cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - December 2018

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Garden Club - December 2018


@Adkins wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

I'm still a believer in you should wear a good watch to a job interview... in line with the dress for the job you want, not the job your applying for... (within reason).. think its the only time ill possibly wear a gold watch....

 

Youd be amazed with how differently some folks treat you over such subtle materialistic things...

-J

 


I don't own a watch anymore. I also don't like the "delicate" look of a woman's watch yet a a lot of men's watches are too "chunky" on my wrist. 🤷


The trend over the last 10 years or so has been toward larger watches, for both men and women.  A traditional women's watch usually has around a 26-27mm diameter dial but nowadays it's not unusual for a woman to buy and wear a 'mens' dress or sport watch with 36-40mm dial.

 


Yes, but it has to look and feel right on my wrist. (To me)


That's my thing with watches (or any jewelry, actually)... it just doesn't feel right.  Smiley Sad

Message 3501 of 7,269
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - December 2018

Good night at the open my mike - 4 covers and 3 originals.
Message 3502 of 7,269
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Garden Club - December 2018


@expatCanuck wrote:
Good night at the open my mike - 4 covers and 3 originals.

Sounds like a lot of fun!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3503 of 7,269
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club - December 2018


@Adkins wrote:

@macinjosh wrote:

Hey hey! I finally got a different CLI rejection from Citi. They now tell me that I can't have one because I opened too many accounts recently instead of the same old we won't because we've given you enough for your income bracket without a HP.


Progress..


Yes, so hopefully by March I will finally get one. I'm going to start using the card for small purchases here and there now that there is no BT balance on it.









Message 3504 of 7,269
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club - December 2018


@JAG73 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@JAG73 wrote:

@K-in-Boston Happy Bday to Veruca Salt 🎂 

 

Youll have to tell me what that nickname means someday. 


Thank you! As for the nickname...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqsy7V0wphI


No way 😂


Sadly far too many children are that way now, and it's sickening.









Message 3505 of 7,269
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - December 2018


@UncleB wrote:

US Bank is apparently happy with our relationship (for the record, I've been pleased with them as well).

 

The last few months I've received various offers from them (both email and snail-mail) for their Amex, Platinum, and just a few moments ago for the Cash+ (which is odd considering I already have it).  All offers have had a set APR.

 

Ironically, the Altitude hasn't been offered to me, which is probably just as well.  While the bonus would be nice it would be a pain to work-around the annual fee, even after the travel credit.  (I'm clearly not in the demo for that particular product, anyway.)

 

They are the only bank courting me at the moment, with the exception of Synch for an Ebates Signature Visa, which doesn't really count.  It's just as well... I'm not in a dating apping mood, anyway.


It really sucks that I had to burn US Bank in my bankruptcy. I had their card that was like 1.9+prime and a BoA that was like 18% for my two actual credit cards and I had a reserve line on my US Bank checking that covered my irresponsible self more times than I can count. They were great to me and I likely can’t ever get back in their good graces. When BoA put the squeeze on me with interest hikes for carrying balances (and some of that was cash advance since I didn’t know any better), US Bank was always willing to work with me. As far as banks go, that one is cream of the crop. That Cash+ card would have been a nice addition to my line up. 



01/2019:
02/2020:

Closed: CareCredit $10K, B&H Payboo $7500
Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 3506 of 7,269
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - December 2018


@UncleB wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

I'm still a believer in you should wear a good watch to a job interview... in line with the dress for the job you want, not the job your applying for... (within reason).. think its the only time ill possibly wear a gold watch....

 

Youd be amazed with how differently some folks treat you over such subtle materialistic things...

-J

 


I don't own a watch anymore. I also don't like the "delicate" look of a woman's watch yet a a lot of men's watches are too "chunky" on my wrist. 🤷


The trend over the last 10 years or so has been toward larger watches, for both men and women.  A traditional women's watch usually has around a 26-27mm diameter dial but nowadays it's not unusual for a woman to buy and wear a 'mens' dress or sport watch with 36-40mm dial.

 


Yes, but it has to look and feel right on my wrist. (To me)


That's my thing with watches (or any jewelry, actually)... it just doesn't feel right.  Smiley Sad


Same problem. The only thing I can wear and not feel ridiculous is a sterling silver ring. If I ever get married, I am probably screwed because I won’t wear gold. 



01/2019:
02/2020:

Closed: CareCredit $10K, B&H Payboo $7500
Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 3507 of 7,269
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - December 2018

I had such a rough day yesterday. I couldn’t sleep since Sunday night (between my little trip out of the garden and my laptop coming a day early, I was wide awake) and then when I finally wanted to unwind and go to bed I checked online and saw that my Medicaid showed it was ended and that they sent me this letter about setting up a Medicaid Trust so I had to start making phone calls and was told that my income is too high to get Medicaid so I would have to put all the money in the trust, pay Medicaid the excess, and then I could use the rest (it would be to the tune of about $187 a month which isn’t the end of the world) so I started doing research and found out that I’m actually $788 a month UNDER what would entail setting up the trust so I called back and my case manager went and found out that the long term care department didn’t get my certification for my personal care assistance needs so I had to call and leave a message for my long term care case manager. 

 

I would have lost my mind if it wasn’t for my community case manager at the county mental health place I am seen at (you never really hear someone praise county mental health but Denver and Arapahoe Counties in Colorado are actually exceptional) doing most of the inquiring for me. So now we have until January to get me certified for my hours (which was already done on the 29th so hopefully they process it in the next week or so) but it’s crazy that they would drop the ball on something like this. I mean I get that they’re overworked but a case can be made that Medicaid long term care is a higher certification priority than food stamps and they sure as hell are quick about making food stamp decisions. 

