already over it
Message 3031 of 8,831
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - January 2019

@Jnbmom wrote:

@expatCanuck wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Well my DD just left to go back to college for her second semester 😢 This is her second year at UVA go hoos, it was so nice to have her home , I will miss her. It never seems to get easier lol.

She is going to be majoring in speech pathology /communications and hopefully gets accepted into the Curry school program. She also applied for a paid internship for a rehab center which also deals with disabilities,  she got an email today and has an interview next week. 

Cross your fingers this would be a wonderful opportunity for herSmiley Happy

Fingers crossed.  Current hoping that DS can find a suitable Master's program.  He just learned that he's waitlisted at Columbia, so we're cautiously optimistic that he'll find something appropriate somewhere.

Crossing fingers for you as well.  What is he getting his masters in?

Thanks.  He graduated with a dual major - Environmental Science and Political Science.  His wheelhouse is Environmental Policy, so something in a related vein.  While his grades were okay (B overall), he's had a paper published (Columbia), an academic internship (Georgetown/NSF) and a post-grad internship (Parliament of Canada), so he's a competitive candidate.

Needless to say, he's so much more capable and smarter than his father that it sometimes makes my head spin -- but it's all good.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 3032 of 8,831
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
i cooked it for the time it said and the meat is barely cooked in the middle 😡

already over it

How long did you cook it?

Message 3033 of 8,831
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

already over it

i followed the recipe in the book that CAME WITH the stupid thing not the one my stepmother gave me.. 40 minutes, then added the potatoes and carrots and cooked it 10 more minutes..

so i just put it in 10 more minutes. if its not cooked now im done and ordering pizza

Message 3034 of 8,831
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

already over it

i followed the recipe in the book that CAME WITH the stupid thing not the one my stepmother gave me.. 40 minutes, then added the potatoes and carrots and cooked it 10 more minutes..

so i just put it in 10 more minutes. if its not cooked now im done and ordering pizza

its done and its ok.. but i cant imagine going through all that on a weeknight after work! geez

Message 3035 of 8,831
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

already over it

its done and its ok.. but i cant imagine going through all that on a weeknight after work! geez

Well, I put 2 big beef pot roasts and veggies in my instant pot Stu and the timer just now started. 20 min cook time, 5 min depressurize and nom, nom, nom ....

He hasn't failed me yet.

Was your meat frozen or really big and thick or something?

Message 3036 of 8,831
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

already over it

Well, I put 2 big beef pot roasts and veggies in my instant pot Stu and the timer just now started. 20 min cook time, 5 min depressurize and nom, nom, nom ....

He hasn't failed me yet.

Was your meat frozen or really big and thick or something?

no not frozen and it was 3lbs

Message 3037 of 8,831
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Brooklyn2018 wrote:
@Remedios

What’s the deal I keep hearing about you and Amex? If you don’t mind sharing a quick back story that is? I figured since I’m “Officially” in the garden and everyone keeps given you a hard time, I’m curious??🤔🤔🤔

BTW, if you want, I can call Frankie “No-Neck” from Da Bronx and Joey “Bag-a-Donuts” from Brooklyn, ta go down dere ta AMEX and sees about get’n ya one adose Amex cards? Ya know...smack’em around lil bit, kapeesh?

Well, there are only few of us in the garden without one, so it's kinda a joke. I cannot remember exactly how it started, tho. I think during one NyQuil fueled night, I might have said *I'm drop dead gorgeous without one*.

NyQuil+Typing=Double Bad.

I dont want one because core revolves are bleh, and I have not decided yet on cobranded card.

Everything else requires math and I dont math. 

Also, I am in a dog house with all the new accounts for the time being.

Plus, I dont need their TY points smiley-laughing021.gif

With or without one.  Smiley Wink

Even as an admitted fanboy, I totally agree that there are many better options for cashback cards.  Membership Rewards for most things aren't that complex, like straight transfers to airline and hotel partners, or just booking travel through Amex Travel and using MRs to offset the price or pay in full.  It gets to be math and a lot of work when you're trying to get outsized value from them by booking a transpacific flight in first or business class from the US on an Asian airline using miles with an airline based in Australia or Singapore or India, but you need to check award availability through an airline based in the UK to see if the Asian airline even has seats available.  If you can live with getting good or very good value without effectively getting 73% back on all purchases by redeeming MRs for $25,000 flights, it's nowhere near as complex!  But I always try to caution people to at least have some sort of plan on how to use Membership Rewards before they ever commit to the relationship.

I wanna go fast

Message 3038 of 8,831
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@expatCanuck wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@expatCanuck wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Well my DD just left to go back to college for her second semester 😢 This is her second year at UVA go hoos, it was so nice to have her home , I will miss her. It never seems to get easier lol.

She is going to be majoring in speech pathology /communications and hopefully gets accepted into the Curry school program. She also applied for a paid internship for a rehab center which also deals with disabilities,  she got an email today and has an interview next week. 

Cross your fingers this would be a wonderful opportunity for herSmiley Happy

Fingers crossed.  Current hoping that DS can find a suitable Master's program.  He just learned that he's waitlisted at Columbia, so we're cautiously optimistic that he'll find something appropriate somewhere.

Crossing fingers for you as well.  What is he getting his masters in?

Thanks.  He graduated with a dual major - Environmental Science and Political Science.  His wheelhouse is Environmental Policy, so something in a related vein.  While his grades were okay (B overall), he's had a paper published (Columbia), an academic internship (Georgetown/NSF) and a post-grad internship (Parliament of Canada), so he's a competitive candidate.

Needless to say, he's so much more capable and smarter than his father that it sometimes makes my head spin -- but it's all good.

Wow you must be so proud ,sounds like you have a very smart and driven sonSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3039 of 8,831
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Go see e-dad so he can wash your mouth with e-soap! 

Capture.PNG

Need to restock first!

They're on sale, and if I buy 6 I'll get free shipping and 3000 Balance Rewards from Walgreens.

Plus I get 6 SkyMiles per dollar shopping through SkyMiles Shopping, 5 URs per dollar on Chase Freedom, and I can use $5 in Balance Rewards. 

Net, that should work out to be about $23 for $48 worth of bar soap.  Should be enough to keep that mouth clean until he moves out of our basement!

Can you pick one of them manly soaps? 

We used sensitive skin  one on Brian and look how he turned out... Smiley Frustrated

My skin is so soooooft.

Message 3040 of 8,831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.