Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - December 2018

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - December 2018

@UncleB wrote:

Like I said... things for me are rather boring these days. 

AmexUnchanged.jpg

After my Amex installment loan was PIF I lost 40 points, but after that things have been steady... I've been within a point or two of 780 since August.  My score was previously 821 with the low-balance installment loan reporting.  Smiley Indifferent

I could do the SSL and get the points back, but there's nothing I'm interested in at the moment so there's no need for the exercise. 

A few years ago I would have loved to have been 'stuck' with a 780, so I'm not complaining. 

I know the feeling stuck in scores that a few years ago I  never thought possible again.  Our range has been a bit wider 745-799 but usually at 760.  Since i know we are not buying a house soon I have no fear.  Our Sport S is less than 1 year old with 8000 miles and the Rubicon is now 13 years old with 169000 miles but looks new and drives like its 5 years old. Last week some one wanted to buy the Rubicon they thought it was about 3 years old.  No more new cars in the works but I have I have been eyeing the new Jeep Pickup.  I think they will cost about $50,000 and if i trade the Rubicon that would leave $35,000   I  just can't see two car payments now.  Once we pay off the 0% apr scores will go up 10 to 20 points more

Message 21 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy Dec everyone! 

Hope the holidays brings lots of love and laughter too all! 

Message 22 of 7,269
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Happy Holidays Fico Folks. Still gardening and drinking coffee. Put in bulbs and trimmed the mums as well. Will roast a huge prime rib and try out some new wine for gardeners to try.
Message 23 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

Things are boring for you?

All my scores flatlined about six months ago and they have been there since.  658-660 and holding, perhaps forever?  Equifax flirts up and around 700, but those baddies on EX and TU will be expiring in a few more months, even then ill just be evening out around 690-700 and stuck til god knows when.

I know its an age of oldest account issue, know it all too well, and its gonna take years to get anywhere else.

Message 24 of 7,269
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Got a Tesla, so restarted last month.  Not complaining Smiley Happy.

Financially it's passing strange for me after so long not playing with balances: I had a lot of expenses come up and then some non-trivial discretionary spending over the period too (I know I could've delayed that): rather than making a dent in the HELOC wound up darned near maxing it out and covering half the taxes out of the PLOC as the Tesla came in 5 days rather than having a month to build up a downpayment (from 2 jobs, would've made it).

This month and for the forseeable future, it's all about financial strategizing rather than credit planning.

4.5k in the bank currently

~11K CC debt ~16% APR

3K PLOC debt 11% APR

27k HELOC debt 5% APR

55k Auto debt 3.85%

212k Mortgage 3.25%

Had the plan of just running hard with two jobs for as long as I can maintain it and just pay everything off, but now leaning towards paying off the CC/PLOC and starting on the HELOC assuming the usual money comes in plus two incomes for December, zeroing out the HELOC, but then minimum paying the Auto/Mortgage while continuing to save money.  Not sure, being major payment free is a nice place to be, but alternatively so is stuffing money away into investments and playing the spread.

Rationally should be playing the spread I guess. 

Ah well, happy gardening and credit / finances planning to everyone else too this holiday season!

        
Message 25 of 7,269
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Forgot that December was arriving tonight and didn’t get first page. 😫😫😫

Message 26 of 7,269
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Was catching up and November and didn't understand why I couldn't reply.

In real life news, today sucked.

Message 27 of 7,269
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner sorry to hear that.  Can't bring myself to kudo that.  Hope everything is okay.

Message 28 of 7,269
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Was catching up and November and didn't understand why I couldn't reply.

In real life news, today sucked.

When I have lousy days I tell myself that just means that the next day is most likely going to be better.

Hopefully that will appy in your case as well.  Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

eBro: Sorry about the real-world suck. Beers on me.

Everyone else: I'm still here. Had to get out and do real-life human stuff. Knocked back a few with some friends and decompressed from a jacked-up November. Looking forward to a quite, low-stress December.
Message 30 of 7,269
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.