cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover HYSA no longer a popular choice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover HYSA no longer a popular choice?

APY reduced from 2.10 %  to 2.05 and now it shows 2.00%. Looks like this bank is not a good choice anymore. Are you guys still using it?

I was thiking about popular direct which is offerring 2.55% with minimum $5k deposit.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Green456
Established Contributor

Re: Discover HYSA no longer a popular choice?

@Anonymous wrote:

APY reduced from 2.10 %  to 2.05 and now it shows 2.00%. Looks like this bank is not a good choice anymore. Are you guys still using it?

I was thiking about popular direct which is offerring 2.55% with minimum $5k deposit.

I was reading a couple of reviews about Popupar Direct and while they may have higher rates, their customer service is substandard. 
I actually was going over most of the high yield savings accounts listed on doctor of credit. A lot of banks have some kind of issues that turned me off. 
So I decided to stick with the largest banks/credit union. I am currently with Alliant, but Discover and Ally are the other 2 banks I would consider. 

Message 2 of 6
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

I’ve also noticed the rate going down a bit but it still earns more than my Capital One 360 by double so I’m keeping it for now. I also really like the app and customer service, as well as no fees or minimums (or other silly rules or requirements) so no complaints here.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Green456 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was reading a couple of reviews about Popupar Direct and while they may have higher rates, their customer service is substandard. 
I actually was going over most of the high yield savings accounts listed on doctor of credit. A lot of banks have some kind of issues that turned me off. 
So I decided to stick with the largest banks/credit union. I am currently with Alliant, but Discover and Ally are the other 2 banks I would consider. 

Thanks. I've American Express HYSA as well and they are still at 2.10%. I am thinking of moving my 100% of money from Discover to Amex. Amex doesn't allow to add over seas beneficiaries(one without SSN) and that's the reason I didn't move my money into it. Otherwise, I liked Amex better than Discover. 

They have external account limitations as well which is only 3 and very less as compared to Discover. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KLEXH25 wrote:
I’ve also noticed the rate going down a bit but it still earns more than my Capital One 360 by double so I’m keeping it for now. I also really like the app and customer service, as well as no fees or minimums (or other silly rules or requirements) so no complaints here.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 6
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

I still use my Discover savings account for my vacation fund savings. Once a trip is over with I transfer out of it to my Discover checking and pay off credit cards with it.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.