tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - February 2019

@UncleB wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Necessary for wireless charging. 

I see the convenience of it but I honestly couldn't care less for that til they fix the charging rates for it.

I have a wireless charger, but it's just too easy to plug the cable directly into the phone itself (not to mention wired charging is faster).

For me, wireless charging is a solution looking for a problem; I'd rather have a plastic/removable back any day.

The hope the phone companies have is a port-less future. I personally will never buy a phone with no port. 

Message 4671 of 8,455
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@macinjosh wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
Store thing done. I bought everything but the things on my list because list stayed at home 😐

I am more of a mess than people who drink Listerine for decades.

um.. you dont put the list on your notepad on your smartphone? 🤔

I don’t know how we lived before smartphones 😂 

Smoke signals! smiley-laughing021.gif

It’s so weird because we grew up during the transition period from no tech to all tech. Like when I was a teenager, I was one of the few who had his own cell phone at 17 and we weren’t afraid to go places without our phones. This is something that those even three years younger will never understand. 

But we also had a tendency to leave the grocery lists at home 😂 

i had a beeper!

So you were a drug dealer

what? no we all just thought we were cool! 😂

So did the drug dealers. 

Message 4672 of 8,455
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
Store thing done. I bought everything but the things on my list because list stayed at home 😐

I enjoyed life before smartphones. Seems like we had more time in the day. Probably because we didn't spend half of it with our faces buried in our phones. I also miss not being blown up 5 seconds after missing a call. People are still amazed I don't carry my phone with me everywhere I go. 

I get separation anxiety when I don’t carry my phone with me. Even from room to room it can get quite bad. It’s really quite awful how much I depend on my phone. 

people ONLY call/text when i walk away from my phone.. i feel ya!

should have seen my phone the first week i went back to work after being laid off 2 1/2 months. i had to put do not disturb on 😂

Message 4673 of 8,455
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

No, I keep dropping phone while shopping, so now it stays in the pocket/purse. 

Two of them met horrible deaths that way. 

2 words - otter box

I can see this for tablets but not phones at least for me. Too bulky otherwise.

Pay $1000 for the phone you'll never really see. 

This ^^^ is my problem with the big, bulky cases (that and how they won't fit in your pocket, of course).

I ended up going with a rather cheap one for my S9, but it's worked out quite well... so far the phone still looks brand new.  Smiley Happy

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078B3HY3N

I just effing hate how these new phones are going full glass even on the back. So stupid. Smiley Indifferent

Please...my last 3 phones had wireless charging using plastic and metal backs. The 4th oldest just need the back cover changed or add the circuit to the existing back.

People (myself included) were sick of plastic toy looking phones from Samsung. I bought the HTC One M7, M8, 10, and U11 phones because they weren’t plastic. I’m indifferent for the most part about glass since I put my phones in a thick case anyway but I would never carry a plastic toy phone again so glass is here to stay as long as the wireless fad is alive and well. 

Message 4674 of 8,455
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I enjoyed life before smartphones. Seems like we had more time in the day. Probably because we didn't spend half of it with our faces buried in our phones. I also miss not being blown up 5 seconds after missing a call. People are still amazed I don't carry my phone with me everywhere I go. 

I get separation anxiety when I don’t carry my phone with me. Even from room to room it can get quite bad. It’s really quite awful how much I depend on my phone. 

people ONLY call/text when i walk away from my phone.. i feel ya!

should have seen my phone the first week i went back to work after being laid off 2 1/2 months. i had to put do not disturb on 😂

Ha! I feel ya! My roommates have DND bypass set and a really loud alert too so I don’t miss their messages when I’m sleeping so when I am in therapy or something I have to turn the ringer switch off lol. 

Message 4675 of 8,455
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Boo! I'm back....had a 15 min. cat nap. Dh gone, hahaha So I'm your problem tonightSmiley LOL  Gotta catch up on everything....like 4 or 5 pages, y'all are quick.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4676 of 8,455
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

2 words - otter box

This ^^^ is my problem with the big, bulky cases (that and how they won't fit in your pocket, of course).

I ended up going with a rather cheap one for my S9, but it's worked out quite well... so far the phone still looks brand new.  Smiley Happy

I just effing hate how these new phones are going full glass even on the back. So stupid. Smiley Indifferent

Please...my last 3 phones had wireless charging using plastic and metal backs. The 4th oldest just need the back cover changed or add the circuit to the existing back.

People (myself included) were sick of plastic toy looking phones from Samsung. I bought the HTC One M7, M8, 10, and U11 phones because they weren’t plastic. I’m indifferent for the most part about glass since I put my phones in a thick case anyway but I would never carry a plastic toy phone again so glass is here to stay as long as the wireless fad is alive and well. 

What does toy looking have anything to do with necessitating glass for wireless charging? 3 out of the 4 were metal. The 4th was metal with a rubberized plastic back. Only 1 of my phones was a Samsung. You don't need glass for wireless charging, it's purely cosmetic, and a stupid idea for a piece of tech that people drop all the time.

Message 4677 of 8,455
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

2 words - otter box

Haha omg me too, in black 

Message 4678 of 8,455
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

2 words - otter box

What does toy looking have anything to do with necessitating glass for wireless charging? 3 out of the 4 were metal. The 4th was metal with a rubberized plastic back. Only 1 of my phones was a Samsung. You don't need glass for wireless charging, it's purely cosmetic, and a stupid idea for a piece of tech that people drop all the time.

Metal interferes with wireless charging. It creates too much extra heat which means that charging has to be slowed down even more than the woefully inefficient charging that already comes from wireless. That’s why they switched materials was to get faster charging speeds at lower heat. You know, so that temperamental lithium cobalt batteries don’t go into thermal runaway and explode. 

Message 4679 of 8,455
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Image result for here we go meme

(ETA:  All we need now is a good Apple vs. Android discussion... LOL)

Message 4680 of 8,455
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.