Garden Club - January 2019

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Garden Club - January 2019

@tcbofade wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

I'm still working eight days a week for the next 80 days or so...

You can do it! You're so close to your goals! 👍👍

No worries, dear.  I'm good!

I'm planning to keep job B through March, but we'll see when Spring actually arrives...  Generally, March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.  Sometimes, winter lasts until May.  Smiley Indifferent

...when the weather improves, I'm taking the summer off

As you should! 👍👍

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2971 of 8,831
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I need some extra strength something right now before I go put another TU pull on the fire... I gotta stay out of the CC approvals forum... I feel like I’m in withdrawal and need my credit fix! 😱 

Don't do it!!!

myfico-anti-itch.png

Message 2972 of 8,831
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@bluntco wrote:
DD2 and grandnoodle are somewhere in the sky @39k feet over the midwest/south this morning, headed to Tampa, looks like they have about 2 hours remaining. #2 & #4 arrived safely yesterday morning. Same flight, different day.
NoCo has a heavy drizzle this morning, high of 33. I think it's snowing in Denver. I'm not there yet.

DD2 had her lung biopsy on Monday. We have not been informed of any results as of yesterday.
I'm not sure what to think. She moved in with us ( again) last week after things went sour with her BF and his family( where they were living) . They are getting along better being a non couple, which is best for the noodle.
Since she was in hospital 2x in December for pneumonia and now all this, she's very depressed, fatigued.... she's lost a 20lbs since she was released from the last hospital stay.
I'm terribly worried because her cough hasn't subsided and all these other symptoms i'm seeing. Maybe the dr will call today
She took her nebulizer with and I think the FL atmosphere might help a bit too?

No credit news at all.. We do however have a house to ourselves , for the first time, ever. Minus the dog.
Maui countdown is 10 days 😀😀😀

Fingers crossed on the biopsy. Enjoy the relative peace & quiet!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2973 of 8,831
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I need some extra strength something right now before I go put another TU pull on the fire... I gotta stay out of the CC approvals forum... I feel like I’m in withdrawal and need my credit fix! 😱 

1d6vv2

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 2974 of 8,831
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't do it!!!

myfico-anti-itch.png

Oh my! I would certainly hope that would do it lol. 

Message 2975 of 8,831
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

The little one sleep solid all night but woke up with a low grade fever. The acetaminophen for her leg soreness knocked the fever down. The toddler was in a good mood this morning but her cough seems to be making a reappearance.

I had a call from a number I didn't recognize yesterday afternoon, but no voicemail popped up. This morning, a voicemail is showing and it's the lab supervisor - she wants to set up for an interview next week. I called back and left a voicemail on her phone. Let's see how long we'll play phone tag. 😕

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2976 of 8,831
thectdude

My first trip to the garden - the first month has been a breeze...the goal 12 months in the Garden....hope I have a good set of tools to help keep me here for the year!!!...Hope all are having a great New Year!!!

Message 2977 of 8,831
Anonymous
Not applicable

@calyx wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
just went to walmart to buy stuff to make a roast in the instant pot.. normally use self-checkout but i needed stamps

cashier says 😱🙀.. puts the fear of God into me and lady at next register about using it😂...i mean seriously you guys have all used it with no problems so

tips? tricks?... ready! go!

Let the roast brown under your broiler while you get the other stuff ready in the IP. Put the meat on top of everything, last in the pot.  The meat doesn't have to be covered with liquid. There will be more liquid when finished cooking than when you start. It comes from the meat. Set the instant pot to 20-30 min, 20 is fine, but 30 makes things absorb flavors a bit more.

I use the IP several times a week - I don't think it makes cooking faster, overall, so much as it lets you do other stuff while it's cooking.
I never use any of the programs (manual setting only), and don't forget to use it for thinks that take longer to cook like spaghetti squash, artichokes, etc (those are definitely faster and easier).
Also, it's great for eggs, soft or hard boiled, depending on the setting (the trick with eggs is to take the inner bowl out and fill it with cold water/ice to stop the eggs from cooking more than you want).

It's good for blending flavors quicker (like, say, chili, pho, bone broth), but if it's a dish that you need thickened (chilis, chowders), use less water up front since the liquids don't simmer down.

*will never make any of those things*

Message 2978 of 8,831
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@thectdude wrote:

My first trip to the garden - the first month has been a breeze...the goal 12 months in the Garden....hope I have a good set of tools to help keep me here for the year!!!...Hope all are having a great New Year!!!

Welcome to the Garden Club!  One down, eleven to go.  You can do it!

(Also, I fixed your bronze spade for you.  Until you hit a certain rank, you can't add HTML to your signature.)

Message 2979 of 8,831
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am super aggravated- still no call or email from the onboarding lady at aaa

i dont want to be a pain but idk what to do its like im stuck in limbo.. 

gah

Message 2980 of 8,831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.