 

It is crazy to think that I am high functioning, intelligent, and I push back and stay on top of things despite my condition — if they could let someone like me fall through the cracks, what is happening to those who don’t know to advocate for themselves?

 

So long story short, my day got ruined by someone else’s ineptitude. I finally crashed after I ate dinner and took night meds at 8 and then I woke up wide awake at 2 this morning which means I’m running on more or less 6 hours of sleep since Sunday and I wasn’t sleeping that well the past few days before that so I have no idea how much sleep I’m actually behind but my anxiety is like a 99/10 as a result of all this craziness and I wish I could drink Smiley Sad

 

My therapist is coming out to see me today and I need to never cancel an appointment again. I canceled two weeks ago and it feels like it’s been two months of swimming by myself — and I actually canceled because I hadn’t slept then either!

 

This tapering off my Valium thing is the hardest thing I’ve done in my life and I have at least 7 months to go and I’m already 10 months in. I just want my life back, is that really such a big ask? Smiley Frustrated

 

In credit news, I added my gardening goal. Soooo farrrrrr awaaayyyy.....

 

Have a great day everyone! Never mind me and my rant 😂 



01/2019:
02/2020:

Closed: CareCredit $10K, B&H Payboo $7500
Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 3508 of 7,269
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - December 2018


@Saeren wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

I'm still a believer in you should wear a good watch to a job interview... in line with the dress for the job you want, not the job your applying for... (within reason).. think its the only time ill possibly wear a gold watch....

 

Youd be amazed with how differently some folks treat you over such subtle materialistic things...

-J

 


I don't own a watch anymore. I also don't like the "delicate" look of a woman's watch yet a a lot of men's watches are too "chunky" on my wrist. 🤷


The trend over the last 10 years or so has been toward larger watches, for both men and women.  A traditional women's watch usually has around a 26-27mm diameter dial but nowadays it's not unusual for a woman to buy and wear a 'mens' dress or sport watch with 36-40mm dial.

 


Yes, but it has to look and feel right on my wrist. (To me)


That's my thing with watches (or any jewelry, actually)... it just doesn't feel right.  Smiley Sad


Same problem. The only thing I can wear and not feel ridiculous is a sterling silver ring. If I ever get married, I am probably screwed because I won’t wear gold. 


Watches are my vice. I have more than 50 of them and rotate to match the situation. I never wear the same watch two days in a row. Many of mine are Seiko, but I also have a few Citizen, Bulova, Timex and Casio styles as well. The dress watch of choice, however, is the Movado Museum. It looks great while being modern and minimalist.

 

I've debated whether to get a more upscale watch (Omega, Longines, or something similar), but then I would have to wear it every day, otherwise it's not worth it to me.

Oh, well, I'm done for 2020 (unless I get an insane offer)...
Message 3509 of 7,269
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - December 2018


@Saeren wrote:

I had such a rough day yesterday. I couldn’t sleep since Sunday night (between my little trip out of the garden and my laptop coming a day early, I was wide awake) and then when I finally wanted to unwind and go to bed I checked online and saw that my Medicaid showed it was ended and that they sent me this letter about setting up a Medicaid Trust so I had to start making phone calls and was told that my income is too high to get Medicaid so I would have to put all the money in the trust, pay Medicaid the excess, and then I could use the rest (it would be to the tune of about $187 a month which isn’t the end of the world) so I started doing research and found out that I’m actually $788 a month UNDER what would entail setting up the trust so I called back and my case manager went and found out that the long term care department didn’t get my certification for my personal care assistance needs so I had to call and leave a message for my long term care case manager. 

 

I would have lost my mind if it wasn’t for my community case manager at the county mental health place I am seen at (you never really hear someone praise county mental health but Denver and Arapahoe Counties in Colorado are actually exceptional) doing most of the inquiring for me. So now we have until January to get me certified for my hours (which was already done on the 29th so hopefully they process it in the next week or so) but it’s crazy that they would drop the ball on something like this. I mean I get that they’re overworked but a case can be made that Medicaid long term care is a higher certification priority than food stamps and they sure as hell are quick about making food stamp decisions. 

 

It is crazy to think that I am high functioning, intelligent, and I push back and stay on top of things despite my condition — if they could let someone like me fall through the cracks, what is happening to those who don’t know to advocate for themselves?

 

So long story short, my day got ruined by someone else’s ineptitude. I finally crashed after I ate dinner and took night meds at 8 and then I woke up wide awake at 2 this morning which means I’m running on more or less 6 hours of sleep since Sunday and I wasn’t sleeping that well the past few days before that so I have no idea how much sleep I’m actually behind but my anxiety is like a 99/10 as a result of all this craziness and I wish I could drink Smiley Sad

 

My therapist is coming out to see me today and I need to never cancel an appointment again. I canceled two weeks ago and it feels like it’s been two months of swimming by myself — and I actually canceled because I hadn’t slept then either!

 

This tapering off my Valium thing is the hardest thing I’ve done in my life and I have at least 7 months to go and I’m already 10 months in. I just want my life back, is that really such a big ask? Smiley Frustrated

 

In credit news, I added my gardening goal. Soooo farrrrrr awaaayyyy.....

 

Have a great day everyone! Never mind me and my rant 😂 


You make an excellent point about people needing to be able to advocate for themselves when they need services and how many people fall through the cracks. It's good to know that Denver has good options for you, including a therapist who makes house calls. You'll never see that in NYC.

Oh, well, I'm done for 2020 (unless I get an insane offer)...
Message 3510 of 7,269
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.