Re: Garden Club - December 2018

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

I'm still a believer in you should wear a good watch to a job interview... in line with the dress for the job you want, not the job your applying for... (within reason).. think its the only time ill possibly wear a gold watch....

Youd be amazed with how differently some folks treat you over such subtle materialistic things...

-J

I don't own a watch anymore. I also don't like the "delicate" look of a woman's watch yet a a lot of men's watches are too "chunky" on my wrist. 🤷

The trend over the last 10 years or so has been toward larger watches, for both men and women.  A traditional women's watch usually has around a 26-27mm diameter dial but nowadays it's not unusual for a woman to buy and wear a 'mens' dress or sport watch with 36-40mm dial.

Yes, but it has to look and feel right on my wrist. (To me)

That's my thing with watches (or any jewelry, actually)... it just doesn't feel right.  Smiley Sad

Same problem. The only thing I can wear and not feel ridiculous is a sterling silver ring. If I ever get married, I am probably screwed because I won’t wear gold. 

Watches are my vice. I have more than 50 of them and rotate to match the situation. I never wear the same watch two days in a row. Many of mine are Seiko, but I also have a few Citizen, Bulova, Timex and Casio styles as well. The dress watch of choice, however, is the Movado Museum. It looks great while being modern and minimalist.

I've debated whether to get a more upscale watch (Omega, Longines, or something similar), but then I would have to wear it every day, otherwise it's not worth it to me.

I actually did buy this mammoth watch. 

0063FBC8-B114-4954-BF09-9B1C5C065F96.jpeg

It’s an Invicta Reserve 16951 and it actually doesn’t look insanely bad on me but it’s like wearing a brick so it just sits there lol. I never even got the links removed so it would fit my wrist because I knew I wouldn’t wear it. 

I almost got the Apple Watch this year but it’s not a good idea to give someone who has panic attacks a device to run ECGs on.....

ETA: I just realized the watch is upside down - I grabbed it in the dark and put it on and snapped the pic and I’m too lazy to fix it but you get the idea lol. 

Message 3511 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had such a rough day yesterday. I couldn’t sleep since Sunday night (between my little trip out of the garden and my laptop coming a day early, I was wide awake) and then when I finally wanted to unwind and go to bed I checked online and saw that my Medicaid showed it was ended and that they sent me this letter about setting up a Medicaid Trust so I had to start making phone calls and was told that my income is too high to get Medicaid so I would have to put all the money in the trust, pay Medicaid the excess, and then I could use the rest (it would be to the tune of about $187 a month which isn’t the end of the world) so I started doing research and found out that I’m actually $788 a month UNDER what would entail setting up the trust so I called back and my case manager went and found out that the long term care department didn’t get my certification for my personal care assistance needs so I had to call and leave a message for my long term care case manager. 

I would have lost my mind if it wasn’t for my community case manager at the county mental health place I am seen at (you never really hear someone praise county mental health but Denver and Arapahoe Counties in Colorado are actually exceptional) doing most of the inquiring for me. So now we have until January to get me certified for my hours (which was already done on the 29th so hopefully they process it in the next week or so) but it’s crazy that they would drop the ball on something like this. I mean I get that they’re overworked but a case can be made that Medicaid long term care is a higher certification priority than food stamps and they sure as hell are quick about making food stamp decisions. 

It is crazy to think that I am high functioning, intelligent, and I push back and stay on top of things despite my condition — if they could let someone like me fall through the cracks, what is happening to those who don’t know to advocate for themselves?

So long story short, my day got ruined by someone else’s ineptitude. I finally crashed after I ate dinner and took night meds at 8 and then I woke up wide awake at 2 this morning which means I’m running on more or less 6 hours of sleep since Sunday and I wasn’t sleeping that well the past few days before that so I have no idea how much sleep I’m actually behind but my anxiety is like a 99/10 as a result of all this craziness and I wish I could drink Smiley Sad

My therapist is coming out to see me today and I need to never cancel an appointment again. I canceled two weeks ago and it feels like it’s been two months of swimming by myself — and I actually canceled because I hadn’t slept then either!

This tapering off my Valium thing is the hardest thing I’ve done in my life and I have at least 7 months to go and I’m already 10 months in. I just want my life back, is that really such a big ask? Smiley Frustrated

In credit news, I added my gardening goal. Soooo farrrrrr awaaayyyy.....

Have a great day everyone! Never mind me and my rant 😂 

You make an excellent point about people needing to be able to advocate for themselves when they need services and how many people fall through the cracks. It's good to know that Denver has good options for you, including a therapist who makes house calls. You'll never see that in NYC.

