Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite CUs and why, please?

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Favorite CUs and why, please?

@M_Smart007 

Says they are. They stopped temporarily last week.

Looks like they're back on track @Caught750 

Message 31 of 50
Caught750
Valued Contributor

You about gave me a heart attack buddy lol

PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 32 of 50
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Caught750 

Neither seemed sensitive to Chex inqs IME.

@M_Smart007 

Ok cool, I didn't realize you were having issues applying for membership online?

I thought you already got your membership, before they stopped accepting them online last week?

@Gmood1  .. I applied, but because I had locked my files, they wanted about 10 forms of ID, including a copy of my Social Security card,

In which I have not had since I was a teenager .. no way to get a valid copy as offices are shut down,

So i was just going to let it go. I guess someone else got a  hold of the app. sitting in pending.

I did apply while they were still accepting. I will update the outcome of the app. .. when possible.

Message 33 of 50
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:
Redstone FCU 5.09% APY on savings up to $2,500

savings account similar to DCU???????

Well @AllZero and @Gmood1  , It looks like Redstone wants to play now!

Congratulations on your conditional membership!

Message 34 of 50
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Do we know if Redstone and DCU recycle HPs?  Will the membership HP be usable for lending products?

PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 35 of 50
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Caught750 wrote:

Do we know if Redstone and DCU recycle HPs?  Will the membership HP be usable for lending products?

@Caught750, I am not sure .. but I am going to try.

I spoke to Redstone just now .. about my Application, That dept. is closed, but will be open tomorrow.

Super Nice lady with Alabama accent said call back.

I can most definitely confirm 100% .. That they are NOT taking any new applications for membership at this time.

I asked if it was because they were swamped with news apps? "She said "Oh Sir, you have no idea"Smiley Very Happy

Message 36 of 50
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Caught750 wrote:

@Caught750, I am not sure .. but I am going to try.

I spoke to Redstone just now .. about my Application, That dept. is closed, but will be open tomorrow.

Super Nice lady with Alabama accent said call back.

I can most definitely confirm 100% .. That they are NOT taking any new applications for membership at this time.

I asked if it was because they were swamped with news apps? "She said "Oh Sir, you have no idea"Smiley Very Happy

Now, I wonder what that's all about??? 😈 

Guyatthebeach

Message 37 of 50
Green456
Established Contributor

@Caught750 wrote:

@Green456 wrote:

@Caught750 wrote:

I'm looking for everyone's favorite CUs and why they're your favorites.

Name

HP or SP Membership

What makes them special (Cards, Car loans, Banking)

Im already a member of Alliant, PenFed, and NFCU.  My BECU app is pending as well and I plan to join DCU.  

What good ones am I missing?  I'm in PA and I'm a first responder if those matter for membership.

I really like BECU for the following:

1). Decent no strings attached interest rate on first $500 in checking and savings accounts. I keep $1,000 in there and withdraw extra interest every month to my Ally bank account. 

2). Completely free overdraft from PLOC to checking. Again, if I am out of money, on my debit card, I can overdraft for completely free. Their PLOC is 10.00% APR so it's not bad.

3). No foregin transaction fee on their debit card. They offer foreign ATM refund up to $6.00. Again, it is nice to carry BECU debit card as a back up when traveling whether internationally or within United States just for that. 

4). And lastly few more little things. Great mobile support. So I can easilly access everything I need either from a mobile app or from iOS safari. Always great customer service. And lastly 1 buisness day money transfer. Which is huge for something like me who is not very patient. 

I keep thinking about opening DCU just for the 6% savings. But honestly I don't find that credit union worth using for anything else. 

I had PenFed. I was not happy with them.

I had LMCU. I closed them because of fees.

I had First Tech. They were decent but they didn't offer anything special

I had PSECU. I just closed them to trim down and again they didn't offer anything special.

I had SDFCU. I closed them right after opening account with them due to their lack of professionalism.

I had FKFCU. I closed them after 1.5 years because they didn't offer anyting special for me.

I had Alliant. I closed them after they handled my money in unprofessional way.

Thanks Green, I have PenFed but don't use them.

Im going to go with DCU because they actually have better auto rates than BECU and NFCU and the 6% is nice.

Im also considering Redstone for the APY.  PSECU also has some decent rates on loans.

I just got into BECU last week and am looking forward to working with them as I've heard so many fantastic things about them.

I heard a couple of comments here about DCU customer service being on the poor side. Are you concerned at all about that?

Message 38 of 50
Caught750
Valued Contributor

@Green456 wrote:

@Caught750 wrote:

@Green456 wrote:

@Caught750 wrote:

Name

HP or SP Membership

Im already a member of Alliant, PenFed, and NFCU.  My BECU app is pending as well and I plan to join DCU.  

What good ones am I missing?  I'm in PA and I'm a first responder if those matter for membership.

1). Decent no strings attached interest rate on first $500 in checking and savings accounts. I keep $1,000 in there and withdraw extra interest every month to my Ally bank account. 

2). Completely free overdraft from PLOC to checking. Again, if I am out of money, on my debit card, I can overdraft for completely free. Their PLOC is 10.00% APR so it's not bad.

3). No foregin transaction fee on their debit card. They offer foreign ATM refund up to $6.00. Again, it is nice to carry BECU debit card as a back up when traveling whether internationally or within United States just for that. 

4). And lastly few more little things. Great mobile support. So I can easilly access everything I need either from a mobile app or from iOS safari. Always great customer service. And lastly 1 buisness day money transfer. Which is huge for something like me who is not very patient. 

I keep thinking about opening DCU just for the 6% savings. But honestly I don't find that credit union worth using for anything else. 

I had PSECU. I just closed them to trim down and again they didn't offer anything special.

I had SDFCU. I closed them right after opening account with them due to their lack of professionalism.

I had FKFCU. I closed them after 1.5 years because they didn't offer anyting special for me.

Im going to go with DCU because they actually have better auto rates than BECU and NFCU and the 6% is nice.

Im also considering Redstone for the APY.  PSECU also has some decent rates on loans.

I just got into BECU last week and am looking forward to working with them as I've heard so many fantastic things about them.

I heard a couple of comments here about DCU customer service being on the poor side. Are you concerned at all about that?

I am, in fact I was looking at other options for what I intended to use them for but the next best choice would be Redstone who isn't accepting online membership apps currently.  I may try calling them and getting around it that way but I'm not sure.  AOD was suggested as was Langley.  I have some research and calls to make but it may a gamble with DCU anyway.  

BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 39 of 50
Green456
Established Contributor

@Caught750 wrote:

@Green456 wrote:

@Caught750 wrote:

@Green456 wrote:

@Caught750 wrote:

Name

HP or SP Membership

I am, in fact I was looking at other options for what I intended to use them for but the next best choice would be Redstone who isn't accepting online membership apps currently.  I may try calling them and getting around it that way but I'm not sure.  AOD was suggested as was Langley.  I have some research and calls to make but it may a gamble with DCU anyway.  

Redstone also just lowered their interest rate on savings from 5% to 2.5%. In terms of auto rates I think DCU gives one of the best rates. Personally I am thinking about joining DCU just for the 6.17% interest rate. That comes out $5.00 per month of extra rewards. Of course I am at 42% tax bracket and we are at 2% inflation, which means the actual amount is $2.00. 

Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.