Did you mean: 

Finally got in with DCU!

tag
stellar
Established Contributor

Re: Finally got in with DCU!

@Anonymous wrote:

;-)

I know it has got to feel great to get in with them.  I have been considering them as well, and several people here have mentioned good things about them too.  So way to go with getting in! ;-)

I have decided to garden for a while, and am trying to deal with an issue with BofA with a Visa card-  I don't want to pay the annual fee and want an increase in credit limit.  That's another story though... lol....

Have you been able to logon to DCU's website yet?  And if so, are you happy with their website account interface?  And did you go for any credit lines as well?

I'm just waiting for my membership number in the mail.  So I haven't been able to login to the website yet.  I didn't apply for any credit lines either.  I read somewhere on here that their website is similar to NASA's, which is not great, pretty basic and ugly.

Message 11 of 29
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@stellar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

;-)

I know it has got to feel great to get in with them.  I have been considering them as well, and several people here have mentioned good things about them too.  So way to go with getting in! ;-)

I have decided to garden for a while, and am trying to deal with an issue with BofA with a Visa card-  I don't want to pay the annual fee and want an increase in credit limit.  That's another story though... lol....

Have you been able to logon to DCU's website yet?  And if so, are you happy with their website account interface?  And did you go for any credit lines as well?

I'm just waiting for my membership number in the mail.  So I haven't been able to login to the website yet.  I didn't apply for any credit lines either.  I read somewhere on here that their website is similar to NASA's, which is not great, pretty basic and ugly.

Double check the site to see what you need to have to get the free FICO score.  They are one of the few places that provide your EQ Mortgage score.  They also have incredibly low rates on CC and they provide a decent return on your savings

@stellar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

;-)

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

The free credit score sound interesting.  I wish though that the lenders and other financial instutiions would provide free FICO scores for whatever they use to either allow you to open an account, or an line of credit.  I wish that all would do that for us for free monthly.  Yes I know... that's just wishful thinking of my part... hehe... *But still* ;-)

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apologize but what is DCU?! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU = Digital Credit Union

A lot of folks give them very high praises- especially with their low automotive loan interest rates.

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

You're more welcome Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU holds a piece of my heart, it was the best thing I did for me honestly.

I have a checking, savings, visa, personal and auto loan with them.

Right now they have 0 APR balance transfer until Jul 2016,

I was able to shave off 2 years off my car after refinancing and keeping the payments the same.

Plus I got my sister and my roommate to join too!

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

DCU holds a piece of my heart, it was the best thing I did for me honestly.

I have a checking, savings, visa, personal and auto loan with them.

Right now they have 0 APR balance transfer until Jul 2016,

I was able to shave off 2 years off my car after refinancing and keeping the payments the same.

Plus I got my sister and my roommate to join too!

I'm certainly signing up with them when I come out of the garden. They seem like a great credit union of which be a part Smiley Wink

When I do, for sure I'm going for both the account well as a credit line. I'm OK with my car payments because I have 0 percent already. So until I purchase another car, I'm good from perspective. 

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Belated congrats OP! I'm very happy with DCU. 

@stellar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

;-)

It's worlds apart from Nasa. I belong to both. Nasa looks like it was programmed in 2000, never changed. Their iphone app from 2007, never changed. 

DCU's phone app in particular, I like. The website is a little busy, but not bad. And definitely not anywhere near Nasa's. 

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.