Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - August 2020

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Garden Club - August 2020

Pretty sure she meant 4 legged because upper northwest and living near wildlife.

1 kudo = 1 prayer that the couger didn't get the ostrich.

Message 51 of 2,572
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@macinjosh wrote:

Well, I got daring and asked Disco for a CLI on my smaller limit card. They gave me $1k extra. 😱😁

$1K is nice!

Message 52 of 2,572
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

August is a big month around here. DD#3 has a birthday (20 y/o !) and so do I (not 20 y/o).

Bi-annual Citi SP CLI request later in month.

They keep sending me offers to PC that Simplicity to DC, but then they also send offers like the one that greeted me in the AM email today. 

Capture.GIF

Message 53 of 2,572
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

August is a big month around here. DD#3 has a birthday (20 y/o !) and so do I (not 20 y/o).

They keep sending me offers to PC that Simplicity to DC, but then they also send offers like the one that greeted me in the AM email today. 

Capture.GIF

As someone who is looking to PC their Premier card to something else by the end of the year how often do you get these offers on your Simplicity card?

Message 54 of 2,572
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

@macinjosh wrote:

Well, I got daring and asked Disco for a CLI on my smaller limit card. They gave me $1k extra. 😱😁

$1K is nice!

Yes it is. It brings my total Discover profile to $25,200. I'm now $2,400 away from $125k profile. The growth of my credit profile in the last 2 1/2 years is amazing.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 55 of 2,572
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

Capture.GIF

As someone who is looking to PC their Premier card to something else by the end of the year how often do you get these offers on your Simplicity card?

I have had them since Feb, they expire in 3 months, and then they just send another offer. Thing is, I have special 2.99% rate on purchases until April next year. Not using it, but you know how it is. If I PC, then rate resets.

Message 56 of 2,572
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's August and unfortunately the virus is still with us. Hope all are staying safe. 

In four weeks I hit the no HP six month mark. Also, utilizing the AmEx shop small rewards. I highly recommend to those with the card. The rewards have beaten some online prices. i.e. Blade for edge trimmer.

Enjoy the month!

Message 57 of 2,572
Azza
Regular Contributor

Hey all, coming to join you Smiley Happy

I am going to garden for one year. My Fico target is 820.

I have this stupid collections reporting to my EQ which is an old Sprint debt I PIF, but they said I settled and will not mail me the file they have. I called, they said they would email me but I never got it. Going to keep calling.

I am finishing up my debt this month - paying off my Rivermark Prime card and my Alliant. Going to be using the following for the next year:

Alliant Platinum Rewards - 2.0% cash back anywhere

Citi Costco - 4% Gas, 3% Dining, International purchases

Discover IT - 5% Rotating categories

Rivermark Signature Rewards - 1.5% cash back on much larger spends (Alliant only has 5k credit limit)

If something super savory pops up and I have reached my score I may jump out to check it out, but I am committing to no frivolous cards for one year. AMEX has declined me three times in the past few years and if they don't want me, I don't want them anymore.

HERE WE GO!

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 58 of 2,572
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Azza, Welcome to The GardenSmiley Happy

Message 59 of 2,572
tacpoly
Established Contributor

Ugh. Finally took my watch for much needed service and it'll cost me almost $9000 Smiley Frustrated Hoping it'll be another 20 years before the next service. 

Message 60 of 2,572
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.