Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - January 2019

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club - January 2019

Monthly checkin.  As noted in last month's thread December was absolutely crazy both financially and credit-wise.

This month while I'm not strategizing quite as hardcore on finances as I was last month, did the math and if am not lazy and work 2 years and then walk away from my career, even if I don't earn another dime I get something like 1930/mo in today's money for social security... and if I work another TWENTY years after that, it only increases to 3146/month.  Just doesn't seem worth it, so going to wind up doing the math of how much I really need figuring I'll do something which defrays expenses for the rest of my life, but will be chasing something more socially redeeming than simply making rich people richer as my current working life boils down to.  Also have to figure out if I want to try to do that in California or just move somewhere that's cheaper and has a university that I can basically start over in.

Paid off nearly 10% of my aggregate debt last month, reduced my max APR from 17% to 5%, and took my average APR from 4.02% to 3.48% which is a pretty huge win across the board in my book.

Short term goal is to finish airstriking my HELOC in the next six or so weeks financially, and try to max out my 401k in 3 months again in case my work situation falls apart; credit wise going to be in the garden till at least 1/1/2020 and probably beyond as I think the credit market has reached it's high point in terms of rewards and chasing SUB's just doesn't seem worthwhile to me.

Anyway I hope everyone's 2018 was great, and that 2019 will be even better!  As always best of luck to all in sticking with your credit and financial plans.

        
Message 71 of 8,831
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Someone tell @UncleB I need that drop down box

@Brian_Earl_Spilner what do you want added?

Whadya got? What's included in the premium package?

Well, there's the ever-popular laughing smiley, screamer, grandpa, goodnight, and too many others to list here. Smiley Happy

I'll take the deluxe package and will subscribe to the season pass for additional DLC when it becomes available.

Alrighty, @Brian_Earl_Spilner... you should have a drop-down box next to your quote button.  Smiley Wink

Don't say I never gave you anything!  Smiley Very Happy

More than I ever gave him smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 72 of 8,831
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

PhotoGrid_1546319553696.jpg

I suddenly want to just let my  Soul Glo.

I believe the children are our future, treat them well and let them lead the way

ezgif.com-optimize (16).gif

Message 73 of 8,831
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh yeah @Anonymous......it just came back to me. You had a great trip in the dirty dirty and tried Chick Fil A. 😀

We have had warm weather here lately, but today it was warm with tornado watches. Thankfully, nothing touched down. I’ll still take it over cold and snow 😝

Image result for amen meme squirrel

Message 74 of 8,831
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh yeah @Anonymous......it just came back to me. You had a great trip in the dirty dirty and tried Chick Fil A. 😀

We have had warm weather here lately, but today it was warm with tornado watches. Thankfully, nothing touched down. I’ll still take it over cold and snow 😝

Yikes! I'm glad none of them touched down! I can't even imagine what tornados are like in real life. Smiley Indifferent

Message 75 of 8,831
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Well, there's the ever-popular laughing smiley, screamer, grandpa, goodnight, and too many others to list here. Smiley Happy

I'll take the deluxe package and will subscribe to the season pass for additional DLC when it becomes available.

Alrighty, @Brian_Earl_Spilner... you should have a drop-down box next to your quote button.  Smiley Wink

More than I ever gave him smiley-laughing021.gif

not the mama.jpg

Not true..  just think of all the years of therapy he'll need. 

Message 76 of 8,831
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Can I have the deluxe package too?

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 77 of 8,831
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yikes! I'm glad none of them touched down! I can't even imagine what tornados are like in real life. Smiley Indifferent

I got to see my first one when I lived with my dad in Louisiana. They’re all running from it and I watched it rip the roof off the neighbor’s trailer and toss it in our yard and then jump away. 

It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen, I love storms. 

And yes I got yelled at and grounded and whatever for not heading for shelter but whatever, it was worth it. Smiley Very Happy

And the neighbor was a terrible person so it was like instant karma. 

Message 78 of 8,831
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@macinjosh wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Can I have the deluxe package too?

You already had most of the good ones, but I added a couple more.  Smiley Wink

Message 79 of 8,831
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Thanks! wavey_zps81xnuobx.gif

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 80 of 8,831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.