Did you mean: 

Garden Club - May 2022

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club - May 2022

@Adkins wrote:

@Junejer wrote:

I'm on a mission to make my house as "smart" as possible. So, I recently installed a couple of new gadgets. I installed a smart kitchen faucet that activates by the wave of my hand--very cool. My favorite indoor gadget is my bluetooth exhaust fan for my master bathroom. This is easily my favorite indoor gadget. I use it every day. DW loves it for when she takes her whirlpool baths after a tough workout.

My favorite outdoor gadget is my robotic automower. I got sick of being miserable with allergic symptoms after mowing my lawn. I also gained back four hours per week as I don't have to mow 1.25 acres of grass twice per week. Pac-Man runs nearly 24/7 to keep my lawn in tip top shape.

Next up for me are smart garage door openers.

What are the coolest gadgets you have in your house?

I've looked at the auto mowers and wondered if it could handle a large yard. Our yard is slightly under two acres. It would save a lot of time mowing, that's for sure! The only auto type gadget we have in the house are the LED lights in the garage, they have motion sensors so you don't need to turn them on. 

They can, as they are able to run 24/7. It takes a little while for it to get the lawn in order, but once it gets caught up, it's amazing. If you want to help it a bit, you could do one last cut before activating it. My allergy symptoms are much better over the past two seasons.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 471 of 697
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

@Junejer wrote:

I'm on a mission to make my house as "smart" as possible. So, I recently installed a couple of new gadgets. I installed a smart kitchen faucet that activates by the wave of my hand--very cool. My favorite indoor gadget is my bluetooth exhaust fan for my master bathroom. This is easily my favorite indoor gadget. I use it every day. DW loves it for when she takes her whirlpool baths after a tough workout.

My favorite outdoor gadget is my robotic automower. I got sick of being miserable with allergic symptoms after mowing my lawn. I also gained back four hours per week as I don't have to mow 1.25 acres of grass twice per week. Pac-Man runs nearly 24/7 to keep my lawn in tip top shape.

I love my Phillips HUE light system. It is wonderful, when in bed at night, that I no longer have to get out of bed to turn the lamps/ceiling lights off.  Likewise, in the morning, stay in bed and turn lamps on.  Lights can be automatically dimmed and brightened.   

Have purchased a smart garage door opener, but haven't tried yet.

Also have a Lennox smart iComfort thermometer, so thermometer setting can be changed from a tablet.  It is so convenient.  

Am truly liking the Ring floodlight and doorbell recently installed.  A learning curve to get the settings straight and to figure out how to stop it from giving a notification everyone time a car passed - but finally it is set the way I like it.

Like you, I am slowly wanting to get more HUE lightbulbs, etc., and in general do more things to make my home a smart home.  By the way, I do not have Alexa.

Will be so interesting to see other comments concerning this topic.                                                                                                                              

I like my nest thermostat and ring doorbells. I set mine up to detect people only, after it drove me nuts detecting every car that drove by.

We have several Alexas in our house. I have a couple of HUE lightbulbs, but not actively using them at the moment.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Message 472 of 697
Binbinimiwi
Frequent Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

@Junejer wrote:

I've looked at the auto mowers and wondered if it could handle a large yard. Our yard is slightly under two acres. It would save a lot of time mowing, that's for sure! The only auto type gadget we have in the house are the LED lights in the garage, they have motion sensors so you don't need to turn them on. 

A smart mower sounds so awesome! I'm so jelly!! Smiley LOL  It sounds like it would solve almost all of my lawn care issue with the exception of a couple of things. Do you still have to do edging and shrub trimming?

Smart LED lights in the garage with motion sensors?! Sounds nice. As much as I'm in & out of my garage getting supplies for the house, I def could use something like that. Lowe's & Home Depot website here I come Smiley Happy

Thanks for the great ideas y'all.

>>
FICO8 Scores as of JAN 2021:

FICO8 Scores as of JULY 2023:

FICO9 Scores as of July 2023:

Message 473 of 697
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Junejer wrote:

It can be a pricey endeavor. We currently have hue inside and out, ring cameras with solar, ring doorbell, nest thermostat, wemo for certain things I don't want hue for and Christmas lights, myQ for the garage, Sonos in all the rooms, smart TVs, and everything is controlled by Alexa and Google from every room with speakers and docks, tablet, phone, and enabled products. Pretty sure the only things not linked to my network are our appliances and cars.

Message 474 of 697
Binbinimiwi
Frequent Contributor

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

@Junejer wrote:

I love my Phillips HUE light system. It is wonderful, when in bed at night, that I no longer have to get out of bed to turn the lamps/ceiling lights off.  Likewise, in the morning, stay in bed and turn lamps on.  Lights can be automatically dimmed and brightened.   

Have purchased a smart garage door opener, but haven't tried yet.

Also have a Lennox smart iComfort thermometer, so thermometer setting can be changed from a tablet.  It is so convenient.  

Am truly liking the Ring floodlight and doorbell recently installed.  A learning curve to get the settings straight and to figure out how to stop it from giving a notification everyone time a car passed - but finally it is set the way I like it.

Like you, I am slowly wanting to get more HUE lightbulbs, etc., and in general do more things to make my home a smart home.  By the way, I do not have Alexa.

Will be so interesting to see other comments concerning this topic.                                                                                                                              

I'm not exactly in a fully smart home, but my house isn't the dumbest house either! Smiley Very Happy

I do have a smart garage door opener, smart thermostats, a smart washer & dryer, and smart locks. I have an iHome (it was a gift) that I don't get much use out of since I don't have smart bulbs, and it's only compatible with my Apple TV's and other Apple devices (I'm in an Apple eco-system). If I invest in smart bulbs and convert some of my devices over to brands that are compatible with the Apple Home system I can use my iHome more, but I'm not really interested in making that kind of investment unless something needs to be replaced, so maybe I'll be able to get set up on iHome using my other devices as they age and need replacing.

TLDR: I have some smart stuff, but it's hodgepodge Smiley Very Happy

>>
FICO8 Scores as of JAN 2021:

FICO8 Scores as of JULY 2023:

FICO9 Scores as of July 2023:

Message 475 of 697
PapaTunde
Established Contributor

Just finished binging 5 hours of Cops

Now I have the urge to watch Hill Street Blues

I'm detecting a pattern starting to form

EDIT :  5.5 hours

All Fico9 835+ or there abouts

These violent delights have violent ends
Message 476 of 697
PlatinumCredit
Contributor

Yay made it to one full month of gardening and got my bronze spade!

Starting Score: 679
Current Score: 684
Goal Score: 720

Message 477 of 697
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@PlatinumCredit wrote:

Yay made it to one full month of gardening and got my bronze spade!

Congratulations!!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 478 of 697
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I'm so ready to sleep all day today. 😴

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 479 of 697
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Me too.  Good morning @Adkins !

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 480 of 697
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.