Did you mean: 

Garden Club - January 2019

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - January 2019

ugh! Calling all tech savvy peeps!

My parents cable went out with the 5 in of snow sitting on top of their dish on their roof. How can my Dad watch the Chiefs game today? They have iPads..lol. Im no help to them.

I thought about spraying off their dish with a hose, but its 33 out and would freeze?? LOL.. help?
Message 3251 of 8,831
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

I'm not kidding - these days it is cheaper to feed them healthy real food than the healthy pet food.

Indeed - it's often fried chicken livers for the hound -- much cheaper than good dog food.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 3252 of 8,831
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

My parents cable went out with the 5 in of snow sitting on top of their dish on their roof. How can my Dad watch the Chiefs game today? They have iPads..lol. Im no help to them.

I thought about spraying off their dish with a hose, but its 33 out and would freeze?? LOL.. help?

Dish's official line would tell you to go out there with a broom and gently knock the snow off (because if you throw the dish out of alignment, they will charge you for a service call to fix it).

They can alternatively check out a free trial for something like https://www.fubo.tv/ which specializes in sports or check out YouTube TV, Hulu Live TV, PlayStation Vue (doesn't require a PlayStation, stupid name), etc if they have the channel the game is on (local channels vary amongst providers and locations).

Message 3253 of 8,831
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Dish's official line would tell you to go out there with a broom and gently knock the snow off (because if you throw the dish out of alignment, they will charge you for a service call to fix it).

They can alternatively check out a free trial for something like https://www.fubo.tv/ which specializes in sports or check out YouTube TV, Hulu Live TV, PlayStation Vue (doesn't require a PlayStation, stupid name), etc if they have the channel the game is on (local channels vary amongst providers and locations).

+1

YouTube TV has the free trial month. Just remember to cancel.

Message 3254 of 8,831
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@pizza1

When we got hit by Hurricane Matthew and Irma all we did was readjust....I would call each time and ask for a ping. Just have someone, if at all possible, hold on to the dish while you scoop it off gently.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3255 of 8,831
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@RicHowe wrote:
Be sure to wave at me as you fly over Orlando!

Will do! Finally boarded after literally half the flight pre-boarded including at least 4 emotional support chihuahuas. Roll 👀

No one next to me in 2C and nobody in 1C or 1D. Surprising after so many 100% capacity Delta flights.

Message 3256 of 8,831
Anonymous
Not applicable

@expatCanuck wrote:
Okay, dog folk -- healthy, reasonably affordable kibble.

Go.

Canidae is my go to. Also, at least 5% cash back.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001D9JC0G/

Message 3257 of 8,831
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Thanks for checking the link, everyone. Appears to be an issue with just me. Next questions is whether you have your reports on ice?

Mine are locked, but I am seriously contemplating freeze

The only one that worries me is EQ...to many horror stories about being unable to lift lock/freeze

I have no problems freezing and thawing. It was the initial set up of the account that was the problem. Took a couple days to confirm account was set up. They just forgot to tell me I would have to wait.

Message 3258 of 8,831
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@expatCanuck wrote:

@macinjosh wrote:

The hardest thing about using 2 different emails for credit cards is accidentally changing one that was supposed to stay on the same email as my walmart account to my primary email. Got it straightened out finally.

Having different emails for different accounts is helpful when you use Zelle to move funds between them.

Yes, if I had to do that, I will definitely consider it. 3 of my banks are local in Pahrump (2 1/2 because the One Nevada Credit Union closed their branch a couple years ago, but left the ATM so we can still use it). And for Discover Bank, I set it up so I can pull money from any one of my accounts when I need to.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 3259 of 8,831
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Well, my son has shoveled me out, which is good.

I don't shovel snow if I can avoid it - I had a brother fall over dead at 48 years old shoveling snow.

Message 3260 of 8,831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.