Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - August 2020

Good morning and Happy August GP!

Message 41 of 2,572
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Dragging ass, still.

I made a half hearted attempt to refinance my LA mortgage a little over a month ago, but didn't follow through, was so stupidly busy I just couldn't jump through more hoops.  Doing that for real or refinancing my auto loan will probably break whatever garden streak I have by that point, we'll see don't think I'm keeping that condo for more than another few years and I suspect if I pool enough money in my checking account after my credit card debt is near zero, and if the market is still floating, and I have enough extra to pay both mortgages at the first of next month... I probably just pay it off or down to the yuppie foodstamp level since USBank allows me to play reindeer games.

Financially everything fine, still more billable hours than I can conceivably work and this coming month is going to be exceptionally busy.  Going to go back to sleep if I can and then start working to try to get out in front of some of it, ah well, see y'all next month and hopefully you all have a more coherent credit plan than I do at this point Smiley Happy.

        
Message 42 of 2,572
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 43 of 2,572
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Well, I got daring and asked Disco for a CLI on my smaller limit card. They gave me $1k extra. 😱😁

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 44 of 2,572
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Mv350 wrote:

Good morning and Happy August GP!

Morning @Mv350 wavey_zps81xnuobx.gif

Message 45 of 2,572
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@macinjosh wrote:

Well, I got daring and asked Disco for a CLI on my smaller limit card. They gave me $1k extra. 😱😁

Congrats! ..Smiley Happy

Message 46 of 2,572
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@macinjosh wrote:

Congrats! ..Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 47 of 2,572
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

Dragging ass, still.

I made a half hearted attempt to refinance my LA mortgage but didn't follow through, was so stupidly busy I just couldn't jump through more hoops.  Doing that for real or refinancing my auto loan will probably break whatever garden streak I have by that point, we'll see don't think I'm keeping that condo for more than another few years and I suspect if I pool enough money in my checking account after my credit card debt is near zero, and if the market is still floating, and I have enough extra to pay both mortgages at the first of next month... I probably just pay it off or down to the yuppie foodstamp level since USBank allows me to play reindeer games.

Finacially everything fine, still more billable hours than I can conceivably work and this coming month is going to be exceptionally busy.  Going to go back to sleep if I can and then start working to try to get out in front of some of it, ah well, see y'all next month and hopefully you all have a more coherent credit plan than I do at this point Smiley Happy.

@Revelate   Ease your conscience and ditch the debt! If you are not going to return to Southern Cal then maybe it is worth considering the sale of the Condo. Remember my sister's place in Huntington Beach CA (by my standards nothing to write mother about - don't tell her I said that as she still lives there) and it easily is worth the million dollar round table (actually the Californnia Assessor types value it in the millions) oh and note she purchassed the homestead property for $175,000. Got'ta love traffic and the I-405 as your parking lot!

Yes! Sister had me stay with them several times over the years with the idea I might find a good job and stay. The traffic killed me! Settled for the quiet and live with the trees, rocks, lakes and northern lights. Raised in a major city so I knew what it was like and now can't get myself to move back (was going to sell the present homestead and resettle back to the big city as the family wanted me closer since I am the only living male on my sister's side of the family) but, the COVID-19 solved that question ... ain't gonna happen! Smiley Indifferent  Do some consulting work online and in person but limited for now. Smiley Happy

Message 48 of 2,572
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice surprise for August. I think one of my hard inquires expires later this month so that could explain the bump

1F1454DD-5EF9-433F-BF1A-882CA669E23E.jpeg

Nice 12 point bump!

Message 49 of 2,572
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Dragging ass, still.

I made a half hearted attempt to refinance my LA mortgage but didn't follow through, was so stupidly busy I just couldn't jump through more hoops.  Doing that for real or refinancing my auto loan will probably break whatever garden streak I have by that point, we'll see don't think I'm keeping that condo for more than another few years and I suspect if I pool enough money in my checking account after my credit card debt is near zero, and if the market is still floating, and I have enough extra to pay both mortgages at the first of next month... I probably just pay it off or down to the yuppie foodstamp level since USBank allows me to play reindeer games.

Finacially everything fine, still more billable hours than I can conceivably work and this coming month is going to be exceptionally busy.  Going to go back to sleep if I can and then start working to try to get out in front of some of it, ah well, see y'all next month and hopefully you all have a more coherent credit plan than I do at this point Smiley Happy.

@Revelate   Ease your conscience and ditch the debt! If you are not going to return to Southern Cal then maybe it is worth considering the sale of the Condo. Remember my sister's place in Huntington Beach CA (by my standards nothing to write mother about - don't tell her I said that as she still lives there) and it easily is worth the million dollar round table (actually the Californnia Assessor types value it in the millions) oh and note she purchassed the homestead property for $175,000. Got'ta love traffic and the I-405 as your parking lot!

Yes! Sister had me stay with them several times over the years with the idea I might find a good job and stay. The traffic killed me! Settled for the quiet and live with the trees, rocks, lakes and northern lights. Raised in a major city so I knew what it was like and now can't get myself to move back (was going to sell the present homestead and resettle back to the big city as the family wanted me closer since I am the only living male on my sister's side of the family) but, the COVID-19 solved that question ... ain't gonna happen! Smiley Indifferent  Do some consulting work online and in person but limited for now. Smiley Happy

A lot of truth to that @Anonymous but it just doesn't seem like a great idea to do right now.

It's right by the port of LA, which means affordable by LA standards and there are things going in all around it: luxury apartments across the street, mixed use development a block away just got the green light and plans are to put a grocery store on the first floor (if that winds up being a Whole Foods or similar, whee!) and I read that SpaceX apparently has stopped flirting and is moving into Wilmington... everything happening screams economic development and it's turning into a nice place objectively to be by most standards.  I just need to hang onto it for a few more years.

I think the biggest risk to that plan is how many local restaurants go under... I saw one was closing down (decent fish place right across the way) but some friends of a buddy own the Mediterranean joint around the corner and they were doing a brisk takeout business but admittedly they had a small seating area anyway.

It is hard to say with COVID but it just looks a little awkward right now with the world holding its breath financially.

        
Message 50 of 2,572
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.