tag
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - August 2019

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Happy August birthday month! Gonna be 22! 😁

That silver hair is not bc of age...its a new hair dye called LYFE. It looks really real. 

Yep 22! 

Hey @Anonymous, great to see you as always!  wavey_zps81xnuobx.gif

This is my birthday month as well... we won't discuss years, but best I can remember it's around 25 or so.  whistle.gif

Oh, I think we must use the same stylist, since I'm also sporting that "LYFE" hair shade you mention! Smiley Wink

It is mine, too. And DD#3. Both 19.

Message 41 of 5,917
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Hello everyone, and welcome to August!

Today is my wife's birthday, so it's all about her. Smiley Wink

Checking in for the month, and with a bronze spade. Yes, folks, it's been a month since I last applied for a card. You can call Ripley's Believe It or Not if you want. Smiley Tongue

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 42 of 5,917
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, it's August the Oneth.

I redacted in June (refi) and July (new card), now in August I'm really, really, really honest and for true, in the garden now.  Hopefully I'll reach that elusive diamond spade this time.  One small step at a time.  Today, a seedling.  August the Oneth, Two Thousand Twenty One, a diamond.  Then, maybe, just maybe, a CSP.  Have 2 years to make that decision, and will probably change my mind 731 times (yes, I accounted for 2020 being a leap year in that figure).

And also, putting the (painful) past behind me, and looking ahead to a hopefully brighter future!  At least, I'll have 15 months of 0% APR in that future, and 3% cash back on everything for 12.

And on that note, I go *poof* for a while.  Shower and then work...

Message 43 of 5,917
SarahJo
Established Contributor

August here you be, month number 7 for me!  Stillllllll nothing for CLI's, blah.  Hello to all and good gardening!!!

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 44 of 5,917
Anonymous
Not applicable

here i am.. august already ugh!
but thank goodness its actually been "summer" for more than 2 1/2 days here in the northeast! yay!

9 years this month ive kept 100lbs off

and countdown to new job begins! yay!

have a great day all
Message 45 of 5,917
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Commute into work was clean. Song upon walking in the door at work: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzd_hnE344E

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 46 of 5,917
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Hi everyone, happy August!  Still here, still waiting for my credit world to change.  This is definitely a marathon!

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 47 of 5,917
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
here i am.. august already ugh!
but thank goodness its actually been "summer" for more than 2 1/2 days here in the northeast! yay!

9 years this month ive kept 100lbs off

and countdown to new job begins! yay!

have a great day all

Congrats all around Sasha but especially in your ability to keep that weight off for 9 years.  

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 48 of 5,917
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Simple non-AMEX math problem is making the rounds.   The answer you get depends on how you were taught to do math (specifically which rules of precedence you use) so there is no absolute correct answer. 

"8 ÷ 2(2+2)."

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 49 of 5,917
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion wrote:

Simple non-AMEX math problem is making the rounds.   The answer you get depends on how you were taught to do math (specifically which rules of precedence you use) so there is no absolute correct answer. 

"8 ÷ 2(2+2)."

Answer could be 1 or 16 depending on whether you consider implied multiplication to be a higher precedence than the division or not.

On my Sharp calculator, which lets you enter formulas like this, if I enter it exactly as above, I get 1, since it does the implied multiplication before the division.  If I add the "times symbol" so it reads 8 ÷ 2 x (2+2) I get 16, since it then does the division first, then the multiplication (left to right).

Message 50 of 5,917
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.