Garden Club - December 2018

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Garden Club - December 2018

@kilroy8 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Anyone here have experience with Apple's iPads they're willing to share?

With Best Buy having a sales event it's making me take a second look at possibly finally having an Apple device. I plan to get the screen on my Tab S2 fixed tomorrow but figure this would be a good time to find out if I would like iOS for future purchases like cellphones.

Best tablet for the money right now is the Fire HD 10, if media consumption is the primary use. Screen resolution is 1920 x 1200. Why spend quadruple the amount for about the same experience?

Several reasons. The S2 once fixed will continue to be my media device so not really looking for one for those purposes. I'm considering making a transition when traveling for work to leave my laptop (when applicable) and S2 tablet at home and use one device that can do both reasonably well. I don't necessarily want to go all out with something like the Pro version but a starter like the 2018 iPad would do nicely as a trial run to see how it goes.

It was something my friend/co-worker brought up on our flight back last night. She was asking if I had ever considered getting a tablet that along for entertainment (movies, social media, etc.) had enough performance for work-related activities since she was in the market for one with her being more on her own next year for these types of meetings. I've been so used to the phone/tablet/laptop combo it never even entered my mind. So now I'm taking a more serious look.

Message 751 of 7,269
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@simplynoir I’m a tattooist and I use the iPad Pro religiously, for forms, designs, and as a note pad. I don’t know what your uses would be but it’s a great device in my case

My Gf uses it daily also, she’s in dental school and she uploads all her power points to the device and uses the highlighting/mark up features to study.

Personally I didn’t have a use for just an iPad without the pencil. Felt like it would just be an overgrown phone. However, the pencil adds tons of usability

I think the iPad Pro while would be beneficial for me would probably work more for my GF. She currently has the iPad Air 2 but with the limitations on the 3rd party stylus she considering upgrading since she does a lot of emailing, invoicing and PDF reading for starters. The reviews on the official Apple Pen will probably sway her in that direction alone. What I might do is possibly get her that and have her let me use it as a trial run to see if it's something I would consider getting for myself. Kill two birds with one stone as it were.

Message 752 of 7,269
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Remedios sounds like you're even more tired than I am.  I don't think coffee beans were the right Colombian export for me this morning.  We should go back to sleep; I don't think we need to be at the airport in Montevideo for another 48 hours anyway.  Almost forgot we're on eVacation.

Message 753 of 7,269
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir I think that's a great idea.  I was just going to suggest buying an older refurbished one for a trial run that you could sell on eBay for nearly what you paid, but if you can get a hand-me-down to try out that's even better.

Message 754 of 7,269
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

iPhones are the devil. I could not get used to one no matter how hard I tried.  Everything about it, including the good things, irked me to no end. 

I had to get out of that toxic relationship

Sounds like I should be wearing a hazmat suit when handling an Apple device.

Message 755 of 7,269
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

iPhones are the devil. I could not get used to one no matter how hard I tried.  Everything about it, including the good things, irked me to no end. 

I had to get out of that toxic relationship

Sounds like I should be wearing a hazmat suit when handling an Apple device.

I think a tinfoil hat will suffice but if you want to go down the overachiever path, hazmat suit will certainly leave an impression 

Message 756 of 7,269
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@simplynoir I think that's a great idea.  I was just going to suggest buying an older refurbished one for a trial run that you could sell on eBay for nearly what you paid, but if you can get a hand-me-down to try out that's even better.

Just sent a text so we'll see what she has to say. I doubt she'll have any reservations to say the least. This way I can expense it as something work-related.

Message 757 of 7,269
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Remedios sounds like you're even more tired than I am.  I don't think coffee beans were the right Colombian export for me this morning.  We should go back to sleep; I don't think we need to be at the airport in Montevideo for another 48 hours anyway.  Almost forgot we're on eVacation.

You must be really excited...flight tracker and all. 

I am slightly concerned you forgot we're on eVacation

That's how it starts.. 

Message 758 of 7,269
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I said almost forgot.  I'm tired; cut me some slack!

Also, eBay code PHLDAYTEN apparently gives 10% off pretty much anything with a maximum discount of $100 until 6 AM Eastern tomorrow if anyone needs to do some shopping.

Message 759 of 7,269
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I said almost forgot.  I'm tired; cut me some slack!

Also, eBay code PHLDAYTEN apparently gives 10% off pretty much anything with a maximum discount of $100 until 6 AM Eastern tomorrow if anyone needs to do some shopping.

You used exclamation point on me 😥🐼

Does Ebay sell attorney services? 

Message 760 of 7,269
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.