Did you mean: 

Garden Club - February 2022

tag
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - February 2022

Good afternoon, Gardeners.

So ...

Mail today: two identical letters from the Virginia Employment Commission requesting claimant identity verification.

I have (thankfully) never submitted an unemployment compensation claim in these United States.

Identity theft reported.  Currently combing through my 'big three' credit reports (which, thankfully, I keep frozen).

And earlier today, I had yet another fun discussion with my medical insurer stating, yet again, that benefits with my prior insurer ended early December last year.

FICO.

How's your Friday going?

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 91 of 757
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@expatCanuck wrote:

Good afternoon, Gardeners.

So ...

Mail today: two identical letters from the Virginia Employment Commission requesting claimant identity verification.

I have (thankfully) never submitted an unemployment compensation claim in these United States.

Identity theft reported.  Currently combing through my 'big three' credit reports (which, thankfully, I keep frozen).

And earlier today, I had yet another fun discussion with my medical insurer stating, yet again, that benefits with my prior insurer ended early December last year.

FICO.

How's your Friday going?

Don't want to point fingers, but Tmobile, who bought Sprint, had a huge hack last fall. All my info has been found on the dark web since, to include DOB, SSN, DL#, Ph#. I think you said that you used them at some point.

All my bureaus are frozen, but don't know what to do about any agency that doesn't do two factor verification. Live with constant fear stoked by predisposed neurosis, I suppose. Wish I could sue them for the stress they caused.

Message 92 of 757
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Thanks, @kilroy8.

T-Mo is indeed our cell provider.

That said, my data was compromised at least as early as the Equifax hack.  And doubtless others along the way.

Follow best practices, keep eyes open.  Where possible, every card is set up to email and text me upon use.

So it goes ...

Equifax report reviewed; appears clean.

[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
Message 93 of 757
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@expatCanuck wrote:

Thanks, @kilroy8.

That said, my data was compromised at least as early as the Equifax hack.  And doubtless others along the way.

Follow best practices, keep eyes open.  Where possible, every card is set up to email and text me upon use.

So it goes ...

My info had been leaked before, in bits and pieces though. Tmobile hack resulted in ALL the data available at one convenient place. Was millions, not hundreds of millions like EQ, but a bigger depth of data. They can really take over a person's life with all they have from Tmobile.

Message 94 of 757
mgood
Valued Contributor

It was 10 degrees here this morning. I haven't been outside since Wednesday afternoon when I came home from work. Up to 30 now though.

I locked froze my credit reports for the first time. With all this talk of information leaks, it's something I've been meaning to do. But mostly it's to protect me from me. Maybe if I start applying for something, by the time I can unlock thaw everything I'll reconsider. I have to get more serious about gardening.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 24
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 95 of 757
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Gardening good.

In 2-3 months, my EX score should again be dark green.

Six pulls bad.

In fashion news, I'm currently wearing the hoodie that my son used when he was about 15 (now 25). I know this only because of the nametag.  But for the slightly snug hood, it fits.

Seen here in his 21st year:IMG_20220204_150546.jpg

[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
Message 96 of 757
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

good morning everyone.  Today is Payday!!!

Nuthin' interesting on the credit front.

with all the rain and temps reaching the mid-40s yesterday the snow really took a beating.  It was also pretty foggy driving around last night.

Right now it's 29F and sleeting - better than freezing rain.  Tomorrow night it should drop to about 5F and on Sunday night, at or just below 0.

Enjoy your Friday!

Good day to cuddle up and keep your four legged friends near  Smiley Happy

Today's a workday so cuddling up wasn't happening but I did have at least 1 footwarmer nearby for most of the day - right now SweetPea is curled up just to the right of my feet having a light snooze. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 97 of 757
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@mgood wrote:

It was 10 degrees here this morning. I haven't been outside since Wednesday afternoon when I came home from work. Up to 30 now though.

I locked my credit reports for the first time. With all this talk of information leaks, it's something I've been meaning to do. But mostly it's to protect me from me. Maybe if I start applying for something, by the time I can unlock everything I'll reconsider. I have to get more serious about gardening.

Keep in mind that a lock is a private agreement between yourself and the CRA and if they screw up and improperly release data at best you'll need to engage an attorney to get relief.  From a data protection standpoint a freeze is preferable because an improper disclosure is a federal regulatory compliance failure. 

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 98 of 757
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@kilroy8 wrote:

@expatCanuck wrote:

Thanks, @kilroy8.

So it goes ...

My info had been leaked before, in bits and pieces though. Tmobile hack resulted in ALL the data available at one convenient place. Was millions, not hundreds of millions like EQ, but a bigger depth of data. They can really take over a person's life with all they have from Tmobile.

Yup. My SSN and driver's license was finally leaked thanks to them. They shouldn't be allowed to settle with 4 or 5 years of credit protection. This is now a lifetime issue.

Message 99 of 757
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Went from rain to sleet to freezing rain and back to sleet here today.  I'm going to have to go clear out about 1" of sleet before it turns cold and I'll need skates to negotiate my driveway.

The snow here did take a real beating here over the last ~48 hours. 

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 100 of 757
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.