Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - December 2018

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Garden Club - December 2018

@simplynoir wrote:

And on that I'm heading to bed I'm actually amazed I stayed awake long enough for the new thread. Smiley LOL Be back in the morning to leave a mountain of kudos for everyone!

Goodnight, @simplynoirgoodnight.gif

Message 11 of 7,269
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Checking in for December.  Hotel lobby where I’m staying at. 

7A5C795D-0639-4727-9400-D205291E16F9.jpeg

Message 12 of 7,269
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Hello everyone, checking in for December!

The end of the year means parties, gift-giving, and for some, credit headaches. Well, you don't need a New Year's resolution to take care of your credit. You can do that every day hanging out in the garden and following the stories being told here. Half of the reason I've been here is to read up on how everybody is doing.

For those of you that don't know about me, I started my rebuild two years ago on the 9th with an application for an Amazon store card. Declined. Went and applied for a Capital One Platinum. Approved for $500. I was so happy to have that and was responsible with it. Then my baddies started to fall off and less than a year later, my scores went from mid 500's to low 700's. 

When I came on to MyFico in March of 2017, I read some of the stories about how people were managing multiple cards with $20,000+ limits and thought how that must be difficult to handle. Well, now I'm in the same league as those folks and keeping up the payments without a problem. I've helped my wife get her credit in order, and while she's not as card crazy as I am, she manages what she has quite well. 

Meanwhile, I got through the Thanksgiving holiday without a problem. My diabetes is well under control (no blood sugar tests over 100 in about three months). I did get a slight scare with my hernia last night however. I ordered the complete box set of Calvin and Hobbes and it was so heavy that thought it had come back for a second. It wasn't the case, but seriously, did they include an actual tiger in the box? 

Anyway, that's all for now. Enjoy whatever holidays you celebrate, keep taking care of yourselves and your credit, and  hope that you and your loved ones stay healthy, since that is far, far, far more important than any credit report. 

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 13 of 7,269
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Since we're on the cusp of a new calendar year, this will be the month I'll be taking a look at my credit and making adjustments & plans for 2019. I don't see myself closing any cards though. (There's nothing I can do about BLISPAY)

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 14 of 7,269
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Adkins wrote:
Since we're on the cusp of a new calendar year, this will be the month I'll be taking a look at my credit and making adjustments & plans for 2019. I don't see myself closing any cards though. (There's nothing I can do about BLISPAY)

The end of December (usually the week between Christmas and New Year's Day) is usually my time to "reflect" as well. 

So far I don't see any big adjustments that will need to be made; if I end up closing my BCP that will be in the summer since the AF is already paid until then.  Other than that I don't see any changes... thing are rather boring, actually.  Smiley Indifferent

I have Blispay as well, but obviously it will work itself out.  Smiley Mad

Message 15 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wat

Message 16 of 7,269
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Oh wow.  Spectacular failure.  I got distracted shopping for the kids and didn't realize over an hour had already gone by.

So I'm starting December with barely a seedling but I'm feeling pretty good at this point.  When I stepped out last, I really stepped out, partially to just get it over with and not be tempted to do the same at the beginning of the year.  Going to try my hardest not to get any new HPs to reset my gardening date, but I am reasonably confident that I certainly won't be getting any new tradelines for quite some time.

Happy December and Happy Holidays, everyone.  Did I at least make page 3?

Message 17 of 7,269
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Like I said... things for me are rather boring these days. 

AmexUnchanged.jpg

After my Amex installment loan was PIF I lost 40 points, but after that things have been steady... I've been within a point or two of 780 since August.  My score was previously 821 with the low-balance installment loan reporting.  Smiley Indifferent

I could do the SSL and get the points back, but there's nothing I'm interested in at the moment so there's no need for the exercise. 

A few years ago I would have loved to have been 'stuck' with a 780, so I'm not complaining. 

Message 18 of 7,269
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Oh wow.  Spectacular failure.  I got distracted shopping for the kids and didn't realize over an hour had already gone by.

So I'm starting December with barely a seedling but I'm feeling pretty good at this point.  When I stepped out last, I really stepped out, partially to just get it over with and not be tempted to do the same at the beginning of the year.  Going to try my hardest not to get any new HPs to reset my gardening date, but I am reasonably confident that I certainly won't be getting any new tradelines for quite some time.

Happy December and Happy Holidays, everyone.  Did I at least make page 3?

I know what you mean... when I 'step out' I tend to really make it count as well... haha.  Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Embarassed

Message 19 of 7,269
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wat

WhutSmiley.gif

Message 20 of 7,269
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.