I have always had to advocate for myself. I had to fight social security for 3 years to win my disability case and lost everything I owned and had to couch surf and so many other things during that time so I am really hard to push around. My psychiatrist can’t even bully me, and she totally tried when we first met because she saw Valium and me admitting that I drank and she just saw a drug addict. You should have seen her face when the second time we met I set down a fully drawn up taper plan to get off my Valium in front of her and the schooling she got on the proper way to taper someone off of long term benzodiazepines lol! Now I go in, she asks me how many pills I need, if I am suicidal, etc, and I’m out in 5 minutes. 

I am definitely thankful for the therapist that comes to my house. It’s called enhanced outpatient and it’s a very rare service indeed but with my agoraphobia, I wouldn’t be able to do therapy if I had to go to the office all the time. They even come and pick me up and bring me to my psychiatrist when I have to see her in person every three months and bring me back home. I’m incredibly thankful and grateful for the services that they give me and in response to gaining those services, I actually quit drinking in July of last year and I finally kicked nicotine on October 1st of this year so there is a huge measured degree of success when it comes to me since when I started with my therapist, I was on the verge of cirrhosis and now my liver function is flawless. 

But this system that they have set up for me is extremely fragile - if I lose all of my benefits at this point in my Valium taper, it doesn’t take a brain surgeon to realize that I will not be able to continue tapering without my support services and if I can’t taper, I might as well drink and have some sort of enjoyment in my life. I mean when I drank I could actually go out and do things which is quite the opposite of my situation right now but what I am doing right now is setting me up for a rewarding future. That’s the hope anyway. Worst case scenario I get off the meds and I am no worse than when I was on them but best case scenario I make a full recovery back to where I was before medication which is to say one or two massive panic attacks a month but fully functional otherwise. 

But no matter the outcome, I want the addictive and no longer effective pills gone.

It took a lot of me swallowing my pride to reach out and admit I needed help so I will fight tooth and nail to keep it until I no longer require it. 

Message 3512 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had such a rough day yesterday. I couldn’t sleep since Sunday night (between my little trip out of the garden and my laptop coming a day early, I was wide awake) and then when I finally wanted to unwind and go to bed I checked online and saw that my Medicaid showed it was ended and that they sent me this letter about setting up a Medicaid Trust so I had to start making phone calls and was told that my income is too high to get Medicaid so I would have to put all the money in the trust, pay Medicaid the excess, and then I could use the rest (it would be to the tune of about $187 a month which isn’t the end of the world) so I started doing research and found out that I’m actually $788 a month UNDER what would entail setting up the trust so I called back and my case manager went and found out that the long term care department didn’t get my certification for my personal care assistance needs so I had to call and leave a message for my long term care case manager. 

I would have lost my mind if it wasn’t for my community case manager at the county mental health place I am seen at (you never really hear someone praise county mental health but Denver and Arapahoe Counties in Colorado are actually exceptional) doing most of the inquiring for me. So now we have until January to get me certified for my hours (which was already done on the 29th so hopefully they process it in the next week or so) but it’s crazy that they would drop the ball on something like this. I mean I get that they’re overworked but a case can be made that Medicaid long term care is a higher certification priority than food stamps and they sure as hell are quick about making food stamp decisions. 

It is crazy to think that I am high functioning, intelligent, and I push back and stay on top of things despite my condition — if they could let someone like me fall through the cracks, what is happening to those who don’t know to advocate for themselves?

So long story short, my day got ruined by someone else’s ineptitude. I finally crashed after I ate dinner and took night meds at 8 and then I woke up wide awake at 2 this morning which means I’m running on more or less 6 hours of sleep since Sunday and I wasn’t sleeping that well the past few days before that so I have no idea how much sleep I’m actually behind but my anxiety is like a 99/10 as a result of all this craziness and I wish I could drink Smiley Sad

My therapist is coming out to see me today and I need to never cancel an appointment again. I canceled two weeks ago and it feels like it’s been two months of swimming by myself — and I actually canceled because I hadn’t slept then either!

This tapering off my Valium thing is the hardest thing I’ve done in my life and I have at least 7 months to go and I’m already 10 months in. I just want my life back, is that really such a big ask? Smiley Frustrated

In credit news, I added my gardening goal. Soooo farrrrrr awaaayyyy.....

Have a great day everyone! Never mind me and my rant 😂 

my god! so glad you a case manager!

.. i said the SAME exact thing when helping bf through the ticket to work/vocational rehab programs.. 

how do people do it who arent high functioning and live alone?!

Message 3513 of 7,269
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Good morning boys and girls.  Happy Tuesday! 

No credit news to report, and I'm making myself crazy.  Yes, one more statement cut overnight, and no, it hasn't updated to the CRA's yet.

Now three of the last four accounts have cut new statements and HAVEN'T updated to the CRA's yet.  Smiley Frustrated

...last one cuts tomorrow, and hopefully, they'll all update by Friday...

