Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco bank savings trick

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disco bank savings trick

So I have both Disco IT card and Disco savings account... I consider the IT card a min $600 cash back card in year 1 with the 5% categories and end of year 1 match. I just linked both accounts and phoned in to see if I could transfer my cash back rewards I earned so far to the savings account and they transferred my cash back to the savings... Not a bad way to boost savings account.

Next year I plan on doing this with 2 disco cards and player 2 with her 1st disco once she is done getting her 5/24 cards...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disco bank savings hack

Your thread title is going to have a lot of people panicking mate.

Message 2 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Yes people think "hack" is bad which most times it is.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 8
iced
Valued Contributor

Several cash back cards have the option to do direct deposit. Savings and checking accounts use the same routing/account number system so any card that does deposits into a checking account can also deposit into a savings account.

What’s Discover doing differently that makes this a trick/hack?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iced wrote:
Several cash back cards have the option to do direct deposit. Savings and checking accounts use the same routing/account number system so any card that does deposits into a checking account can also deposit into a savings account.

What’s Discover doing differently that makes this a trick/hack?

I have Amex savings and BCP card and asked if they could do the same thing with Amex and they said not possibe... it's cool that Disco does.. I like earning interest in a savings account from cash back a lot more than just statement credits...

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA does this with their cash rewards card AND pays a % over and above if you use your rewards in this fashion. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

BofA does this with their cash rewards card AND pays a % over and above if you use your rewards in this fashion. 

This. Then I pay the card right out of the savings account!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah... I use BoA as well for this... 10% bonus for  transferring into BoA checking or savings then it goes up depending how much $$$ you have in BoA or Merrill... $20k is 25% bonus... $50k is 50% bonus and $100k+ is 75% bonus...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.