Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover loan denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover loan denied

Today I applied for a loan with Discover, and was denied due to the reason being a collection. So I called them to confirm, and the rep said there were 3 medical collections on my report. They're paid, but still report. I never received a bill for them, they just appeared one day on my CR. So I paid them immediately, i guess damage is already done. But I'm curious if there is any possible way to remove them so I do not encounter this issue again? The only other option is to seek a lender that doesn't use EQ. Doeas anyone know who reports to who?

When I did a pre-qual on karma, marcus, sofi and best egg were all out. So I imagine for the same reasons. I did get a mail offer from Barclays, do they pull from EQ too? 

Thanks for any intel.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover loan denied

Barclays typically pulls TU. There's been very rare instances in which they've pulled EX, IIRC...again very rare.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prosper, as far as I know, pulls TU.

Are you 100% certain that these collections aren't on either of the other 2 reporting agencies?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The time to request for removal was when you paid, hence the common term PFD, Pay For Delete. Your only option now is to call or send them (collection company) good will letter and perform a BFD, Beg For Delete.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did at that time, ask for it to be removed. But was met with a response of "we cannot remove accurate info" from the rep I spoke with. But that it would still look good as being paid instead of unpaid. lol

The other two at that time were, but for some reason these three were not. And I totally forgot about it as time move on. As it really hasn't severely hinderd me with being approved for CC's. Just this particular loan, which was higher than anything I've tried to borrow to date.

When I requested copy of my CR, they only showed up under EQ, and that was conformed today by the rep from Discover. 

Guess I'll try to contact them and beg.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marcus pulled TU.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already have a loan with Marcus, so unfortunately I have to wait 12 months to before I can apply with them again. But that's what I may end up having to do. I just did't want to wait that long for what I was planning. lol

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I already have a loan with Marcus, so unfortunately I have to wait 12 months to before I can apply with them again. But that's what I may end up having to do. I just did't want to wait that long for what I was planning. lol

That’s good for me to know. Thanks. 

I haven’t even made 1 payment yet, but so far I’m impressed.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here, I can't believe how smooth and easy the process was! All I did was provide some info upload POI, and the next day Money was in my account. It was all too easy

My only gripe, is that paying more than the minimum goes towards next months payment instead of Principle. So needless to say there is never payment due on the due date anymore, hence no auto payment. Thus I have to log in and pay manually now, or just let it catch up. The first two months went by smoothly, right after auto payment posted. I would pay an extra payment, but at some point it got messed up. 

Other than that, I really like them.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Same here, I can't believe how smooth and easy the process was! All I did was provide some info upload POI, and the next day Money was in my account. It was all too easy

My only gripe, is that paying more than the minimum goes towards next months payment instead of Principle. So needless to say there is never payment due on the due date anymore, hence no auto payment. Thus I have to log in and pay manually now, or just let it catch up. The first two months went by smoothly, right after auto payment posted. I would pay an extra payment, but at some point it got messed up. 

Other than that, I really like them.

No way to request principal only? Again, good to know. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.