Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - August 2019

tag
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - August 2019

Happy August, Gardeners!

In Gardening progress news: still gardening.  Waiting for a few things to report (like my AMEX CLI) and shake out before checking scores.  As of today, I may be eligible for graduation on my USBank secured card (it's been a year!  and I know my scores are well above their minimums).

In Credit news:  made four quarts of *delicious* salsa, watered the credit, harvested MOAR zucchini (every day can be "National Sneak Some Zucchini onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day").   All of my chores are completed at home, so I can (mostly) relax for the next two days before partner's friends come over (and OMG, they'll be at the house by 8?  Why would anyone wake up that early on a day off willingly?!)

And in reading the end of July and beginning of August:

Hello!  to all of the checkers-inners and new peeps!

@sasha123 - congrats on your milestone on keeping your weight off and your new job!

@tacoface - congrats on the gold!

@adkins - Hello!  I hope everything is going well for you and the dental thing works out

@divorcedandbroke - Now that things are finalized, I wish you peace and resolution.  Divorce always sucks (even when it's somewhat amicable) and as you get closure and relief, I hope that things continue to improve for you.

@coldfusion - I hope you are improving and NaughtyGirl is being a good nurse

@Remedios - sorry your day sucked, I hope the sheeken wasn't too bad 

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 51 of 5,917
Trudy
Valued Contributor

First time visiting this club now that I've reached a year.  Thought I'd get a score boost but it doesn't really matter as I'm happy to reach one year anyway.  Gardening prior to my rebuild was never a problem, but it has been lately Smiley Indifferent

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 52 of 5,917
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

Simple non-AMEX math problem is making the rounds.   The answer you get depends on how you were taught to do math (specifically which rules of precedence you use) so there is no absolute correct answer. 

"8 ÷ 2(2+2)."

Answer could be 1 or 16 depending on whether you consider implied multiplication to be a higher precedence than the division or not.

On my Sharp calculator, which lets you enter formulas like this, if I enter it exactly as above, I get 1, since it does the implied multiplication before the division.  If I add the "times symbol" so it reads 8 ÷ 2 x (2+2) I get 16, since it then does the division first, then the multiplication (left to right).

Those are the 2 different answers.   Someone like me who was taught to prioritize the content within parenthesis will get an answer of 1.  If not, and you follow the operations going from left to right, the answer is 16. 

Both methods are considered mathematically valid, so given the current ambiguity of the rules both answers are considered correct. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 53 of 5,917
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Trudy wrote:

First time visiting this club now that I've reached a year.  Thought I'd get a score boost but it doesn't really matter as I'm happy to reach one year anyway.  Gardening prior to my rebuild was never a problem, but it has been lately Smiley Indifferent

Depending on how the bureau treats "months" and "years" you might not see a score boost for a few more weeks, or the start of the next month.  That said, your scores are great anyway.  The only thing holding them down is the 30 day late if your sig is accurate, and that won't change until it drops.

My scores went from high 700s to their present scores after a little over a year of gardening for me.  Unfortunately recent events (a mortgage refi I had to do because of divorce) forced me out in June, and my scores only dropped a little due to the inquiries, but nothing account wise has reported yet.  Once they do, my scores are going to look like a slot machine after pulling the lever for a while.. with 2 accounts closing, 2 new ones reporting, etc.  I look forward to watching them slowly creep back up again as I garden.

Message 54 of 5,917
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Too early for math yo

(The answer should be 1 but what do I know I still haven't had caffeine yet because I'm waiting at the doctor's office for my appointment 🤷‍♂️ Starbucks trip after this)

Message 55 of 5,917
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

Too early for math yo

(The answer should be 1 but what do I know I still haven't had caffeine yet because I'm waiting at the doctor's office for my appointment 🤷‍♂️ Starbucks trip after this)

I"ve been up since 1:30 Smiley Mad and am working on my 5th mug of coffee since 5:30.  Even accounting for east coast time my internal clock is a bit off today Smiley LOL

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 56 of 5,917
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Too early for math yo

I"ve been up since 1:30 Smiley Mad and am working on my 5th mug of coffee since 5:30.  Even accounting for east coast time my internal clock is a bit off today Smiley LOL

I'll make sure to order one for you as well when I get out if here. Can never have enough cups 😂☕

Message 57 of 5,917
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Too early for math yo

I'll make sure to order one for you as well when I get out if here. Can never have enough cups 😂☕

extra-large please Smiley LOL

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 58 of 5,917
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Too early for math yo

extra-large please Smiley LOL

You got it!

(And yes I had a 830 appt and I'm still waiting here 😒)

Message 59 of 5,917
Anonymous
Not applicable

Join in with Happy August and enjoy the sun filled days and the warmth provided to us on old mother "Earth" Smiley Happy

For those returning to school, August is always a busy month preparing for school, sports and the move out in the event a Post Secondary School is in sight.

Makes me kind of nervous leaving home and excited all at once! Oh, those were the days? Smiley Happy

Message 60 of 5,917
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.