Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - April 2021

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - April 2021

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Happy April, everyone.  It was a nice run while it lasted, but I decided to make some changes.  Unfortunately, my spade had to go.

We love you anyway!

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 91 of 1,800
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Howdy, howdy boys and girls!

Work was stupid, and I am tired.  I'm over 40 hours with two days to go.

While no one has gotten fired this week (...yet.  That I'm aware of...)  another man told me that he's leaving...

That'd be four guys gone in four weeks.  The proverbial sky is falling.  Smiley Indifferent

No credit news.  Ever.

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 92 of 1,800
Remedios
Credit Mentor

So, class warfare jokes are still a thing.

To those who said people never learn, you nailed it (unfortunately). 

Message 93 of 1,800
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Sandman771 wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@Sandman771 wrote:

Update just now TU reported that $1100 decrease in credit card balance and dropped my score by one point. Uggh 

just wait until the 15th when I drop about $1500 on the other card.  I might dip to below 500.  But I paid two collections and about to pay a third so with time it should be fine. It's just disheartening to see big steps return negative returns 

Are the paid collections a pay for delete? 

One is and one isn't. Just having them paid gets a bump.  I'll let them fall off or maybe GW a deletion attempt later.  I just want all my bad ones to be paid and in the rear view and UTI down where it belongs so any credit attempt I can try to recon a bad decision. 
also what's up with NFCU? I have my first card stuck at $2k   I tried a CLI 90 days/3 statements of $500. They said no soup for you. I said screw yall.  So I did what any rational person would do and applied for a second card they gave me $5100. ?????

since then that card got a CLI and the original one was turned down three times 

NFCU is hard to figure out sometimes. 🤷 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 94 of 1,800
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kilroy8 wrote:

@calyx wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Yep.  Did the math and all that money I was spending on annual fees would add up to a lot more nights at Ramada and LaQuinta.  Plus two cards is going to make AZEO a lot easier.

Congrats!, ..I heard "Ramada" is top tierSmiley Happy

True story - for a family wedding in BFE Louisiana, they secured a scary looking La Quinta for room bookings.
I thought I'd live large at the Ramada instead.

I'm still not sure if I made the right choice, though the roaches didn't seem to mind a roommate.

(there were no other hotel choices, because even 23 y.o. poor lab-tech me would've found a way to spring for a nicer place if it were possible).

I have stayed in La Quintas lots of times. I didn't see anything wrong with them.

🤷‍♂️

Same. Maybe I'm just desensitized after spending some time living in a cheap motel when I was a kid and mom lost her apartment but I have stayed at a LaQuinta a number of times and would happily do it again. 

Message 95 of 1,800
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@kilroy8 wrote:

@calyx wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Yep.  Did the math and all that money I was spending on annual fees would add up to a lot more nights at Ramada and LaQuinta.  Plus two cards is going to make AZEO a lot easier.

Congrats!, ..I heard "Ramada" is top tierSmiley Happy

True story - for a family wedding in BFE Louisiana, they secured a scary looking La Quinta for room bookings.
I thought I'd live large at the Ramada instead.

I'm still not sure if I made the right choice, though the roaches didn't seem to mind a roommate.

(there were no other hotel choices, because even 23 y.o. poor lab-tech me would've found a way to spring for a nicer place if it were possible).

I have stayed in La Quintas lots of times. I didn't see anything wrong with them.

🤷‍♂️

I actually was a Wyndham elite (and Accor which is more common in the EU) prior to jumping ship to Marriott and Starwood 4 years ago.  I have had many perfectly fine stays at Super 8 and other Wyndham brands in my life.

Message 96 of 1,800
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

I am still here. I am working on paying off this Navy Fed card once and for all. Got a little over 11k left. 

In other news, Macy's hates me and won't give me a monthly increase. Oh well. I have applied for and got the pre-approval for a mortgage so back to seedling I go. I am excited about buying a new home (new construction)

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 97 of 1,800
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

That is the absolute best way to leave the garden, and no one is going to worry about you talking about one of those apps.  (We've not had any issues with a serial mortgage applicant... yet.  LOL)  Congratulations and welcome back!

Message 98 of 1,800
IncrsCreditScore
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Omg finally! I have 800+ on all three now! I was checking to see if I had any offers from DCU or Service (spoiler: I don't) and then I went to check Langley and EQ finally gained the 4 points it needed for 800!

4471A065-E5DF-4DCD-B975-B2FD24433235.png

Woot!!!

Message 99 of 1,800
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@tcbofade wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Happy April, everyone.  It was a nice run while it lasted, but I decided to make some changes.  Unfortunately, my spade had to go.

We love you anyway!

Who are these "WEs"? 

Message 100 of 1,800
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.