Garden Club - January 2020

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - January 2020

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow, it's extremely difficult to keep up with the amount of posts in this thread. I'm bored here at work and just read through 35 pages of stuff since last night.
Also, thanks for all the warm welcomes to the garden! It's a bit hard not to scroll through the approvals thread, but I'll survive, haha.

Welcome!

It doesn't bother me to go through the approvals, as I have a goal in mind and I'm set on the goal. If I start to itch I just remember how bad I want the AR and that usually calms me down

It's FOTM cards that get me. When there's a rash of approvals for a card I don't have, it tempts me to jump on the train. 

To be completely honest I started going through your siggy last night drooling over the cards I don't have and almost applied for them... lmao.
Stopped myself though.
Message 5281 of 12,881
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Ichsnay talkappskay.

Message 5282 of 12,881
Anonymous
Not applicable

@calyx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mv350 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello, ladies and gentleman. I suppose it’s time for me to take it easy for awhile and enter the garden for the first time ever. It has to be done.

Welcome, @Anonymous. Bring Heineken and whiskey kplzthnx

Had to google that one

Kthxbye

I had a friend that had that as his license plate

People who have vanity plates, especially stupid ones, just make themselves targets for police. 

How you figure

They're easier to run than random plates are for one. Anything you do that makes you stick out of the crowd attracts attention from everyone, not just random drivers. 

During testing for becoming a police officer, your memory is tested. The test is being given random plate numbers and having to recall them later in the conversation. The police aren't going to call in your plate because it's a vanity plate, they're going to call in your plate if you're doing something you're not supposed to. They don't even look at your plate unless they happen to be stuck behind you or they have a reason to.

There was a study on it some years back that said otherwise. Red paint, vanity plates, and bumper stickers all were things that got you pulled over more. Read that article when I was like 17 and it stuck with me. It makes sense even if it's just something as simple as a cop getting behind you to read your bumper stickers making you freak out and break some traffic law. 

Also police randomly run plates for no reason all the time, don't know where you got the idea they only run them if you're doing something you're not supposed to. 

I would also wonder if geographic location matters.
In Texas, I would've never gotten a vanity plate because they're so freakin' expensive (you also didn't see them as often).
Here, you can't swing a cat without hitting a vanity plate because they're really cheap and a whole lotta cars have them.

(personal favorite is FUTREXYF, which lives in my neighborhood.. I park next to BIRDSPY or CORTEX most days... Old work had DR MOUSE and NEURON)

That probably does have something to do with it. They weren't very common here. What was more common is people like myself refusing to have that hideous green plate so we paid extra for the Columbine memorial plates. 

A2237B54-A630-4428-A872-0DF621176A54.jpeg

vs

8005D013-2F42-4967-9A1E-B3AA599F1372.jpeg

I think my Columbine plates were like $50?

Message 5283 of 12,881
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

They should have Coors beer plates there.

Message 5284 of 12,881
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow, it's extremely difficult to keep up with the amount of posts in this thread. I'm bored here at work and just read through 35 pages of stuff since last night.
Also, thanks for all the warm welcomes to the garden! It's a bit hard not to scroll through the approvals thread, but I'll survive, haha.

Welcome!

It doesn't bother me to go through the approvals, as I have a goal in mind and I'm set on the goal. If I start to itch I just remember how bad I want the AR and that usually calms me down

It's FOTM cards that get me. When there's a rash of approvals for a card I don't have, it tempts me to jump on the train. 

To be completely honest I started going through your siggy last night drooling over the cards I don't have and almost applied for them... lmao.
Stopped myself though.

You have some great cards. I'm not seeing any glaring holes. With that many inquiries, it's definitely time to garden. You don't wanna spook your lenders and be the victim of AA. 

Message 5285 of 12,881
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kilroy8 wrote:

They should have Coors beer plates there.

Nobody drinks Coors here though. 

Message 5286 of 12,881
Remedios
Credit Mentor

What Kilroy meant is no app talk in this thread.
He's normally a bit more eloquent when his mouth is not full of organ containing conjugated bilirubin.

Technically, liver is a gland, but glands are organs in wider sense, so whatever I said.
Message 5287 of 12,881
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kilroy8 wrote:

Ichsnay talkappskay.

Pig Latin! @kilroy8 you doing ok ? 

Message 5288 of 12,881
Remedios
Credit Mentor

He's fine, he's just being nice about app talk.
Message 5289 of 12,881
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@calyx wrote:

@expatCanuck wrote:
It's 47° and rainy in NoVA.

58° and rainy in the Piedmont (NC).

55° and rainy in San Jose (CA)

81° and I think this is where the devil resides.

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 5290 of 12,881
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.