on 10/03/2022 on that following Monday! The last step was to call them and confirm my phone number which I did yesterday on 10/04/2022 and it switched to " Were reviewing your information " shortly after, I took a nap and hours later when i woke up I just checked it right now the To-Do List has completely disappeared and it now says " Welcome Back, ( My name ) and then account summary and it also says " Link Bank Account " to start making payments but i already linked bank during application???? I have a loan documents page and all my information is showing but I don't see anything about an approval at this point but oddly not a denial either?? I never got a message saying I was fully approved or funded? Is this normal? Am I denied ?

By now I am guessing you've already either received your funds or have a better status update... 

In case that's not the case... one way to tell: On your loan documents page, is there a Truth in Lending document marked (Final) or only one marked (Estimated)?

Fico8 = EQ 779, TU 802, EX 771 (6/22/2022), util = 6.5% ish
INQ in 12 mo: EQ 4, TU 4, EX 7
Cards: NFCU: Flagship VS $45k, Plat $24.3k, Plat $10.7k | Amex: Delta Reserve $50k | Citi: DC WE MC $28.8k | Discover: It $22.5k | Barclays: Juniper $15.25k | USAA: PCR VS $15k, RA $5k | UMB: SR VS $15k | PenFed: Path VS $20k, Plat Rew VS $15k | Synchrony: Lowes’s store $25k | Truist: Bright $10.5k, Bright $6.5k | Cap1: Venture1 Plat MC $10.3k, Kohls store $3k | Comenity: MyCash MC $17.5k | Wells Fargo: AC $10.3k | TD Bank: Target MC $6k (Reports as retail card despite now being MC) | BoA: CCR VS $30k | Affinity FCU: Premium VS $25k
Message 5 of 8
TheeGeGe

Yep I got the loan that same day actually lol

Message 6 of 8
TheeGeGe

@brk1971 wrote:

@TheeGeGe wrote:

By now I am guessing you've already either received your funds or have a better status update... 

In case that's not the case... one way to tell: On your loan documents page, is there a Truth in Lending document marked (Final) or only one marked (Estimated)?

Yep I got the loan that same day actually lol

Message 7 of 8
Alwaysunnyinsids
New Visitor

Same situation. Did you get an email when it finally came through?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.