Mega Contributor

Re: Garden Club - July 2019

@Anonymous wrote:

@expatCanuck wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

I've been thoroughly conditioned against accepting or paying bribes at work as doing so is grounds for immediate termination.   Some things just stick with you even outside of work. Smiley Wink

"No gifts with a monetary value exceeding $50."

Our industry has a policy of -$0-   Over the past 15 years I have seen people give/recieve cash, sports tickets, promotions for relatives, and the largest one we don't talk about here.   

Generally speaking, our company policy is ZERO even though it says $50.  There is an understanding that if a vendor wants to take you to lunch so send a bottle of wine at Christmas, nobody is going to complain, however, if it's over $50 or it's "excessive" then you'll get the no-no bad-dog speech

Must be my upbringing -- I take those online work ethics courses and think "Folks have to be told this because ... ?". At the end of the day, you'll either go down that road or you won't, but I can't imagine that the training is gonna change anyone's direction. It's just CYA for the employer / contractor.

Let's face it, all mandatory training not specific to task work is CYA on the companies part.

I think that would depend on the context of "mandatory".  Some training activities are mandated by state and/or federal law which go beyond the "lets make the attorneys happy" CYA mindset.  California's laws requiring anti-sexual harassment training by companies with 50+ employees (soon to be 5+) is an example. 

Some of my training is specifically required by federal regulations.  I have to review material and take quizzes so my employer can demonstrate compliance with regulators.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 1891 of 5,282
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hvKyBcCDOB4

If your pop career is dying, switch to country music..  they'll take anyone LOL

Hey extra air time if you ruin a great bob dylan song in the process.

There is an old joke about a nude corpse placed face down in the morgue with a cork protruding from their rear end.

Repeating it here would lead to a pearl clutch or three, but the punch line uses slang to describe how any anus is capable of playing country music.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 1892 of 5,282
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I see UncleB can't sleep either. Smiley Sad

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 1893 of 5,282
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Before I give sleep another shot I'm going to give Remi her coffee for the morning.

Dancing by Prinz | Spreadshirt

Seems only appropriate given her performance from last night.   Regrettably there are no pictures.  Smiley Sad

Today is a payday so I have at least 1 thing to cheer about today!

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 1894 of 5,282
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I can't sleep and this stopped being funny 4-5 wakeups ago 😐

Message 1895 of 5,282
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

*yawns* Grrrrr.....

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1896 of 5,282
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

Before I give sleep another shot I'm going to give Remi her coffee for the morning.

Seems only appropriate given her performance from last night.   Regrettably there are no pictures.  Smiley Sad

Yay! Payday!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1897 of 5,282
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

I can't sleep and this stopped being funny 4-5 wakeups ago 😐

🤗

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1898 of 5,282
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

And I dreamed I was awake, doing my morning routine. 🙄😒

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1899 of 5,282
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

And, that you woke up today to be able to collect your paycheck. 😂🤣. A little humor for a Friday. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 1900 of 5,282
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.