Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - December 2018

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Garden Club - December 2018

Hi all *waves broadly*,

I am not sure if I'm ready for the garden yet (although the food looks good).
Here is my situation: I have a very thin file, as I lived out of the country off and on and always relied on cash. My current file looks like this:
1 inquiry on TU and 2 showing on EQ
Student loan - currently in repayment. Never late. 5 years old +
Discover it secured - 1 month old. 1% uti
FedEx secured cc - 7 months old
Cap 1 app in process
2 - 4 baddies depending on the file. One is a medical collection of $30. This one irritates me because I had insurance at the time and the OC and I have gone back and forth because they have never charged the insurance (first excuse was they were unaware of the insurance at the time, now it's that it's so old that I needed to provide them a Load Letter from the carrier showing the insurance at that date, which I have done numerous times).
One is an od Verizon bill in which they never applied a rebate, etc. Basically, all small (and petty).
My AAoA is 2 years. I'm hoping the Cap 1 app is approved (they requested additional documentation). If Cap 1 is approved then I feel pretty confident with the 3 cards and student loan increasing my AAoA and score.

My concern is that my FedEx secured card is a low limit card and the only way for it to graduate is a hard pull at the end of February. I don't want to join the garden if I know that a hard pull is in my future. FedEx is not my favorite and I wish I had known this before. They told me they even HP for their share secured loans. The only positive is that their interest rate is super low on the card, although I PIF every month.

Any advice? Is it worth waiting to garden (temptation is high out here in the cold), or should I just buck up and join the garden knowing that I won't be able to convert this card for a year (that's my gardening goal).

Message 101 of 7,269
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ugh the pain of the wait!

Ugh the pain of the wait decided to actually do some grocery shopping today and use my new crock-pot that i have yet to use till today got about a month ago?  Anyways decided to whip up a batch of chili... Only problem is what I cooked it at is 8 hours lol.. Sounded great at the time, but I am hungry now and still have 2 hours and 47 mins on timer.. Granted probably could eat now just fine, but the smell is making it more worth the wait?  

Chili1.jpeg

Chili2.jpeg

Message 102 of 7,269
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - December 2018

@Revelate wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONE with Alliant CU, they STINK, I see the new year alliant-less for me, started pulling money from savings account there.....At least that will be yet another CC gone......EEEEEEWWWWWW they have me so mad.......AHHHHHHHH  better now.....Hope your up coming week is a great one! Don't app or you will get coal in your stocking and all your store CC will cease to function!!

Wait what? Smiley Happy

Did they deny you for an application?  This be the Garden thread yo, they did you a favor just sayin' Smiley Happy

Tongue-in-cheek aside what happened?  Haven't done that much with Alliant over the years since I did the ancient SSL trick (and recently realized with the auto loan having been sorted, might as well take one for the team and test 3ish lenders) but they always seemed pretty quality to me.  Up to 2% now savings rate if one cares about such things according to the email I got today too.

LOL I always hear how "strict and conservative" they are, but honestly in the 3 plus years I have been a "member" I have seen nothing but incompetence and stupidity....NOTE this is MY EXPERIENCE YMMV. First was getting in with them, they could not "access my TU score" it was ridiculous I have never frozen any CS so I had to call TU and they had no clue said it was the banks issue, week later they call me denied for the credit card....ok waited months because at the time a 2% was rare and everyone here said they were a good CU (I like DCU and PedFed personally). I get the credit card after having a savings account with them since joining, over 5 figures in their savings....Limit on card $2.5K  - OK I have like literally 20 times that parked in their savings (and back then it was not yielding 2% but whatever....Friday, I ask for a CLI (HP yuck but whatever) I ASK for a total of $5K that is ONLY asking $2.5K more, no baddies, no lates, use their card and have savings in there for a few years....they PULL TU, they send me a note that my TU is frozen and to unfreeze, let them know and they will check again......NOT frozen, I send them copies of the alerts that Alliant pulled TU and told them REALLY you pulled but my report is frozen? Later I get an email, denied CLI....so friggin done with that, Citi, Chase and "the big banks" may stink to some, but I get pretty much what I want with them with NO HP and great customer servicce.....add AMEX in there too for Reme.......LMAO.  I know I sound spoiled to some, fine my journey is different then yours, but at this point in the credit game there are better Savings accounts that I have - Synch 2.05, Marcus 2.05, and lest we NOT forget AMEX Savings at 2% (again for Reme) that I don't need this kind of crap customer service, if you pulled ya pulled, don't tell me it is frozen, they seem very lazy whenever I called them, they are polite (mid west i guess...LOL) but "not all there"  for me anyway.....rant over.......

