Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - December 2018

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Garden Club - December 2018

@tcbofade wrote:

Good morning boys and girls.  Happy Tuesday! 

No credit news to report, and I'm making myself crazy.  Yes, one more statement cut overnight, and no, it hasn't updated to the CRA's yet.

Now three of the last four accounts have cut new statements and HAVEN'T updated to the CRA's yet.  Smiley Frustrated

...last one cuts tomorrow, and hopefully, they'll all update by Friday...

@UncleB, no hurry on that moat...  I might have some work to do outside of the fence in a few days....  Smiley Tongue

Well if you say so... although I was really looking forward to it.  I think it would be an aesthetically pleasing yet classically inspired addition to the fence (I'm all about water features).  Smiley Very Happy

Image result for moat

Then again, our fence is electric, so a moat could be tricky for any jumpers, not to mention any existing tunnels would be likely to leak. Smiley Surprised  Smiley Tongue

Message 3521 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well in garden news, I just froze all three bureaus. I am officially in the garden!

Congrats!  Grab a pair of handcuffs and cuff yourself to the fence... there's room over here beside me!  We can be the frozen reports gardening sub-club!

Does that mean our part of the garden produces frozen veggies? LOL

I am a free range gardener, cuffs won’t make me happy LOL!

I think our part of the garden may not be very productive - just tundra but at least we won’t be tempted by those evil credit apples that grow in the other parts of the garden Smiley Wink

Message 3522 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the ride (over $35k... way, WAY more than I can ever afford).  And it's neat you were able to nail some SUBs with the down payment.

My car was $18k brand new in late 2013, and I only finally paid it off this year.

Message 3523 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

I had a thing for watches that did a little extra.. was given a few over the years but they dissapeared.. i was a kid.. 

Usually some form of casio or seiko.. some didnt even didnt make it to the US... came from overseas when my relative used to come over from working as an expat.. 

This one i got for a deal but used to like it due to its dot matrix display of the numbers..

https://www.google.com/search?q=seiko+datagraph+2001&rlz=1CAHFRG_enUS825US825&tbm=isch&source=iu&ict...:

Also owned a Timex Datalink 150 with the metal band...

My daily watch is a Citizen AT-9010-52E World Time; the thing is so complicated that when it doesn't receive the radio signal from the transmitter in Colorado I have to look up YouTube tutorials to refresh my memory. 

Message 3524 of 7,269
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I haven't worn a watch since cell phones became a thing.

They became a redundant function which I quickly downsized for greater efficiency and corporate synergies.

Message 3525 of 7,269
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

What Kilroy said (the cell phone thing, not the corporate thing).

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 3526 of 7,269
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@RicHowe wrote:
BTW. The word I have from those on Vesey Street, who shall remain nameless, is that the Green Card refresh may be announced as early as February. Positioning the card for entry-level Millennials for MR reward multipliers on Fuel (4x), Online Purchases (3x) and such. Creating a real AMEX trifecta. Goal is to strengthen the charge card business over the next two years as revolvers are fine with all the co-brands lately.

While fuel isn't going to do a whole lot for me, "online purchases" seems overly broad.  I'd say 2/3 of my spend could be considered an online purchase, but I think it's far too optimistic to think that would become the card that sees the heaviest use for me.  We'll have to wait and see, but depending on the bonus categories and what they cover, that could totally blow a hole in both the gardening plans and the 2019 earning strategy for this GenXer.

Turns out K is right, after a clarification call, its 3x back on "streaming services". But I got this new tidbit, they are in negotiation to provide free Amazon Prime as an annual benefit of the card, to bolster their relationship, since they are already issuing the business Amazon card, this would capture the consumer end. Refresh might be pushed back later than February.

I haven't heard about annual fee yet.

Stay tuned.

Message 3527 of 7,269
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

I don't have an Amazon-flavor card -- free Prime would be a draw.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 3528 of 7,269
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

This might make for a good Tuesday conversation in the garden:

How would you like to see AMEX refresh the Green Card?

What would you add as perk, benefit to make it a must-jump-the-fence card, or more specifically, induce Remy to finally come to the light?

Message 3529 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the ride (over $35k... way, WAY more than I can ever afford).  And it's neat you were able to nail some SUBs with the down payment.

My car was $18k brand new in late 2013, and I only finally paid it off this year.

Congrats to you.

My previous truck was a 1997 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer so I was a bit overdue for a new car... it was so beat up I drove it back home rather than have the dealer's appraiser offer me $200.  I plan to sell it to a junkyard as soon as I find the title.  But I also know what its like to drive a Ford Tempo with major electrical problems Smiley Sad

Message 3530 of 7,269
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.