Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - June 2022

Compress_20220622_194215_5026.jpg

Compress_20220622_194215_5287.jpg

Compress_20220622_194215_5612.jpg

And, of course, a bit of spearmint.

Compress_20220622_194214_4780.jpg

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 541 of 693
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Good morning boys, girls, and gardening gardeners!  Happy Thursday!

No credit news.  Ever.

We meet with our Insurance guy this afternoon to discuss life insurance.  Whee.

Painted most pieces for a small project yesterday... might start assembling after the sun comes up.

Hand is better every day.  Still not perfect, but absolutely zero pain.

Hope that you're all off to a good start!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 542 of 693
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW! Lost my touch? Smiley Surprised

Need the Garden as my credit seeking habits knocked me for a loss of -3 points and then another -13 points with the damage not over yet! In shock! Sitting at Fico 850 using 08 Scoring for over five years and now the great tumble. A sad day in Mudville tonight Smiley Frustrated

Since I am tumbling into the real world of MyFicoers ... maybe I should pursue other credit? Don't know what yet? Smiley Sad

Will add, the other scoring models of various flavors and age hit me far worse. Some cast me in the 700s where many folks already reside. One thing ... know there will be Myficoers here to sooth my wounds ... hark!  Smiley Embarassed

Update, Mortgage Score dropped from 833 to 788 overnight. My future will be ugly! Credit seeking even with an old file has risks?  Smiley Sad

Message 543 of 693
RobynJ
Established Contributor

Good morning fellow gardener's 

Today is rainy and gloomy, bah humbug. Going to attempt the assembly of furniture and with any luck I will get through the day without throwing something lol. 
In credit news I got my invite for the X1 card. I am not ready for it yet though. I think I will wait for a while before even beginning to decide if I even want/need the card. Other than the high SL it's not really a good fit. Have a great day all. 

> > > > > > > > >

Starting Score:

Current Score:
My highest 818

Goal Score:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

/
Message 544 of 693
angelofmusic86
Frequent Contributor

Morning and Happy Friday Eve!

It's not even 10:30, and I'm already mentally done with work for the day/week. I need to stop volunteering for things at work is the lesson I need to learn. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

CH7 Filed 05.01.2020; Discharged 10.21.2020

10.22.2020 FICO8 Scores: EQ 615 TU 560 EX 581
06.28.2023 FICO8 Scores: EQ 663 TU 663 EX 661

Rebuild progress: Kohl's $3,000; CapitalOne QS $0AF $3,600; CreditOne Rewards $700; CapitalOne Walmart MC $3,000; Overdraft Line $250; PenFed PCR $10,000; Kemba Visa $3,500; CreditOne $0AF AMEX $1,500; Target RedCard $1,200; paid off reaffirmed car loan!; Wells Fargo Active Cash $1,500; Comenity Ultamate Rewards MC $4,250; CapitalOne Savor One $3,000; Amazon Store Card $3,600; CareCredit $7,400; Synchrony TJ Maxx Mastercard $3,500; Well's Fargo Reflect Visa $3,500; Levin Furniture $7,400
Gardening until December 2023.
Message 545 of 693
RobynJ
Established Contributor

So I signed into My Penfed account today and they finally have my free Fico score available for me. It seems to still have stayed the same C3C022D2-C61F-4A4B-B63F-2B031127EBB1.png

> > > > > > > > >

Starting Score:

Current Score:
My highest 818

Goal Score:

/
Message 546 of 693
RobynJ
Established Contributor

I'm a little distraught right now with my GMRewards account right now. So they reported on 6/14 my first balance of $2.00 from my statement close date of 6/12. I logged into CK today to see my score dropped 2 points and was curious of why. Low and behold my GM card report a purchase I made on the 19th for $669 the same day I made it. My CL is $3000 so it took my a little over 20% Utl and when I called the lady could not explain why they did it and was confused herself. She asked if I wanted to dispute it and I said no but definitely learned a lesson to never purchase a large item on this card. I PIF immediately and hopefully they will update the balance but if not it will go back to normal in a couple weeks. Just bummed as I want to always keep my Utl under 5% so far until now it's never been over 2%. 

> > > > > > > > >

Starting Score:

Current Score:
My highest 818

Goal Score:

/
Message 547 of 693
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW! Lost my touch? Smiley Surprised

Need the Garden as my credit seeking habits knocked me for a loss of -3 points and then another -13 points with the damage not over yet! In shock! Sitting at Fico 850 using 08 Scoring for over five years and now the great tumble. A sad day in Mudville tonight Smiley Frustrated

Since I am tumbling into the real world of MyFicoers ... maybe I should pursue other credit? Don't know what yet? Smiley Sad

Will add, the other scoring models of various flavors and age hit me far worse. Some cast me in the 700s where many folks already reside. One thing ... know there will be Myficoers there to sooth my wounds ... hark!  Smiley Embarassed

Is that a seedling sprouting up out of the snow?

I have no doubt there was a great reason, and that the endeavor was successful.

Message 548 of 693
IncrsCreditScore
Established Contributor

@sxa001 wrote:

Taking a quick breather between calls. Super busy Wednesday.  I was supposed to go and get my tires rotated and balanced today but don't have time to make it to the tire shop between calls so had to reschedule for next week.  Work has been super crazy and I am filling super frustrated by some things but when the paycheck hits next Thursday I will be reminded of why I put up with some of the BS that I do....

Life is otherwise very good, baby started solid food this week, at first she was skeptical and then she was really digging it.  We started with avacado, all our research indicated it is a good first food.  She is growing up too fast! 

This weekend is the annual amateur radio field day event, I will likely operate from home on emergency power as time permits.   Outside of that things are pretty boring, we are mostly buckling down our spending right now as we are starting to feel inflation and my wife really wants to start car shopping at the end of this year/early next year.  I imagine I will come out of the garden when that time comes and we will probably get a loan, I don't want to have a car payment but my wife isn't keen on getting a higher mileage pre-owned vehicle.  We may go pre-owned but she wants low mileage.  It's always something!

Happy Gardening everyone, I have to hop on my next call!

How old is the baby?

Message 549 of 693
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Hey folks..

Long time no check-in to the Garden..

Been a rough month or two between a friend in the hospital for a month (and still needing more) and hvac drama... 

Hope the summer is off to a good start for folks.. been going between hot and wet here in the Northeast..

Was knocked out of the 800s after my Latte Loan (TM) finally was paid off and closed last year.. and havent really been able to get back since..

Really thinking of ducking out of the garden but not sure if im at the end of the road for nongarden things... 

--J

Message 550 of 693
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.