cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally paid off my credit card debt!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Finally paid off my credit card debt!

I amassed a decent amount of credit card debt during the transition of graduating college, moving across the country, and starting a new job. I ended up with around $4,000 of debt on 0% APR cards. I had been making regular payments to make sure I would have it paid off before the 0% ended. Luckily, this tax season was fairly fruitful and I was able to pay off all but $500. Then my fiance started having wisdom teeth issues and had to pay $1,000 out of pocket for the extraction procedure so that bumped us back up to ~$1,500. With proper budgeting over the past few months I was able to get it back down to ~$400. Needless to say I just sent in a payment for the rest of the balance and no longer have any credit card debt! Now I just need to focus on paying off our car loan and continue chipping away at the student loans.

Total CL: $40,300

Enthusiast

Goal: 0 Inquiries for a year
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Finally paid off my credit card debt!

Congratulations on paying off your debt!
FICO 8 Scores 4/1/2018: 694 EX 714 EQ 740 TU FICO 8 Scores 6/16/2019 770 EX 798 EQ 791 TU

Wells Fargo Cash Wise $20,000 [] PenFed Power Cash $20,000 [] HSBC Cash Rewards $3,750 [] Discover It $5,100 [] Maurice’s $5,000 [] CO Savor $15,000 [] NFCU Flagship $18,000 [] Amex Rose Gold [] Walmart $800 [] Kohl’s $1000 [] Amazon Store Card $300 [] American Express Cash Magnet $1000 [] USAA Cashback Rewards Plus American Express Card $4500 []
Message 2 of 13
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Keep the same focus and momentum going!
Message 3 of 13
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Congratulations! Well done! 

Daily Drivers: Penfed Platinum Rewards; NFCU GoRewards; Discover..
Message 4 of 13
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

F8 EQ: 805 | EX: 800 | TU: 795 | Accounts: 0/6 2/12 9/24
Happy practitioner of AZE5or6or7or8
Message 5 of 13
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

Congrats!! "FREE AT LAST"

Message 6 of 13
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 13
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Way to go on paying off that debt!

UNpopular opinions have served me well and will offer that which has worked for me.
Message 8 of 13

Congrats! 

07/03/2020. Had a dream I couldn't complete Resident Evil 7 speedrun, so I got up and finished it under 3 hrs. Now that's what I call adulting!
Message 9 of 13
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Congrats!  I know what you mean, my 24k limit was maxed out only aobut 7  months ago and managed  to get it down to zero and a 6k increase!  It's such a good feeling to be credit card debt free!  Keep it up! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.