Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra $600 unemployment benefit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Extra $600 unemployment benefit

Has anyone who has filed unemployment received the extra $600?

I received my regular unemployment benefits of $275 but not the extra $600... Anyone might know when and how we might be receiving the extra $600??

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Extra $600 unemployment benefit

According to numerous sources via Google, it should be effective this week. 

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I received my regular unemployment benefits of $275 but not the extra $600... Anyone might know when and how we might be receiving the extra $600??

My brother is in the same boat as you. We live in Virginia and he filed for UI benefits online

last week. He got a call from the UI office stating that Congress still hasn't disbursed funds and it will

be about 2-3 weeks before UI state offices receive federal funds so the extra $600 can be added to

the weekly UI benefit payments.

The good news is that he'll get the extra $600 retroactively as back pay for each week

he collects UI payments. So if it takes 3 weeks, for example, he'll get that in a lump sum

in addition to his regular weekly UI payments (maximum $368 here in VA). But once UI state

offices receive their share of federal funding, that's when the extra $600 formally kicks in. 

Hope this helps. Hang in there. The money is just sitting there. It's simply a matter of

the Treasury Dept disbursing funds to the states.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! And Tennessee only gets max of $275 UI .... I don't understand why ours is so low...

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow! And Tennessee only gets max of $275 UI .... I don't understand why ours is so low...

I imagine it's because Tennessee has no state tax 

but states like Virginia do. So that's the tradeoff.

Message 5 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You think thats low? Try living in PR where we only get $190 maxSmiley Sad. About 9 years ago, the max was only $133 as i had that too. I filed Saturday snd i pray we get that $600 too. Good luck everyone, Blessings AJCSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 17
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You think thats low? Try living in PR where we only get $190 maxSmiley Sad. About 9 years ago, the max was only $133 as i had that too. I filed Saturday snd i pray we get that $600 too. Good luck everyone, Blessings AJCSmiley Happy

As I understand the bill, the extra $600 is supposed to also include all territories and not just the 50 states. 

Not sure how trust worthy this news source is, but says PR will receive a maximum of $790 a week (including the extra $600)..

https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/puerto-rico-secretary-of-labor-69276/ 

Hopefully the funds arrive quickly and intact AJC. Stay safe. 

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My brother is in the same boat as you. We live in Virginia and he filed for UI benefits online

last week. He got a call from the UI office stating that Congress still hasn't dispersed funds and it will

be about 2-3 weeks before UI state offices receive federal funds so the extra $600 can be added to

the weekly UI benefit payments.

The good news is that he'll get the extra $600 retroactively as back pay for each week

he collects UI payments. So if it takes 3 weeks, for example, he'll get that in a lump sum

in addition to his regular weekly UI payments (maximum $368 here in VA). But once UI state

offices receive their share of federal funding, that's when the extra $600 formally kicks in. 

Hope this helps. Hang in there. The money is just sitting there. It's simply a matter of

the Treasury Dept disbursing funds to the states.

Good to know,  I'm in VA too and  I was legally  allowed to file this past Tuesday(3/31).  I did my initial file and just did my weekly file just after 12am this morning and I havent heard anything yet.  I know our system is inundated, so i'm hoping to hear something soon.  I've at least gotten the approval for my weekly filings so far.

Message 8 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Stay CleanSmiley Wink

#AverageJoesPizzaParlor

Message 9 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@chiefone4u wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As I understand the bill, the extra $600 is supposed to also include all territories and not just the 50 states. 

Not sure how trust worthy this news source is, but says PR will receive a maximum of $790 a week (including the extra $600)..

https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/puerto-rico-secretary-of-labor-69276/ 

Hopefully the funds arrive quickly and intact AJC. Stay safe. 

Thank you @chiefone4u  very much appreciated. If i have it bad, people who werent working here have it worse. The stress of being locked up in house is starting to take its toll. Today i had to calm my sister who has her issues and her son who with his family issues and age is taking it out on the world. Me not working strains what help i can  give them but hopefully this money comes in soon. 

Lol, sorry sometimes i gotta get that off my chest and appreciate everyones concerns and patience Smiley Wink.

Stay safe and clean out there and hope your family is managing as well Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.