Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funding a Discover Checking account with a Bank of America account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funding a Discover Checking account with a Bank of America account

I want to send money from my BOA to Discover checking. Beside the Transfer section in discover bank. Is there a way to do it through BOA? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Funding a Discover Checking account with a Bank of America account

Add Discover as an external account and push the funds from BoA?

Or Zelle?

Message 2 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

"Transfers to Other Banks" page.

https://secure.bankofamerica.com/myaccounts/accounts-transfer/interbankTransfersSA.go#OnlineBankingf...

There is no fee, but you are limited to a maximum of $9,999,999.99 per transfer.  (Transfers from investment accounts are limited to $100,000.00 per 24 hours and $250,000.00 per week.)

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know the fee for such a transfer?

Message 4 of 9
gregorius
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Or Zelle?

They've (edit: Discover) advertised Zelle support for a while, but new accounts haven't been able to enroll since at least March 2020.

Since the debit card isn't Visa/MC, you can't even hook it up using the Zelle app.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gregorius wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Or Zelle?

They've advertised Zelle support for a while, but new accounts haven't been able to enroll since at least March 2020.

Since the debit card isn't Visa/MC, you can't even hook it up using the Zelle app.

I didn't realize Zelle doesn't accept Discover. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I tryed a transfert within Discover bank, from there I can transfer money from BOA to discover. While it took a couple of days to process, there was no fee on both side. So it's nice. I wonder if Zelle is fester, but it does not sho up in my Discover account. But I am pleased with the discover transfer option.

Message 7 of 9
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I tryed a transfert within Discover bank, from there I can transfer money from BOA to discover. While it took a couple of days to process, there was no fee on both side. So it's nice. I wonder if Zelle is fester, but it does not sho up in my Discover account. But I am pleased with the discover transfer option.

Most Banks/CU's have the ability to add external accounts.

Most have no fee for transfers.

All have different daily, monthly and max transfer amounts.

Pushing from one to another is often faster than requesting money being pulled.

If this is going to be a regular event, set up BoA and push the money.

Most of my institutions push every evening and it is at the receiving bank/cu the next day (YMMV).

Pulling money between institutions has a one or two day time warp. (Average 3 day)

Push when possible   Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 9
ccquest
Established Contributor

I'd say pull from Discover, BoA has a $3 transfer fee. Do it during the week to make it as fast as possible because it seems it's mostly just processed on business days.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.