@UncleB, no hurry on that moat...  I might have some work to do outside of the fence in a few days....  Smiley Tongue

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3514 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

.. i said the SAME exact thing when helping bf through the ticket to work/vocational rehab programs.. 

Yeah my community case manager with the county mental health is a godsend. I can do all of the work myself but calling the county department of human services is a serious exercise in frustration that often ends with being told they’re too busy to answer while trying to get through and she has someone who she can ask right there in the office. 

I actually will be dealing with the ticket myself when I feel I am ready to go back to work - I’m not looking forward to that either but in order to preserve my Medicare and SSDI while I try to transition back into working, it’s red tape I will have to deal with too. I don’t really get why they have to make it so difficult because the ticket to work program being so daunting with the requirements is why a lot of people don’t bother trying to go back to work when their disability ends. 

Message 3515 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

Good morning boys and girls.  Happy Tuesday! 

No credit news to report, and I'm making myself crazy.  Yes, one more statement cut overnight, and no, it hasn't updated to the CRA's yet.

Now three of the last four accounts have cut new statements and HAVEN'T updated to the CRA's yet.  Smiley Frustrated

...last one cuts tomorrow, and hopefully, they'll all update by Friday...

@UncleB, no hurry on that moat...  I might have some work to do outside of the fence in a few days....  Smiley Tongue

Lol are you waiting for something specific or is this just a FICOing OCD thing? 😂 

I can’t say anything, I have a few of them myself... It is actually driving me nuts not knowing when BBVA is going to cut my statement and hoping that NFCU does their AR before that statement cuts even though I know that one blip of ~36% utilization on a 2K card isn’t going to make NFCU bat an eye. 

Message 3516 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah my community case manager with the county mental health is a godsend. I can do all of the work myself but calling the county department of human services is a serious exercise in frustration that often ends with being told they’re too busy to answer while trying to get through and she has someone who she can ask right there in the office. 

I actually will be dealing with the ticket myself when I feel I am ready to go back to work - I’m not looking forward to that either but in order to preserve my Medicare and SSDI while I try to transition back into working, it’s red tape I will have to deal with too. I don’t really get why they have to make it so difficult because the ticket to work program being so daunting with the requirements is why a lot of people don’t bother trying to go back to work when their disability ends. 

exactly! on top of dealing with state benefits.. i mean im not the one with the brain injury and even i was confused most of the time! ha.. 

Message 3517 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

exactly! on top of dealing with state benefits.. i mean im not the one with the brain injury and even i was confused most of the time! ha.. 

It’s definitely not fun trying to navigate their world lol. It’s manageable for someone like me but I definitely feel for people who need to hire someone to take care of this stuff!

Well in garden news, I just froze all three bureaus. I am officially in the garden!

Of course they had to make it super annoying what with three different PINs and methods to unfreeze but it’s done and the work it will take to thaw them means I will actually have time that I’m forced to think about any apps I put in so yay!

Yall are stuck with me now muahaha 🦹‍♂️ 

Message 3518 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well in garden news, I just froze all three bureaus. I am officially in the garden!

Congrats!  Grab a pair of handcuffs and cuff yourself to the fence... there's room over here beside me!  We can be the frozen reports gardening sub-club!

Does that mean our part of the garden produces frozen veggies? LOL

Message 3519 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just last week I was in this thread trying to noodle out how to meet the SUBs on the BBP and CSR.  On impulse today I drove my old rust bucket 40 miles to a dealer in Milwaukee and 2 hours later I drove off in a fully loaded 2019 Toyota Highlander Limited Platinum (Grey Mica).  It wasn't my first choice but when you're as tall as I am, there are limited options in terms of head and leg room.  Plus I wanted to downsize from the Expedition since the kids aren't around and I'm usually driving alone.  So not much choices if you want an mid-sized SUV for a taller driver.

I put it on my CSR ...

You didn't say if you put the entire purchase on the CSR, or just a down payment. Smiley Surprised

I envy people who can buy a new car and pay cash for it... or put it on a CC and PIF afterward.  Can't say that will ever happen to me, unless I buy a $2k piece of junk.

Sorry ... poor explanation on my part.  The cost of the SUV exceeded the limit of my CSR; I suppose I could have put it all on my Amex BBP but I would have had to call ahead first to get permission.  I put downpayments of $5,000 on the CSR and $4,000 on the BBP... enough to make sure I got the sign up bonuses.

I was tempted to see if I could charge more but dealers typically have a limit on how much of the deposit can be made by credit card.  Also, since both credit accounts are new the last thing I wanted was some sort of adverse action, so the rest of the downpayment was by debit card.  I financed half the cost which works for my credit mix since my only installment debt was a $28 SSL with Alliant.

I'm not like this guy.

Message 3520 of 7,269
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.