cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does age matter for deposit accounts?

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Does age matter for deposit accounts?

Just to Add, if it is any value?, ...I got denied My first ever bank (well CU) BECU.

Only Reason, I have opened a few CU accounts, not chasing SUB's or Churning.

Just because I wanted to have a few, ONLY denial reason per BECU rep on the phone was,

One to many ChexSystems Inquiries. Told me to re-apply in 90 days.. and I would be fine.

I have no closed Bank or CU accounts in over 20 years. No Negative info, as Rep was reading the report.

I still ordered a copy of Chex report as I have done with Lexis Nexis, Sagestream and a few others.

I only froze and opted out of Lexis Nexis due to info from when I was very young. It was as thick as a

phone book, and had every place I had ever lived and way to much other info.

In the wrong hands, probably a Disaster. Nothing Negative ..just did not want to have My life story being shared,

or worse, get in the wrong hands. Sorry for the rant ... just my $0.02 worth.

Message 11 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

^ "Missed it by that much!"
Message 12 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
^ "Missed it by that much!"

@AllZero  ..sure didSmiley Sad .. No HP to join either... just gotta wait about 10 more week's.

Message 13 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

^ That's one good thing about BECU, no hard pull. Did you do the USPS mail application?

YEMV Once you're in, it should be smooth sailing err..flying (Boeing and all).
Message 14 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
^ That's one good thing about BECU, no hard pull. Did you do the USPS mail application?

YEMV Once you're in, it should be smooth sailing err..flying (Boeing and all).

@AllZero, Yes I did the USPS snail mail, after I used Adobe Acrobat reader to type in all the info.

BECU's system locked up, and I could not submit it electronically,   ..So I sent US mail.

I did not here anything, So I called. That's when The Rep laid it all out.

Message 15 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Apology to for this off topic banter. Hopefully, he'll enjoy some data points. He's one of the CU kings.

I'm not sure what's BECU's threshold is. At time of membership approval, maybe 1 recent account that was viewable in 3 months. Total was 3/3 (3 accounts in 3 months) which includes BECU. All opened within short time frame of each other. BECU being the last approval.

CSR must be a double agent for KAOS.

Message 16 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Sorry @SouthJamaica for the off topic discussion.

Message 17 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

NP. I was denied by BECU for a savings account, because of that very reason -- too many Chexsystems inquiries. And my Chexsystems score was 837.

I have also been denied by Hughes, Garden, & First Tech for that same reason.

Seems like a pretty dumb reason to me.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 18 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

NP. I was denied by BECU for a savings account, because of that very reason -- too many Chexsystems inquiries. And my Chexsystems score was 837.

I have also been denied by Hughes, Garden, & First Tech for that same reason.

Seems like a pretty dumb reason to me.

Thank for the reply, ya seems dumb in the bigger picture of things.

I guess they don't want us small potatoes to do what WF did in a very LARGE waySmiley Surprised

Message 19 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

yep CU/banks are clamping down big times times on DDA accounts and Chex's is / will be my nemesis for a long time to come.  I probably plan on keeping it froozen for a year been a few months now as was sick of getting denied for savings account for sole reason of really inquiries.  Silly CU's/Bank don't want money with them.  I can care less about bonuses from some of the accounts, I am after other things from these FI's.  Seems like Chex's grips over there instituations is just getting tighter meaning more are using it and more weight is put on inquiries with Chexs

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.