Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - July 2019

tag
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - July 2019

Heat index > 100 Thurs-Sun here, but not too bad besides that.

Message 2911 of 5,282
calyx
Super Contributor

Good morning Gardeners!

I missed harassing y'all last night.   It was pupper obedience class and someone was a very good doggo.   And the instructor told me she was the prettiest in the class.  I'm sure she didn't tell anyone else that.    She's already trained on most of the stuff we'll be covering (this class is for form''s sake so she's eligible for other, cooler stuff), so I feel like some of it is showing off, but oh well.   Still working on heel, though, she's the worst at that (also not food motivated, so tends to lose her composure during class if I'm not staring her in the face).

In Gardening news:  Still gardening.

In credit news:  Came home after doggo class, so it was ~8:30 and after a week of neglect I figured I'd actually water the credit.   In one area of the yard the tomatoes are 70% dead.   But in the other, they're bursting, so I'm not mad about the loss, since I'll be giving away tomatoes anyway.   Dead-headed the hydrangeas that have taken off, did not harvest anything because it was mostly dark and I'm afraid that the zucchini may have reached sentience and started their own civilization.   I want to at least see what I'm sticking my hand into.
Heirloom tomatoes are still going like gang busters and will hopefully be turning/ripening soon.   I did grab one giant zucchini that I saw draped over the side of the box... and then the pupper ran off with it as "play"  and it was mutilated.  RIP giant, beautiful zucchini.

In good news:  The plum tree is sprouting new leaves.  It appears the damage from the great neem oil mishap is not permanent.  I still feel like an idiot, though.

I might try to harvest tonight.  We'll see.
It's in the upper 90s until mid-next week.   Interesting that last year I lost stuff because it was too wet and mild.  This year, it's just so hot and dry.   

And in other news - the contractors that built the deck want to bring in professional photographers to take pictures of their work.   I have no doubt that the neighbor (friends of the business owner) might have mentioned all of the work we've done in the back yard and between the nice yard and the beautiful deck, would be happy to showcase it on their website.   

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2912 of 5,282
calyx
Super Contributor

Is someone tinkering with myFICO/forums?  The formatting has turned into a hot mess.

Message 2913 of 5,282
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going to be a hot day here it's rolling up on 9:30am and it's already 81* outside. Work is going to be dreadful once it reaches about 1pm or so, inside the building its about 25* hotter despite the giant fan over my work area.
Message 2914 of 5,282
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bright side at least is I have ribeye steak, mushrooms and onions, and parm/garlic roasted asparagus for lunch
Message 2915 of 5,282
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@coldfusion wrote:

Good not-a-Monday morning everybody.

I have your coffee with half-n-half Remi on the warmer.

MAUAG Funny Coffee Mug Christmas Gifts, Hilarious Why Waste Sarcastic Opportunity Best Home and Office Gifts for Friend Cup White, 14 Oz

Now I know for sure you need at least 8x cream in your iced coffee too.

I need all the cream 

waffle01.jpg

Message 2916 of 5,282
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Grumble, grumble, mumble, mumble, morning. I slept wrong, so there’s a kink in my neck, and a headache. Grumble.

Also, is it the 25th yet?

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 2917 of 5,282
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

That's a big breakfast!  If you want half I'm happy to share Smiley Happy

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2918 of 5,282
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Bright side at least is I have ribeye steak, mushrooms and onions, and parm/garlic roasted asparagus for lunch

Yumz!

Message 2919 of 5,282
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Good morning everyone. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8N9vxYxWcc

Message 2920 of 5,282
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.