Re: Garden Club - December 2018

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@macinjosh wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@macinjosh wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I doubt they are as bad as Amex in that regard but even its quite likely even if I start building a relationship with them again that I will never get past low limits and high APRs for sure. People with much better scores than mine get stuck in $500 hell with US Bank and that's BEFORE burning them in a BK.

And yet with no relationship with them at all, they gave me $1,300. I was shocked when so many people with much better credit files have $500 SL's.

Honestly all of these banks are very much YMMV. My experiences with NFCU absolutely baffle people with much better credit than me and baffle me too quite honestly - never in my wildest dreams did I expect someone with my profile to get 7.99% on a card and I certainly didn't expect to end up where I am with them in terms of total credit extended being pretty much max possible exposure for my income in less than 100 days since my first card with them.

But US Bank will definitely remember me burning them. I may stand a chance to rebuild when my bankruptcy falls off in 2020 but for now I won't even waste the app. Same goes for BoA (although quite frankly I could care less since their card is actually what pushed me to have to file to begin with).

BoA is wacky. They rejected a 2nd business card because the person applying, personal guarantor, had an old Reserve LOC from USB fall off her credit file (it was closed from non use), which shortened her AAoA to about 1 1/2 years. They ultimately opened the card because we pulled CL off the first card to fund the 2nd, and even got an extra $1,000 CL while doing it.

Can we please have just a wee bit less app talk 

Let's talk cinnamon rolls. Ooey, gooey, cream cheese frosting covered, spicy goodness.

I'll take Things I Can No Longer Eat Due To Diabetes for $200, Alex.

ezgif.com-optimize (14).gif

Message 3711 of 7,269
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I might be able to get into bed by 10:30pm. 🤯

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3712 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slow night around here.  Dinner just showed up here on the left coast.  See yall in a few.

Message 3713 of 7,269
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Yes it is slow on here tonight.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 3714 of 7,269
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m finally joining, just in time for the new year! First time here and I must say it’s pretty nice. Love the decor. Hoping to get comfy until December 2020. Here we go!
Message 3715 of 7,269
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous to the Garden, @gbyte.  Pringles and beverages are in the small cabin off to the side.

+++++

So, I just sent Experian an email requesting cancellation of its free Credit Monitoring service.

Why?  It comes at too high a cost -- Identity Monitoring, a bloated, inscrutable service (in my humble and respectful opinion) with unhelpful, intrusive email alerts that one can't disable.

Oh, and I took a terrific loaf of bread out of the oven a little after 4 this morning.

I so have issues. 

I think I'll go shower and (carefully) shave. 

I probably should not operate heavy machinery today.  Possibly any and all  machinery.

DS comes home tomorrow to visit for a week.  This makes DW and me happy.  I'd best get a good night's sleep tonight.

Have a good one, campers.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 3716 of 7,269
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

So, while I do have to work a lot over the next couple of weeks (server maintenance, etc) - I have no more meetings this year.

So I don't have to go downtown to the office until Jan 2.

Win.

It’s busy season at work. My older iPad (Air 2 with 16GB) can’t handle all the apps I use should I need to telecommute. Working east coast hours helps, but still makes for a long day. At least I was smart enough to ask for vacation on Monday since we’ll be open.

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 3717 of 7,269
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Good morning boys and girls.

No credit news to report, last credit card statement should cut today, and hopefully update to the CRAs by the end of the week.  Smiley Happy

@Remedios  STILL doesn't have an Amex.  Smiley Tongue

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3718 of 7,269
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m finally joining, just in time for the new year! First time here and I must say it’s pretty nice. Love the decor. Hoping to get comfy until December 2020. Here we go!

Hi @Anonymous, welcome to the Garden Club! welcome.gif

Message 3719 of 7,269
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@expatCanuck wrote:
Whether there's a dip or a bump is situational. Going from no/minimal to some/more credit could result in a bump.

There is a joke in there, but I'm not touching it. 

uncle-ben-clutches-pearls.jpg

smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 3720 of 7,269
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.