Message 103 of 7,269
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity if you give me a bowl, I won't tell anyone you stopped it early.  I'm starving!

Decided that Veruca and Mike Teevee would get their gifts early today since I didn't want to deal with barely having Veruca's gift set up by bedtime.  Now we have a miniature version of this jumping around in our living room playing PlayStation VR:

psvrmain.jpg

*sigh* At least I got a great deal on it.  Is it wrong that I really want to try out Creed: Rise To Glory that came with it?

Almost time for latkes!

Message 104 of 7,269
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@bluntco wrote:
Congrats Taco! Take the day off buddy, Eeyore said he'll work for you.

PS when I see 700 club I will forever think of my grandparents watching that on TV a million years ago lol

While I like the guy, I just wrapped up 80 hours in 6 days so...

83927ce52881168fbef96b88c7236f46.jpg

Message 105 of 7,269
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Ugh the pain of the wait!

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Ugh the pain of the wait decided to actually do some grocery shopping today and use my new crock-pot that i have yet to use till today got about a month ago?  Anyways decided to whip up a batch of chili... Only problem is what I cooked it at is 8 hours lol.. Sounded great at the time, but I am hungry now and still have 2 hours and 47 mins on timer.. Granted probably could eat now just fine, but the smell is making it more worth the wait?  

Chili1.jpeg

Chili2.jpeg

Instant. Pot.

Message 106 of 7,269
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ugh the pain of the wait!

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Instant. Pot.

bought the nicest ones of those for my sister and parents, but I didn't really dig them personally the look nor some of the functionality i like i can take the inside of this out and put on stove or oven, etc..  Prefer the more modern/traditional crock-pot although the instant pot is insanely popular hence i got them as gifts this year for family members

Message 107 of 7,269
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@CreditCuriosity if you give me a bowl, I won't tell anyone you stopped it early.  I'm starving!

Decided that Veruca and Mike Teevee would get their gifts early today since I didn't want to deal with barely having Veruca's gift set up by bedtime.  Now we have a miniature version of this jumping around in our living room playing PlayStation VR:

psvrmain.jpg

*sigh* At least I got a great deal on it.  Is it wrong that I really want to try out Creed: Rise To Glory that came with it?

Almost time for latkes!

Actually I got a chance to try out an Occulus at Riot: I thought damned long and hard for me about simply dumping the office and building a VR room; I still think it's going to be one of the next big things so I can't fault you at all on that.

        
Message 108 of 7,269
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Revelate wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

psvrmain.jpg

Almost time for latkes!

Actually I got a chance to try out an Occulus at Riot: I thought damned long and hard for me about simply dumping the office and building a VR room; I still think it's going to be one of the next big things so I can't fault you at all on that.

Had PS4 VR and occulus for awhile..  Returned waiting for 5g to become mainstream so no wires are attached that is when I will buy into the VR again.  They simply don't have the bandwidth to do cordless atm and think 5g will make it happen

Message 109 of 7,269
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi all *waves broadly*,

I am not sure if I'm ready for the garden yet (although the food looks good).
Here is my situation: I have a very thin file, as I lived out of the country off and on and always relied on cash. My current file looks like this:
1 inquiry on TU and 2 showing on EQ
Student loan - currently in repayment. Never late. 5 years old +
Discover it secured - 1 month old. 1% uti

FedEx secured cc - 7 months old
Cap 1 app in process
2 - 4 baddies depending on the file. One is a medical collection of $30. This one irritates me because I had insurance at the time and the OC and I have gone back and forth because they have never charged the insurance (first excuse was they were unaware of the insurance at the time, now it's that it's so old that I needed to provide them a Load Letter from the carrier showing the insurance at that date, which I have done numerous times).
One is an od Verizon bill in which they never applied a rebate, etc. Basically, all small (and petty).
My AAoA is 2 years. I'm hoping the Cap 1 app is approved (they requested additional documentation). If Cap 1 is approved then I feel pretty confident with the 3 cards and student loan increasing my AAoA and score.

My concern is that my FedEx secured card is a low limit card and the only way for it to graduate is a hard pull at the end of February. I don't want to join the garden if I know that a hard pull is in my future. FedEx is not my favorite and I wish I had known this before. They told me they even HP for their share secured loans. The only positive is that their interest rate is super low on the card, although I PIF every month.

Any advice? Is it worth waiting to garden (temptation is high out here in the cold), or should I just buck up and join the garden knowing that I won't be able to convert this card for a year (that's my gardening goal).

Stay in the garden, build your scores up, then take a HP in a year for a better card & credit limit. By then you'll hopefully have the medical collection and Verizon baddies removed from you CRAs. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 110 of 7,269
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.