Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot Which Credit Union.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot Which Credit Union.....

A few months ago, I had visited a CU website, and during the MEMBERSHIP Application it said "We have also pre-approved you for an Auto Loan, do you want it, too?"... I guess they do a SP during Membership and know what other products they'll offer you on the spot.

I cannot remember which CU it was!!!

It was a well known one. I think I got it from here!

Anyone?

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Forgot Which Credit Union.....

I would imagine it could be any number of CUs.  If you became a member, wouldn't you know which one it was?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I never went through with it. Because it only Pre-qualified me for auto... Which I now need. Lol Well ANY CU which pops up Pre-Qual offers DURING Joining (not AFTER joining) would work! 

Message 3 of 12
thornback
Senior Contributor

DCU is known to give pop-up pre-approvals during their membership app process -  DCU sound familiar?

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 4 of 12
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

A few months ago, I had visited a CU website, and during the MEMBERSHIP Application it said "We have also pre-approved you for an Auto Loan, do you want it, too?"... I guess they do a SP during Membership and know what other products they'll offer you on the spot.

I cannot remember which CU it was!!!

It was a well known one. I think I got it from here!

Anyone?

Maybe you can narrow this down a bit and list those CUs that you had applied for membership to in the last 6 months.....

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 12
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I cannot remember which CU it was!!!  It was a well known one. I think I got it from here!  Anyone?

That is a needle in a haystack, @Anonymous.  There are hundreds of credit unions out there! 

Here's a suggestion.  If you haven't cleared out your browser history lately, you might be able to found the website in the cached history. 

Some of the ones we mention a lot here include Navy Federal, PenFed, Alliant, Boeing Employee's (BECU), Vantage West, DCU, NASA, Langley, Andrews, Pennsylvania State Employees, State Employees (NC), Security ServiceUnited Nations, AOD, US Alliance, Unify Financial, and State Department just to name a few.

Here's a list of the 250 largest credit unions in the US by asset size.  Do any of them ring a bell? 

https://www.mx.com/moneysummit/biggest-us-credit-unions-by-asset-size

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thornback You know, it certainly could have been DCU. Cause I think that was one I was eyeing! Lol Thank you! Do you know any others that popup offers During joining? I think that's awesome... Saves you from joining a CU that won't give you what you are looking for! So you aren't a member unnecessarily. Lol

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aim_High Thanks for that info! I believe it was DCU. Curiously, do you have much experience with Pennsylvania State Employees or State Employees NC? They would be local to my secondary residence. Are they good?

Message 8 of 12
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@thornback You know, it certainly could have been DCU. Cause I think that was one I was eyeing! Lol Thank you! Do you know any others that popup offers During joining? I think that's awesome... Saves you from joining a CU that won't give you what you are looking for! So you aren't a member unnecessarily. Lol

haha... I honestly don't know of any others that prequal during the membership process -- tho I'm sure others probably exist.   I just knew about DCU from my own research on them while contemplating joining (which I finally did just a couple of weeks ago). 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 9 of 12
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aim_High Thanks for that info! I believe it was DCU. Curiously, do you have much experience with Pennsylvania State Employees or State Employees NC? They would be local to my secondary residence. Are they good?

I'm not directly familiar with either one, @Anonymous.  I mentioned them because they are both fairly large and I've seen some of our members who bank with them.  PSECU has one of a couple of dozen of the 2% cash-back cards, for example.   I believe the State Employees CU is pretty strictly geofenced, from when I looked into it.  If you want to know more about either one, I suggest you first go to the search bar and check the forum archives under "credit cards" or "credit card approvals".   If you don't find enough info, then start a thread asking for members feedback.  Unfortunately, many of our members don't have their cards in their signature so you can see who has which lender or cards.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.