Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - December 2018

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - December 2018

@bluntco wrote:
Congrats Taco! Take the day off buddy, Eeyore said he'll work for you.

PS when I see 700 club I will forever think of my grandparents watching that on TV a million years ago lol

OMG!   I would LOVE to, but we're too short handed and Eeyore hasn't arrived yet. 🙄

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 91 of 7,269
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Tomorrow (today for east coast) will be 66 and sunny.

I am very satisfied. 

really? its pouring rain and 50 here.. are you having a dream? 😂

Right?  I thought it was supposed to be nice today (rained yesterday).  Still rainy and cold.  Guess I'll sit on my couch and play some games Smiley Wink

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 92 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy December, MF'ers!

Checking in for December. Got a 5 point bump on EX yesterday. I'm not sure if it was my newest account hitting 3 mos or my AAoA hitting 5 years or a combination of the two, but my EX is the highest it's ever been at 764! I'm actually amazed that my score netted an increase after my oldest account dropped off and the addition of the AMEX. 

I don't expect any other score changes this month until the 30th when an inquiry becomes unscorable. My CLI from AMEX will post in few days, but since my util is already at 1%, I don't expect any score movement. 

Revised my budget so I'm now contributing to my IRA, HSA and ER fund every month which feels incredible and very "adulty."

Good luck to all with your gardening efforts this month.

Message 93 of 7,269
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Tomorrow (today for east coast) will be 66 and sunny.

I am very satisfied. 

58 & sunny is tomorrow's forecast in NoVA.  I'd rather it stay cold -- the plants get confused.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 94 of 7,269
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Gooooooooood morning boys and girls from the newest member of the 700 club!!!!!

EX Fico 8 now at 709!!!!!

That's what I'm talkin' about!!  Congratulations!

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 95 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Taco🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓

20 strip salute. 😀

Message 96 of 7,269
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Having some snowy day indoor fun today. Decorating for the holiday and taking care of the domestic chores. 

CK is reporting a huge change in my EQ and some TU scores. We’ll see what it actually shows once scores are updated with my card statements. December and January should be the magical months where more inquiries comes off and 180 days for CLI have occurred. 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 97 of 7,269
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@odd_dog wrote:

SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONE with Alliant CU, they STINK, I see the new year alliant-less for me, started pulling money from savings account there.....At least that will be yet another CC gone......EEEEEEWWWWWW they have me so mad.......AHHHHHHHH  better now.....Hope your up coming week is a great one! Don't app or you will get coal in your stocking and all your store CC will cease to function!!

Wait what? Smiley Happy

Did they deny you for an application?  This be the Garden thread yo, they did you a favor just sayin' Smiley Happy

Tongue-in-cheek aside what happened?  Haven't done that much with Alliant over the years since I did the ancient SSL trick (and recently realized with the auto loan having been sorted, might as well take one for the team and test 3ish lenders) but they always seemed pretty quality to me.  Up to 2% now savings rate if one cares about such things according to the email I got today too.

        
Message 98 of 7,269
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Wonder what I'm going to get myself or pay off since my bday is coming up shortly.... Hmm with the current redacting AvgJoes been up to, maybe hes getting me a surprise for next week....  Hes actually doing *better* with Langley than I will be at a certain CU.... 

Been having a fling with Murphy lately which I really would like to be over and done with... (thats just my luck though)...

-J

Message 99 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all *waves broadly*,

I am not sure if I'm ready for the garden yet (although the food looks good).
Here is my situation: I have a very thin file, as I lived out of the country off and on and always relied on cash. My current file looks like this:
1 inquiry on TU and 2 showing on EQ
Student loan - currently in repayment. Never late. 5 years old +
Discover it secured - 1 month old. 1% uti
FedEx secured cc - 7 months old
Cap 1 app in process
2 - 4 baddies depending on the file. One is a medical collection of $30. This one irritates me because I had insurance at the time and the OC and I have gone back and forth because they have never charged the insurance (first excuse was they were unaware of the insurance at the time, now it's that it's so old that I needed to provide them a Load Letter from the carrier showing the insurance at that date, which I have done numerous times).
One is an od Verizon bill in which they never applied a rebate, etc. Basically, all small (and petty).
My AAoA is 2 years. I'm hoping the Cap 1 app is approved (they requested additional documentation). If Cap 1 is approved then I feel pretty confident with the 3 cards and student loan increasing my AAoA and score.

My concern is that my FedEx secured card is a low limit card and the only way for it to graduate is a hard pull at the end of February. I don't want to join the garden if I know that a hard pull is in my future. FedEx is not my favorite and I wish I had known this before. They told me they even HP for their share secured loans. The only positive is that their interest rate is super low on the card, although I PIF every month.

Any advice? Is it worth waiting to garden (temptation is high out here in the cold), or should I just buck up and join the garden knowing that I won't be able to convert this card for a year (that's my gardening goal).

Message 100 of 7,269
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.