@kilroy8 wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

People lie on the interwebz???

Everything I tell you is a lie. 

If everything you tell me is a lie, then above statement is true, creating a logical conundrum 

Been listening to Slim Whitman? Smiley LOL

Finally some validation. Someone in the world knows who Slim Whitman is besides me.

I remember the TV commercials hawking his records long before Mars Attacks Smiley Frustrated

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2421 of 5,917
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Garden Club - August 2019

Lunch   ..Mexican Food it was!

Orange mandarin soda      ..No root beer AKA vodka while on duty!

Message 2422 of 5,917
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Howdy, howdy boys and girls.  I survived Monday.

Chase sent DW an interesting letter... they've reduced the APR on her Freedom card, which is nice, but meaningless as we're not paying interest right now anyway...but they also offered her an "upgrade" to the Freedom Unlimited.  No inquiry, no new account... just 1.5% back on every purchase.

Honestly, dont know that it would do us any good.

I feel you.  Amex sent me an email today letting the interest on my BCP to 1.99%.  But I PIF.  Clearly I'm not buying enough groceries.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 2423 of 5,917
bluntco
Valued Contributor

BF had leftover ribs on the grill
And he made me a grilled cheese, my fave .It's almost like a diamond ring.

DD is having a bad day. Everyone hates her, she hates everyone. Just leave me alone. Im not coming back. I don't need your help
2 hours later. I love you mommy
🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Message 2424 of 5,917
Anonymous
Not applicable

@expatCanuck wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

@expatCanuck wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

Hello everyone,

Here's the latest on the job situation. I've been told to stand by since they need to hire someone first and that will take a while. After that, I will be given a final date of when I am out. I've advised the management that I will not consider any severance package until I have met with an attorney and been advised of all of my options.

@bizarrocreditworld   How insane. We are firing you but not sure when and then you probably will stay to train them?      I hope in the meantime your find a good labor attorney

If they want @bizarrocreditworld to train his replacement, it's rather hard to justify the firing for any reason other than cost-saving.

Which, unfortunately, is not illegal. 

Everyone feels hurt in situations like this, as it is a very personal thing. Sad truth is that most lawyers won't even talk to you, as the odds of prevailing in any meaningful way are tiny.

Companies can show you the door if want, and if you are not in a protected class who can demonstrate that being in that class is the sole reason you were dismissed - you don't have a leg to stand on.

No dispute.  And employees are equally free to leave (non-competes notwithstanding). From (at least) an employment perspective, this is very much a 'sink or swim' society.

I was moonlighting parttime when DW got sick we were using their insurance. They fired me for submitting the largest health insurance claim they ever saw $1,000,000   The store manager said "we don't your high health costs here you are fired"   I did get to collect unemployment off  them. I stuck with with even  more insurance claims through cobra for another $50,000 or so.      The unemployment office thought the deal was not fair and had me go to to DA office as I had been ou on FMLA  when this went down.   The DA office had the store manager and the assistant manager brought in for questioning. The store made the front page of the local paper " XXX Store is being investigated for actions relating to firing people to avoid paying health insurance claims   Store manger x and Assistant Manger Y brought in for questioing by local DA"   It was quite interesting.  The DA finally decided it was unethical  but not illeagle.' 

Message 2425 of 5,917
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

1. @Remedios wrote:

Dinner Smiley LOL

In other news, I need kids that eat less

Screenshot_20190812-103538_Samsung Internet.jpg

That would cover a 🍣 dinner for Mrs. E and I.

[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
Message 2426 of 5,917
bluntco
Valued Contributor

Mr Taco... can you draw me a map from Tampa to Denver , with myfico food stops.
Please and thank you
Message 2427 of 5,917
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Hi UncleB,

Hope you are having a good morning!

We could really use a poll now!, The poll should be, We need a Seperate thread for Approvals "Other than Apple"Smiley Tonguehttps://i.pinimg.com/736x/f2/a0/e1/f2a0e103da0e8b8b244cfc2a52b9e0ca.jpg

UncleB with no Answer  [WORDS] take it as: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAEppFUWLfc

Message 2428 of 5,917
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Nightcap is Old Forester 1920. Rainy day made me feel like a little bit of bourbon.

Alcohol on a Monday will pretty much always get a kudo from me Smiley LOL

I must've been getting kudos much of last night -- open mic Monday.

[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
Message 2429 of 5,917
bluntco
Valued Contributor

I just got an invite for the ipood card. I am not an ifruit cult member. I will not drink the kool aid.
Message 2430 of 5,917
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.