Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - December 2018

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Garden Club - December 2018

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Had a mini panic attack thinking I forgot to pay my target card last night. Logged in and it was paid, but noticed they doubled my credit line. My PayPal was denied a CLI after hitting 90 days. 🤦

Whoo-hoo!!  Nice job on the auto-CLI!!  screamer.gif

Movin' on up!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 741 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mornin' peeps.  Updated my savings percentage as I got paid today.

At my current rate, if nothing big happens, I should reach my current goal in late 2021.  Slow crawl, for sure.

Of course, with a divorce, lots could happen between now and then.  So the actual date of reaching my goal could be anywhere between 2019 and the day the sun expands into a red giant and engulfs the earth.

Message 742 of 7,269
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Anyone here have experience with Apple's iPads they're willing to share?

With Best Buy having a sales event it's making me take a second look at possibly finally having an Apple device. I plan to get the screen on my Tab S2 fixed tomorrow but figure this would be a good time to find out if I would like iOS for future purchases like cellphones.

Message 743 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the savings discipline, after talks with mortgage lenders, I had to stop saving so much cash and put savings in the bank, so it’s like starting over considering I like throwing all my cash on the bed and rolling in it.. so cheers to mattress money!
Message 744 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

With Best Buy having a sales event it's making me take a second look at possibly finally having an Apple device. I plan to get the screen on my Tab S2 fixed tomorrow but figure this would be a good time to find out if I would like iOS for future purchases like cellphones.

I've had a couple of them... my wife took my iPad Pro with her when she left me so I'm iPad-less now.  Whether you like it or not depends on how well you get along with Apple's ecosystem.  There are many great apps out there, but if you're into tweaking things the options are limited.  You'll have to set up an iTunes account.  You don't have to install iTunes on a computer anymore, you can activate and sync your iPad over WiFi.  You don't have to use a credit card if you only plan on using free apps and don't plan on buying music or movies.

I have been wanting to buy another one, but I'm too poor right now to even buy a decent used one.

Message 745 of 7,269
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

Best tablet for the money right now is the Fire HD 10, if media consumption is the primary use. Screen resolution is 1920 x 1200. Why spend quadruple the amount for about the same experience?

Message 746 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir I’m a tattooist and I use the iPad Pro religiously, for forms, designs, and as a note pad. I don’t know what your uses would be but it’s a great device in my case

My Gf uses it daily also, she’s in dental school and she uploads all her power points to the device and uses the highlighting/mark up features to study.

Personally I didn’t have a use for just an iPad without the pencil. Felt like it would just be an overgrown phone. However, the pencil adds tons of usability
Message 747 of 7,269
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

I've had a couple of them... my wife took my iPad Pro with her when she left me so I'm iPad-less now.  Whether you like it or not depends on how well you get along with Apple's ecosystem.  There are many great apps out there, but if you're into tweaking things the options are limited.  You'll have to set up an iTunes account.  You don't have to install iTunes on a computer anymore, you can activate and sync your iPad over WiFi.  You don't have to use a credit card if you only plan on using free apps and don't plan on buying music or movies.

How big a deal is this if someone has been pretty much in the Android ecosystem? I don't mind limitations in customization but I wonder if this will be something that will always be an irritant in the back of my mind.

Message 748 of 7,269
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir wrote:

I can say Apple's a slippery slope.  I always hated Macs.  But then I got the iPhone 3GS and I spiraled downward from there.  I'm on my 7th or 8th iPhone at this point and have purchased a few iPads over the years.  Last year, I finally broke down and bought myself (with boss's money) a MacBook Pro for work on the go because it was the only way to reasonably get the screen resolution I needed and usually use it for browsing at home, but I still use a Windows PC for most daily use.  I don't think you'd have any complaints buying one.  Just get a good case and a glass screen protector.

Message 749 of 7,269
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Good morning 

My night consisted of two naps and watching  Richard Feynman lectures. 

iPhones are the devil. I could not get used to one no matter how hard I tried.  Everything about it, including the good things, irked me to no end. 

I had to get out of that toxic relationship 

Brian, I am so glad you decided to log in vs. pretending you have something better to do. Baby steps. 

Message 750 of 7,269
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.