Did you mean: 

Garden Club - January 2019

tag
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club - January 2019

@Anonymous wrote:

@expatCanuck wrote:

...I've always marvelled that many folks consume cauliflower voluntarily.

Actually.  It's quite tasty depending on the preparation:

Option 1: Warmed and drowned in melted cheese

Option 2: Raw dipped in ranch or melted cheese

IMO cauliflower takes on the taste of whatever it is cooked with, covered or dipped in.   It has very little taste of it's own, I believe it is the texture that many people don't like. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 2921 of 8,831
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Working 7 days a week?! I couldn’t do it, no matter what it paid off. Yikes!

I envy your innocence. I truly do.

I don’t know about innocence so much as stubbornness. I always managed to get out of mandatory overtime if it meant I had to work 7 days because if I don’t have a down day to recuperate from the work week, my productivity and attitude spiral quickly. I’m not built to just work, I need a balance. 

I did almost as poorly with split days off as I did working 7 days straight. 

You're lucky to even have the option of avoiding overtime and straight days working in whatever profession/job you have. Some people decidely cannot decide whether to work on schedules like that whether it's voluntarily or politely requested hence my "innocence" comment there. I do acknowledge that schedules like that are not for everyone but again some people don't have a choice in the matter.

I was working 60-80 hour weeks, 6-7 days, during the holidays.

I normally work about 5 hours of OT per week.   That isn't bad at all and bumps the paycheck a little.   There are times when I work 60 hours a week and that gets to be a little much if it goes on for more than a couple of weeks.

I am spoiled now I used to work 60+ on a regular basis and since I was slaried I didn't get any extra pay for it.  I much prefer my job now. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Message 2922 of 8,831
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
Simply, that's just creepy. I would have clutched my purse and ran

....ran so far away 🎵🎵🎵

We got pearl cluthers and purse clutchers. What else are people clutching?

At least 2 of the 5 things we don't talk about?

Either my math is wrong or some of you are really weird

We all know you don't do math thats why Remedios still dosen't have an Amex. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Message 2923 of 8,831
Anonymous
Not applicable

just went to walmart to buy stuff to make a roast in the instant pot.. normally use self-checkout but i needed stamps

cashier says 😱🙀.. puts the fear of God into me and lady at next register about using it😂...i mean seriously you guys have all used it with no problems so

tips? tricks?... ready! go!
Message 2924 of 8,831
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

@Remedios

What’s the deal I keep hearing about you and Amex? If you don’t mind sharing a quick back story that is? I figured since I’m “Officially” in the garden and everyone keeps given you a hard time🤣,I’m curious??🤔🤔🤔

BTW, if you want, I can call Frankie “No-Neck” from Da Bronx and Joey “Bag-a-Donuts” from Brooklyn, ta go down dere ta AMEX and sees about get’n ya one adose Amex cards? Ya know...smack’em around lil bit, kapeesh?

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 2925 of 8,831
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@calyx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@expatCanuck wrote:

...I've always marvelled that many folks consume cauliflower voluntarily.

Actually.  It's quite tasty depending on the preparation:

Option 1: Warmed and drowned in melted cheese

Option 2: Raw dipped in ranch or melted cheese

Cauliflower is my 2nd or 3rd favorite veggie (after zucchini... and maybe artichokes).   

Just saw one of my colleagues have General Tso's Cauliflower with her lunch the other day. She told me that it tasted like General Tso's Chicken. It looked a lot like it as well. The only problem is that the sauce typically has a lot of sugar, so that's a no-no for me.  

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 2926 of 8,831
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
just went to walmart to buy stuff to make a roast in the instant pot.. normally use self-checkout but i needed stamps

cashier says 😱🙀.. puts the fear of God into me and lady at next register about using it😂...i mean seriously you guys have all used it with no problems so

I've never had problems with self-checkout at other places, but I don't shop there.  Oh, were you talking about the Instant Pot?  No cause for alarm, there's like 10 different safety mechanisms on those things.  Just make sure you spin the knob up top to "seal" before starting it, and if you decide to do a quick release, use a pot holder to spin that same knob to "release" and keep the rest of your body far away from the steam that is going to come out.  Instant Pot is very, very safe.  Much safer than Walmart.

Message 2927 of 8,831
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've never had problems with self-checkout at other places, but I don't shop there.  Oh, were you talking about the Instant Pot?  No cause for alarm, there's like 10 different safety mechanisms on those things.  Just make sure you spin the knob up top to "seal" before starting it, and if you decide to do a quick release, use a pot holder to spin that same knob to "release" and keep the rest of your body far away from the steam that is going to come out.  Instant Pot is very, very safe.  Much safer than Walmart.

smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 2928 of 8,831
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Brooklyn2018 wrote:
@Remedios

What’s the deal I keep hearing about you and Amex? If you don’t mind sharing a quick back story that is? I figured since I’m “Officially” in the garden and everyone keeps given you a hard time, I’m curious??🤔🤔🤔

BTW, if you want, I can call Frankie “No-Neck” from Da Bronx and Joey “Bag-a-Donuts” from Brooklyn, ta go down dere ta AMEX and sees about get’n ya one adose Amex cards? Ya know...smack’em around lil bit, kapeesh?

Well, there are only few of us in the garden without one, so it's kinda a joke. I cannot remember exactly how it started, tho. I think during one NyQuil fueled night, I might have said *I'm drop dead gorgeous without one*.

NyQuil+Typing=Double Bad.

I dont want one because core revolves are bleh, and I have not decided yet on cobranded card.

Everything else requires math and I dont math. 

Also, I am in a dog house with all the new accounts for the time being.

Plus, I dont need their TY points smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 2929 of 8,831
bluntco
Valued Contributor

DD2 and grandnoodle are somewhere in the sky @39k feet over the midwest/south this morning, headed to Tampa, looks like they have about 2 hours remaining. #2 & #4 arrived safely yesterday morning. Same flight, different day.
NoCo has a heavy drizzle this morning, high of 33. I think it's snowing in Denver. I'm not there yet.

DD2 had her lung biopsy on Monday. We have not been informed of any results as of yesterday.
I'm not sure what to think. She moved in with us ( again) last week after things went sour with her BF and his family( where they were living) . They are getting along better being a non couple, which is best for the noodle.
Since she was in hospital 2x in December for pneumonia and now all this, she's very depressed, fatigued.... she's lost a 20lbs since she was released from the last hospital stay.
I'm terribly worried because her cough hasn't subsided and all these other symptoms i'm seeing. Maybe the dr will call today
She took her nebulizer with and I think the FL atmosphere might help a bit too?

No credit news at all.. We do however have a house to ourselves , for the first time, ever. Minus the dog.
Maui countdown is 10 days 😀😀😀
Message 2930 of 8,831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.