Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - December 2018

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - December 2018

@tcbofade wrote:

DW got a preapproval from BestEgg in the mail today... I don't believe them.

i get one every week.. circular file

Message 681 of 7,269
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Show of hands.

Who else like me reads this forum backwards from the last page moving to earlier posts/pages to ensure you don't miss anything although you tend to see the punchlines before the joke at times...
Message 682 of 7,269
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It costs nothing to be open and friendly towards everyone. Smile, say hi, and yes - make eye contact.

The world becomes a better place around people who like people.

Message 683 of 7,269
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

I used to like people... and then people went and ruined it for me.
Message 684 of 7,269
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@RicHowe wrote:
Show of hands.

Who else like me reads this forum backwards from the last page moving to earlier posts/pages to ensure you don't miss anything although you tend to see the punchlines before the joke at times...

Well, I actually start out at the oldest post, and catch up from there.

If there's anything I want/need to reply to, I do a 'three finger tap' on the reply button, which on this laptop opens the reply window in a new tab (on my old laptop I would hit both mouse buttons at the same time to get the same effect).  I then continue reading all the posts in the thread, continuing to open anything I want to reply to in a new tab, this way I don't actually do any replies until I'm completely caught up.

This is why when I first come on you'll see a 'flurry' of replies from me all in a period of a few minutes, since my reply tabs are already 'staged' and ready to go.  Smiley Happy

Message 685 of 7,269
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OK Penfed...enough with the bombardment of emails! The only ones I want from you right now, are pre-approved offers.

Anyone else getting like 1-3 emails a day from them??
Message 686 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m looking for a good caramel liqueur, but all I can find is salted caramel. I don’t want the salt, I just want the caramel 😭

Why???

Message 687 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
OK Penfed...enough with the bombardment of emails! The only ones I want from you right now, are pre-approved offers.

Anyone else getting like 1-3 emails a day from them??

Nope.....I’m getting a ton of Nordies, Macy’s and Banana emails (they are tempting me with a jacket I want). 

Everything else comes in the mail. 

Message 688 of 7,269
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

no! 😱... and yet how does that work on unemployment?! your not supposed to turn down ANY offer made to you! 

what if the first offer is lower? they could report that i turned it down?

yes i overthink every.thing... but THIS is uncleb's fault! 👎🏻

You're not required to accept any offer the moment it's made, though, are you? Politely tell them you need to talk over the offer with your significant other(or cat, if you have one of those). (Also, if they can't wait at least 24 hours, you don't want to work for them.)

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 689 of 7,269
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Ardecko wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

no! 😱... and yet how does that work on unemployment?! your not supposed to turn down ANY offer made to you! 

what if the first offer is lower? they could report that i turned it down?

yes i overthink every.thing... but THIS is uncleb's fault! 👎🏻

You're not required to accept any offer the moment it's made, though, are you? Politely tell them you need to talk over the offer with your significant other(or cat, if you have one of those). (Also, if they can't wait at least 24 hours, you don't want to work for them.)

+1

I've always joked that this is one of the areas where "coupled" people have an advantage... you can always say, "I need to discuss this with my husband/wife/partner/etc." to get some breathing room to think things over.  As a single person it's more difficult. 

Message 690 of 7,269
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.