Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Checking Mobile Deposit

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Discover Checking Mobile Deposit

Just wondering how long it takes for funds to be available in your checking account with Discover after depositing a check via the mobile app? Is it the next business day? Or longer? Thanks! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Checking Mobile Deposit

IDK about Discover, but with BofA it generally takes a couple days. It all depends on the time and day you deposit the checkthough, but once they submit it and receive the all clear. The Money should post to the account. There shoul be a FAQ on their site about this.

Message 2 of 7
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Yeah, I found the answer! Thanks! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having major issues with deposits of paper checks. 7-10 day holds. I've never bounced a check or had a problem.
Last week, deposited check. Check was held then released. Late next day, check re-held for 10 days! Ugh...
Message 4 of 7
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm having major issues with deposits of paper checks. 7-10 day holds. I've never bounced a check or had a problem.
Last week, deposited check. Check was held then released. Late next day, check re-held for 10 days! Ugh...

Is that Discover??? That is ridiculous. I've used mobile check deposit at Memory Bank and my local credit union, funds were credited with immediate availability of the funds as soon as the mobile deposit was approved, which was within minutes  (during banking hours).

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup. I have a credit union that I usually bank with and funds are always available immediately. Not so with Discover
Message 6 of 7
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

My credit union processes SnapCash deposits at 9am and 4pm on business days and funds are available from that point unless it's more than $5k and not a payroll check. Even then, a $8900 AFLAC check was only held 48 hours.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.