Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Garden Club - July 2019

I will never run out of yummy gummy even if they make me sing Toxic 🤷‍♀️

Message 2201 of 5,282
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@UncleB Tempted to pick up the stuff you and @Remedios was discussing at Walmart.... Havent been out much since taking care of a family member with pneumonia... or sleeping that well myself IMHO... Tend to have less stomach disagreement / issues with gummy based vitamins/suppliments.. 

-J

Message 2202 of 5,282
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@joltdude wrote:

Tempted to pick up the stuff you and @Remedios was discussing at Walmart.... Havent been out much since taking care of a family member with pneumonia... or sleeping that well myself IMHO... Tend to have less stomach disagreement / issues with gummy based vitamins/suppliments.. 

-J

I was chatting with @Remedios earlier about the gummies... while the passion flower they include isn't significant (at least compared to what I'm used to) apparently the combination of other stuff makes them "special". 

Last night I could definitely tell a difference, almost as if I had taken something Rx, at least for a little while.

They have a funky taste, but not really objectionable, just weird.  They do seem to work pretty well, though.Smiley Happy

Message 2203 of 5,282
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Message 2204 of 5,282
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

DW and I cheated on the healthier eating today... it's Friday...we're tired...pizza and beer.  God is good.  Smiley Happy

(Oh wait... five things... yeah, yeah...)

Glad @Adkins got SOME sleep at least... I have to be at work ridiculous early tomorrow.  5 am.  I honestly believed that they were just messing with the new guy... that'd be me... 5 o clock?  In the morning?  Whatevs.  It's overtime, I'll be there. 

Barclays should cut new statement tomorrow.  Not that I'm anxious or anything. 

Hope that you all have a pleasant Friday evening, and don't apply for anything that isn't worth it.  ( @Brian_Earl_SpilnerSmiley Tongue

Pizza and beer here too.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 2205 of 5,282
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

And done. Took me a full extra hour due to computer nonsense. Grrrr....

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2206 of 5,282
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

And home. This weekend is packed. The toddler is attending her cousins birthday party later today, then tomorrow afternoon we are going to my BFFs place to swim in her pool. No rest for the wicked 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2207 of 5,282
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I just spent an hour digging out the old (12 yrs) laptop and getting it online. Smiley Frustrated

The "new" one was working great, but the left hinge has been broken for a while.  Of course it's out of warranty, so I've been dealing with it, being as careful as possible.  (Well, not quite "new"... it's now 1½ years old.)

Apparently the broken hinge was creating stress on the other side because a few days back the right hinge broke as well.  Like the left hinge it wasn't completely broken, but just enough to put stress on the case.  The cheap case was 'snapped' together (only one screw in the center) so with that part of the case/hinge broken every time I opened the lid the case would try to pop open.

Just a little while ago I opened it, and the display went out.  This wasn't terribly unusual since the act of opening it was putting pressure on the power button and usually a second press would bring it back, but not this time.  There's also a rattling sound that wasn't present before, and when I took the small cover off the back there were stray pieces of plastic - it's dead. Smiley Sad

Anyway...

I'm now back on the old laptop, which works but it's painfully slowwwwww.  This has already been a challenging few weeks with the unexpected spend on new tires/brakes, so as you might imagine I have some thinking to do. Smiley Indifferent

Message 2208 of 5,282
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I just spent an hour digging out the old (12 yrs) laptop and getting it online. Smiley Frustrated

The "new" one was working great, but the left hinge has been broken for a while.  Of course it's out of warranty, so I've been dealing with it, being as careful as possible.  (Well, not quite "new"... it's now 1½ years old.)

Apparently the broken hinge was creating stress on the other side because a few days back the right hinge broke as well.  Like the left hinge it wasn't completely broken, but just enough to put stress on the case.  The cheap case was 'snapped' together (only one screw in the center) so with that part of the case/hinge broken every time I opened the lid the case would try to pop open.

Just a little while ago I opened it, and the display went out.  This wasn't terribly unusual since the act of opening it was putting pressure on the power button and usually a second press would bring it back, but not this time.  There's also a rattling sound that wasn't present before, and when I took the small cover off the back there were stray pieces of plastic - it's dead. Smiley Sad

Anyway...

I'm now back on the old laptop, which works but it's painfully slowwwwww.  This has already been a challenging few weeks with the unexpected spend on new tires/brakes, so as you might imagine I have some thinking to do. Smiley Indifferent

Yikes! Not good. There should be some decent laptops on sale right now though.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 2209 of 5,282
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Yeah, I'm schlepping through all the options over on Amazon right now.  Smiley Indifferent

I have a healthy GC balance and with Prime Day just around the corner that will likely be where I go. 

My old Dell (the one I'm on right now) is like a tank, and other than being slow has been an awesome machine - the display is actually superior to the newer one.  I've just about accepted the fact that whatever I get from here on out will have a lifespan of ~2 years and a so-so display, but at least they are cheaper than they used to be (the 'tank' I'm using now was just north of $2k brand-new).

The one that's now busted (also a Dell) is possibly just a lemon - it had to be shipped back to Dell for a new battery at six months - or perhaps my expectations are skewed, since I know electronics are becoming more disposable each year.

I like Dell since I've had so many over the years they are somewhat 'familar', but I'm certainly not locked-in.  I'm looking at Acer options over on Amazon now.

New purchases are supposed to be exciting, but this one isn't.  <sigh>

Message 2210 of 5,282
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.