Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - January 2019

@sarge12 wrote:

@macinjosh wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Zero Delta flights cancelled as far as I can tell but many delayed. Headed for car now. So cold!

Glad you made it home safe and just FYI.....we picked good with Delta. Spirit now ahead of AA and UA according to Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/grantmartin/2019/01/19/spirit-pulls-ahead-of-american-and-united-in-new-airline-rankings/#1375f348526a

Also @kilroy8, I ain’t no cheap throw’em back girl.......not anymore 😂

Also @sarge12, I still think of you every time I see Beenie Weenies. (One of my all time fav stories from MyFico......actually one of my fav stories period! 😂 Good to see you! 

I still don't like beenie weenies in spite of how many of those little cans I once owned. I still think that I may have single handedly and without my knowledge increased the Van Camps stock value. It may be hilarious now, but was far from funny at the time.

You have me curious about this story. Do you have a link about it?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Very-funny-true-story-saved-by-credit-card/m-p/4748885#M58141

Hahaha! It’s even more hilarious that it was a 29.99% APR card that saved you! Don’t see that happen often!

Message 5731 of 8,831
Anonymous
Not applicable

@macinjosh wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Finally home! Not a long drive across the city from the airport, but it’s a bit treacherous out there. Driveway is a complete sheet of ice several inches thick and no space cleared enough on the street, so took a few tries to get into the driveway.

I owe one of my neighbors big time since we came home to a cleared sidewalk and even front walkway and steps! Now I have to get up for work in 3 hours. I’ll be completely back later today. I’ve been able to at least keep up with the thread.

That’s a lot of ice in your driveway! Hopefully you have enough salt to melt it. I have heard a rumor that cat litter works like salt, but I can’t back it up as anything more than a rumor.

Salt melts the ice, kitty litter gives you traction and absorbs the water as it melts but kitty litter won’t help it to melt. 

If you go out in a storm, a bag of kitty litter in the trunk can save you from getting stuck but it won’t do much except leave a mess to clean up when the snow melts and give you enough traction to pull in if you use it on your driveway. 

Message 5732 of 8,831
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting to wonder if I am ever going to get this security letter from Sync so I can add my real phone number and thus access my Amazon account. Don’t know what prompted me to think about that, maybe it was looking at the PayPal logo in my signature and realizing I don’t have the new card or that letter yet. 

I woke up around 2AM curled up at the foot of my bed again. It’s become somewhat of a habit. It sounds like we have blizzard conditions outside with the wind but I’m too lazy to get out of my bed and check to see how much snow is out there. Forecast was 3-6” last I heard then the skies are supposed to clear up completely later today. 

Really hope I can get back to sleep because my eyes are heavy but every time I close them, I can’t keep them closed. 

Glad to see that K made it home finally, what a wild trip!

Message 5733 of 8,831
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Zero Delta flights cancelled as far as I can tell but many delayed. Headed for car now. So cold!

i mean.. ive been telling you! have fun cracking your cars out with an ice pick!

😂

Message 5734 of 8,831
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Finally home! Not a long drive across the city from the airport, but it’s a bit treacherous out there. Driveway is a complete sheet of ice several inches thick and no space cleared enough on the street, so took a few tries to get into the driveway.

I owe one of my neighbors big time since we came home to a cleared sidewalk and even front walkway and steps! Now I have to get up for work in 3 hours. I’ll be completely back later today. I’ve been able to at least keep up with the thread.

awesome! 

Message 5735 of 8,831
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@macinjosh wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

That’s a lot of ice in your driveway! Hopefully you have enough salt to melt it. I have heard a rumor that cat litter works like salt, but I can’t back it up as anything more than a rumor.

Salt melts the ice, kitty litter gives you traction and absorbs the water as it melts but kitty litter won’t help it to melt. 

If you go out in a storm, a bag of kitty litter in the trunk can save you from getting stuck but it won’t do much except leave a mess to clean up when the snow melts and give you enough traction to pull in if you use it on your driveway. 

yep i was going to answer but figured someone already had lol

Message 5736 of 8,831
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

Gotta luv NFCU. Just got my rate on the GoRewards lowered to 10.99%, the lowest they offer.

Shazam!

How? 

thingphone.gif

(Edited to add:  requesting a reduction via secure message works, too.)

Thank you, Thing. 

Was there an HP involved?

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 5737 of 8,831
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Good morning boys and girls.

Glad K made it home safely....  he ought to be a sight at work today...  Smiley Wink

After a glorious day off, it's back to work today. 

Hope that you're all off to a good start, and don't apply for anything or we'll put all of that ice in YOUR driveway.  Smiley Tongue

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 5738 of 8,831
Anonymous
Not applicable

The bird is the word

Message 5739 of 8,831
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

Good morning boys and girls.

Glad K made it home safely....  he ought to be a sight at work today...  Smiley Wink

After a glorious day off, it's back to work today. 

Hope that you're all off to a good start, and don't apply for anything or we'll put all of that ice in YOUR driveway.  Smiley Tongue

Too late, it’s already here. We got hit harder than Denver did. 

Have a good day taco 🌮!

Message 5740 of 8,831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.