Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally had enough

tag
DU556
Regular Contributor

Re: Finally had enough

Too bad she won't do online banking. I love discover and the fact i can call at any time and they'll answer in the US. No fees or anything.
Two negatives that i have learned to live with but might be a huge turn off for some peeps:
there's been rare cases where some stores didn't accept my discover debit because the don't accept discover credit cards. In almost all other stores {99%}my debit card works even though they say discover isn't accepted.

Another negative has been depositing cash. I still have my local credit union account open so i deposit cash in their ATM and then transfer it online from my discover account. If you need instant access to this money online, it could be 1- 4 days before it's fully transferred.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@macinjosh wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wells Fargo I would not touch with a ten foot pole.   As a vendor  I was continuealy misled. I fired them as a client. This does not even take into account all the client stories.    The first Mrs Backwoods was a District President over 10 to 20 branches of another one of the big banks. I know how they work. Scores get loans and big deposits/big loans get friendships.  I would not  bank with them because of the the first  Mrs Backwoods .  Many of the small and medium sized banks  are simply gone.   I have an account with $100 in with a bank next door to the office.  I have posted stories about them. They require a 750 fico for online banking. I think 800 score wil get you a secured deposit loan.  Great place to cash a check or atm with no fee. My regular accounts are with Navy Federal love 24 X 7 real people and a medium sized bank with the closest local branch about 100 miles away but they have a strong on line platform for personal and business and they have telephone service with real people  Monday to Saturday 7 AM to 7 PM.   I would move everything to Navy if they were closer.

I would join Navy, but I really think it would require me to communicate with my family, and to call my grandpa up and ask him for his DD214 15 years after he cut me off just so I could get an account at Navy would make him think I’m a selfish ******* who just called to see what I could benefit from him.

Navy Federal  has never asked me for DD2214. They asked for name, rank, date of service, branch of service, where stationed.       Very easy. 

Message 12 of 15
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Navy Federal  has never asked me for DD2214. They asked for name, rank, date of service, branch of service, where stationed.       Very easy. 

The one's highlighted in red I don't have.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just joined NFCU earlier this week. They didn’t ask me anything other than branch. They told me they may want a DD214 in the future (they also mentioned it’s rare for them to ask) and told me I could request it through archives.gov.

While requesting the one for my grandfather I found that after the service member has been discharged or deceased for 62 years (February 1957 for us right now) these records become archived and made public record. So if he left the military shorty after WW2 you could request them without his permission or ever having to speak with him. You might need to talk to someone who could give you more of his pedigree info for the request form.

Edit: i was also able to sign up for a free trial on ancestry.com and find some more of his info that I didn’t know. Like where he enlisted, enlistment date, and his job while serving. Took me about 30 minutes and the free trial is 14 days.
Message 14 of 15
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just joined NFCU earlier this week. They didn’t ask me anything other than branch. They told me they may want a DD214 in the future (they also mentioned it’s rare for them to ask) and told me I could request it through archives.gov.

While requesting the one for my grandfather I found that after the service member has been discharged or deceased for 62 years (February 1957 for us right now) these records become archived and made public record. So if he left the military shorty after WW2 you could request them without his permission or ever having to speak with him. You might need to talk to someone who could give you more of his pedigree info for the request form.

Edit: i was also able to sign up for a free trial on ancestry.com and find some more of his info that I didn’t know. Like where he enlisted, enlistment date, and his job while serving. Took me about 30 minutes and the free trial is 14 days.

Thanks. My grandpa served in the Army, fought in Korea, I have no idea when he was discharged. And when I had the free trial to Ancestry, there was no information I could find on his military service record.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.