cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Personal Loan Approval...$35k...

tag
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Discover Personal Loan Approval...$35k...

Mods...please move if I posted in the wrong forum...thanks!

I didn't come across many recent data points about Discover personal loans so I thought I'd share...

I have 2 timeshares I wanted to refinance/consolidate plus I'm helping my brother out of a financial jam so I decided to try Discover since I got an email from them.

I tried to prequalify & they said no hard pull would be done BUT said they couldn't complete the prequal check because I had my reports frozen. I'm an existing Discover cardholder so I thought that would be enough to soft pull me but I guess not. I unlocked all 3 & called in to finish my check over the phone. I applied for $35k (max loan amount) & asked for 60 months...

They pulled Experian here in California, Exp Fico 8 is 786, $85k income, dti is 6%, & offered me 60, 72, or 84 months at a handful of rates I don't recall at the moment but I believe they were 13.99%, 14.99%, & 15.99% respectively. Not the best rates BUT I don't plan on holding the loan this long & the app was super smooth & quick. I took 60 months @ what I think was 13.99%.

Loan was approved Friday morning & had the confirmation by the afternoon. The only quirk with the loan would be they require 70% of it to go directly to creditors from Discover themselves. I have zero issues with it BUT I can see how this might prevent some people from apping.

Besides PenFed, this has been the quickest & easiest loan app & approval I've had. No IV, no docs, etc...super smooth.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Personal Loan Approval...$35k...

Congratulations Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 8
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Congrats!  I wish they were more competitive on their rates though.  Good thing you won't need to hold on to them very long.  

Message 3 of 8
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Yeah...their rates I didn't like but PenFed won't go over $25k & the process with Discover was stress free...we'll see how it goes but, again, I don't intend carrying this loan to term.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations. Did they asked for POI and any other documents?

Message 5 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

What made you go with discover with those rates out of being curious?  You could of done better no?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, for $35K it seems unreasonably high. Though if paid off reletively soon, I guess it's not so bad. But what if.

It occurs to me that a lot of these online Loans are a bit higher than going into the Local Bank, at least  for some of us.

I can get really low Auto APRs, but when it comes to personal Loans, it's alwasy around the 9-10% area. 

Message 7 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

GratsSmiley Happy stinks that only people who make 25k plus can apply for their loans but at least Amex looks out for some of us small fishSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.